Playerdex: How to save a life

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
[yt]cjVQ36NhbMk[/yt]​
Just close to 13 hours ago, we announced the closure of our donation system and announced that on-going 'in-progress' topics would instead be resolved however with a between 10-25 token rates. This will later updated stating that players would get the remainder of these tokens at a later time. Then after some debate this was later updated and we gave out tokens in full (apart from 3 people, of which 2 of them will need to post since I can't remember who they are!).

For the past few months, it's basically been crap. I had planned updates, I had (and still have) a family at the moment that really needs my help more so this year than in the past and I likely after spending nights all night working on University work - failed this year of my course (fun...). It's not been the best of years and PWO is a project I care about, despite the numbers of times I have considered quiting - i've remained with the community.

Players as usual give me stick along with x member of staff over x thing. With regards to token issues, i've tried to get changes to be made, i've tried to get x member of staff to try and push for a change as well and i've tried to get players as well. Sadly the case was despite all this, nothing was changing. And it became what basically happened today.

I don't want this game to die due to money lose or like. I want to know we've been putting up a fight to help the game be the best it can be at the time and die out as a sort of natural thing.

I've made decisions and added limitations that i'm not personally a fan of myself but can't do much more with regards to getting them changed myself. One of these is registration - ideally I want us to get a new email server which will allow us to do instant verifications. I want a server that stops freezing while i'm in the middle of attempting to test updates for the Playerdex. I want a community that actually cares for the game.

Sadly we can't always get what we want, but we can at least try to aim for it or re-model it so we can have an similar effect. The aim of today's ideas was basically a case of aiming for change. I'm sorry if you didn't agree to it and you feel you can no longer trust us.

I personally hate things where you do x thing wrong and then the person who did the wrong, attempts to make up with x gift. However despite my hate for it, i'm sure there will be one or two who probably don't think the same way and therefore any accounts that have been marked as active this month - will be getting 3 tokens. Though i'll be holding these up till tomorrow.

Blue ~

[yt]gH476CxJxfg[/yt]

These two songs posted are the only ones i've been listening to in the past hour or so, goes well somewhat with the theme of the topic.

MrFlare2

Youngster
So wait, everyone whos been active this months getting 3 Tokens? If so, schweet! And Blue, thanks for everything, putting up with people. You are the life of PWO.

king1234

Youngster
I don't really donate since i cant,
but i didn't know u gave up so much to keep this alive.
u put this game at the front of your life instead of family and education.
You are indeed self-less.
Good luck with all future plan, :)

G

After a lot of debate we can finally shut down this chapter and start anew.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
On behalf of the entire PWO Staff, we apologise for any resentment or loss of trust our actions caused our community to feel towards the staff over the last 24 hours; and reaffirm our care and consideration for all PWO Players. It is always our aim to ensure we cause as little inconvenience as possible in order to perform a greater good for the widest community we can; but it has to be said, everyone makes mistakes and sometimes well-thought-out plans don't work out as well as we'd expected.

king1234

Youngster
Jinji said:
On behalf of the entire PWO Staff, we apologise for any resentment or loss of trust our actions caused our community to feel towards the staff over the last 24 hours; and reaffirm our care and consideration for all PWO Players. It is always our aim to ensure we cause as little inconvenience as possible in order to perform a greater good for the widest community we can; but it has to be said, everyone makes mistakes and sometimes well-thought-out plans don't work out as well as we'd expected.

i doubt u lose any, we are all humans. well i think ur a pokemon ghost, but all of us are humans,

Professor.Oak

Thanks Blue and all the PWO staff for everything. Everyone takes so much time from their own life to contribute here, and thats great to see.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
king1234 said:
Jinji said:

i doubt u lose any, we are all humans. well i think ur a pokemon ghost, but all of us are humans,
Kekeh! I thought about making a comment about the Staff being "only human" - before I realised how inaccurate that was :p

MrFlare2

Youngster
eh, its alright jinji. *feeds a soul* we all make those kind o' mistakes. *feeds 3 more souls*

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
MrFlare2 said:
eh, its alright jinji. *feeds a soul* we all make those kind o' mistakes. *feeds 3 more souls*
Gaaaaaaaaaar... (is enjoying being fed)

mad30

Youngster
Unfortunately some of us just couldnt make it in life...

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
(After swallowing numerous souls whole, Jinji begins to feel nauseous. He quickly vomits and the souls release themselves, undamaged due to being swallowed whole and having not remained in Jinji's stomach long enough to begin digesting)

G

when the server will be turned on again? still today or what? thanks, answer me please

earth20010

HEY bluerise
i used to post this video (the fray how to save a life) :p
on mibbit irc chat

you remember??

you started listening to this song because i used to post this on irc??
WOW amazing ahhahahahhahahahhaa

earth20010

Bluerise said:
[yt]cjVQ36NhbMk[/yt]​
Just close to 13 hours ago, we announced the closure of our donation system and announced that on-going 'in-progress' topics would instead be resolved however with a between 10-25 token rates. This will later updated stating that players would get the remainder of these tokens at a later time. Then after some debate this was later updated and we gave out tokens in full (apart from 3 people, of which 2 of them will need to post since I can't remember who they are!).

For the past few months, it's basically been crap. I had planned updates, I had (and still have) a family at the moment that really needs my help more so this year than in the past and I likely after spending nights all night working on University work - failed this year of my course (fun...). It's not been the best of years and PWO is a project I care about, despite the numbers of times I have considered quiting - i've remained with the community.

Players as usual give me stick along with x member of staff over x thing. With regards to token issues, i've tried to get changes to be made, i've tried to get x member of staff to try and push for a change as well and i've tried to get players as well. Sadly the case was despite all this, nothing was changing. And it became what basically happened today.

I don't want this game to die due to money lose or like. I want to know we've been putting up a fight to help the game be the best it can be at the time and die out as a sort of natural thing.

I've made decisions and added limitations that i'm not personally a fan of myself but can't do much more with regards to getting them changed myself. One of these is registration - ideally I want us to get a new email server which will allow us to do instant verifications. I want a server that stops freezing while i'm in the middle of attempting to test updates for the Playerdex. I want a community that actually cares for the game.

Sadly we can't always get what we want, but we can at least try to aim for it or re-model it so we can have an similar effect. The aim of today's ideas was basically a case of aiming for change. I'm sorry if you didn't agree to it and you feel you can no longer trust us.

I personally hate things where you do x thing wrong and then the person who did the wrong, attempts to make up with x gift. However despite my hate for it, i'm sure there will be one or two who probably don't think the same way and therefore any accounts that have been marked as active this month - will be getting 3 tokens. Though i'll be holding these up till tomorrow.

Blue ~

[yt]gH476CxJxfg[/yt]

These two songs posted are the only ones i've been listening to in the past hour or so, goes well somewhat with the theme of the topic.

Dont LOOSE confidence REBORN! i have full faith in you! for me you are not less then a Hero and am seriously not joking! their are only few people in this world who work for their dream and actually make it possible! you really are one of those!
you just need to step up your game! there have been so many people who finally quit but this is not the time for you!!!!
dont worry about your failures! everyone has failures!
there is always a sunshine after rain! keep doing the hard work ,you will be in my prayers! i wish you full success!!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE[/youtube]

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
lol Thought Earth has gone for good >.<

Anyway, this topic put a smile on my face after such a rubbish week. ^_^

G

ok, for one this is a free game therfore i should be thankful, not bitter...i am :)
i am only a few days old with this game and i have to say, despite the server crashes and broken moves; it is one of a kind and has its own charm, after all i have not left yet and im pretty sure you did your part and this post confirms it. thank you sir for your sacrifice.
i cant say much on the donation system because i have not donated, and im poor at the moment and unable to spare a dime right now but believe me something such as this that revives my childhood would be worth every penny if it goes to keeping this going and improving it.
so heres to hoping what ever happens in the future it works out for you, its been tough by the sound of things and every person needs a break from working hard.