New update shiny ivs 20+

mixunli

This is my own opinion (don't judge) :D

I Believe people donate it is Because for Stuff, and most of it is to get membership. That deals with the package of +exp, +money, etc. and of course cool shiny poke having good IV's when you hunt in game. For Example Having S grow with an iv of 21,22,21,22,21 is so bad and not quite good usable in PVP/Battle :D , So I will be happy if the shiny will be stay in 28-31 or 28-32 ivs.

Thanks ^_^
Have a Great Day everyone ^_^

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
MantileStyle said:
that is the reply from one of the most corrupt staff member, i know darkness secrets about you and you friend daniel, so shut up, you not are welcome in this topic, and say to one guy quit if you dont like the update is like say you only want falsity of the people who is agree witg you

Way to discredit every opinion you have regarding well.... everything. Good luck being taken seriously at all now. Abandon thread.

killanaddict

Tjolf said:
2: im not a math genious, but as far as i can tell the 30% you are speaking of there is there is the chance for one specific stat ( for example speed) of the 6 stats to be between 28 and 31, not for all of the 6 stats to be between 28 and 31. the chance for all off the stats being between 28 and 31 at the same time would be roughly (0,3*0,3*0,3*0,3*0,3*0,3*100)% = 0.1% chance that a new found shiny has all 6 stats between 28 and 31. maybe someone with some better math knowledge could clarify.the chance to find a shiny that is on par with the old ones is still there for sure, though it is unrealistically small.
in principle according to probabilty theory it's 4^6/31^6=0,0000046, but
julio2503 said:
It's 1/2048 for members and 1/8192 for non-members.
0,00012 many more than 0,0000046

Mumetufu

What this update will do? The players which were lucky enough or smart enoguh to get shinies before (they had this feeling that something is going to happen...) would only gain. Prize of old shinies will increase with every day the game run, people would spend on them more money, which will allow them to complete their collections... of shinies. Hurray right? Of course it is possible to catch regular pokemon with good stats but suprisenly you don't have so many on your own.
There aren't many post at my Petition topic. Thanks for support Bluerise and UW01 :p I do realize that some changes has to be made but not like they just happened.
Solution: remove "S" from the game, already caught leave with stats they have. It is only "a cool looking poke".

Merse

Youngster
PhantomsCV said:
Zywa_Torpeda said:
People are reading everything here, as it's the most controversial updates of all time, and everyone wants to have a word in this.

Of all time? NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Which one would you call the most controversial then? Just because I can't think of anything more controversial than this one since I'm playing. I'm not saying it's bad though, I love it.

ON TOPIC: No matter what change the staff will introduce, it will favor veterans. They have the experience, the wealth the collection of Pokes to come out as winners from every situation. It's the way capitalist economy works.
Do you expand the IV range of shinys? Vets gonna sit on their old shinys till their price goes up sky high.
Do you reduce the IV range of shinys? Vets gonna sell out their current shinys immediately before their price drops drastically, then they will stockpile form the new shinys when their price reduced due flooding the market.
Either way, the veteran wins and gains advantage over the newcomer. There is no way to reduce the gap between vets and newcomers with changing the rules of the game. The only way would be to cut down the property of what you already own. For example deleting 10% of money and Pokemon of what players already own. Now THAT would be drastic and unreasonable.

Julia

I support this update, why not make IVs 1-31 while we're at it. The change was certainly neither unannounced nor overnight and the game needed it, if I may be so bold to say.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
EcoWOLFrb said:
I will say this, I'm not currently selling my shinies, and apart from the 2 or 3 I was already selling previously, I'm not going to sell any of them, ever. The value of those pokemon, I believe, will not inflate faster than PWOs economy will deflate. I will not benefit financially from this update greatly, and I do not PVP that much, I'm mostly a collector, and when I do battle I don't feel that the difference in 4 or 5 ivs will be felt, so I'm not biased on the battling aspect that my pokes will be superior. Now that that has been said, I'm in favor of this update because it is good for the game, I have no ulterior motives, I'm not being driven by greed, and I'm not looking to screw over noobs. It is good for the game, that is all.

Please stop trying to make out the older players as evil demons who selfishly support this update to advance their status and wealth further. The range of players you're talking about who have tons of reserves of excess shinies to sell, contrary to what you believe, is not very wide, it is in fact a small group of people who frankly were well off before this update, and don't need the help. Not everything is a loaded gun pointed directly at newer players, and you shouldn't expect to be spoon fed when you cry.

Thing is, those who are crying because they're no longer being spoonfed are too blind to realize the truth in what you said. I don't even know why you made the effort of explaining this to them because tbh I doubt even a single word will get through their thick skulls. Just let them be in their own delusion, they'll grow tired of it eventually

ImmaPotato

if i consider the range changed from 28-31 to 20-32 the chance for all 28+ IV shiny is about 0.6% of ALL new shinies. if i consider it 20-32 from 28-32 it is 1.2%. that's not a lot. i remember when i caught my S bat. i was having a crappy day but looking at it's 29+ IVs made me smile which will not happen with the new IVs. yes i never bought MS and i don't really care about encountering them since i like farming pokemon but come on only 1.2% shinies with good Ivs seriously that'd take a non MS guys years. even with MS that's like 6 months of hunting.

ImmaPotato

EcoWOLFrb said:
I will say this, I'm not currently selling my shinies, and apart from the 2 or 3 I was already selling previously, I'm not going to sell any of them, ever. The value of those pokemon, I believe, will not inflate faster than PWOs economy will deflate. I will not benefit financially from this update greatly, and I do not PVP that much, I'm mostly a collector, and when I do battle I don't feel that the difference in 4 or 5 ivs will be felt, so I'm not biased on the battling aspect that my pokes will be superior. Now that that has been said, I'm in favor of this update because it is good for the game, I have no ulterior motives, I'm not being driven by greed, and I'm not looking to screw over noobs. It is good for the game, that is all.

Please stop trying to make out the older players as evil demons who selfishly support this update to advance their status and wealth further. The range of players you're talking about who have tons of reserves of excess shinies to sell, contrary to what you believe, is not very wide, it is in fact a small group of people who frankly were well off before this update, and don't need the help. Not everything is a loaded gun pointed directly at newer players, and you shouldn't expect to be spoon fed when you cry.

i agree with the second part older players are not evil deamons or anything but by what logic can u even consider that 28+ IV shinies won't rise in price. imagine a year later, almost all shinies r 20+ with a S kingdra with 25+ spd. then u drop a 28+ IV S kingdra in there. do u really think that it'd go 1m like it goes now or even 6m like the better one's go for it'd be a rush and treated like a collector's item like the 32 IV shinies r treated now. and i don't even wanna think about the 32 IV pokemon

Stevie

What a lot of people don't realize is, that you don't NEED to find a shiny in order to have a pokemon with great IVs. All a shiny is intended to be is a trophy and if it happens to have great stats then it's just an added bonus.

pieoffury

I've been in PWO since early 2008, on my old account. I've seen things come and go. Back then, shinies had +20% bonus stats. They took it away, people raged, but got over it. They understood WHY it had to be done. It became 28-31 (32 if you're lucky) for quite some time, and now it was reduced to 20-31. People again are raging over it.

Everyone calm down and think for a moment. No matter what change the staff does, veteran players will be the ones who will be affected the most because of 3 reasons:
1. They're the most loyal people, who stayed with the game through the good and bad times (trust me, there were DARK days in PWO)
2. They have the most experience aka hours played in game and have put in the most effort in the game.
3. Changes happen from time to time, these players have gone through much more than any of the new players, and they've complained much more, but simply accepted the fact and COPED with the situation.

Staff members don't simply do things as they wish. They consult one another, consult players from the community, and decide on what's best for the improvement of the game. The game is still in BETA and more changes are to come. If you don't like the changes, then either cope with it or leave. Changes happen no matter what we do, it's how we deal with them that matters most.

Arnie

the stat change needed to happen for the good of the game, however im a perfectionist. i NEED perfect stat pokes.or else theyre worthless to me. infact just last night i caught a shiny magikarp and gave it away because it held 0 value to me. thats not being selfish thats just how i am. even on the handhelds i do the max IV cheat on any poke i catch (still hunt for correct nature of course) because perfect pokes are essential for battle . for all the people who say 2-3 ivs dont make a difference. try telling that to the people with 32 iv speed pokes. infact when the DraStic DS emulator for android releases its base for wifi conectivity ill be out of here.

ImmaPotato

ok guys let's not make this a veteran Vs new player thing this effects us ALL. so let's forget that and focus on the IV change when u reply.

thank you

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
Tell that to the newbies who lost their spoon with this update (even though there should have never been a spoon to begin with), they were the ones whp brought it up so it's only natural for the older players to defend themselves

pokearcanine

Completely agreed with this update,shinies werent supposed to be stronger than normal poke anyways,and 28-31 was just too powerful comparing to 0-31 normal pokes.I only have one question: Was the 32 IV chance removed ?

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
To be honest, I'm also sick of being grouped as a selfish person just because I've been here longer. I've been here consistently since 2009 and I have less expendable income than a lot of 1-2 year players. Why? Because I suck at haggling. Not everyone is the savvy businessman you make them out to be and not all of us sit in the trade channel finding good deals. Yes, I have many valuable pokemon, but I can't trade any of them because they're part of a collection, which is something I worked at for years. Guess what? It doesn't matter to me if my collection and the future pieces of my collection have lower IVs either. I also don't care if what I already have gets lowered IVs either, although I think there are better ways to help level the playing field.

You're worrying about and raging at a small, small minority of the population of wealthy who, honestly, have had their own days of wrath. Example, the Pokemoney tax when anyone who had $1mil+ lost 30% of their total wealth. There were people who lost a few hundred million with no compensation, compared to others who lost a few 10k or 100k.

Not everyone who is for this update necessarily benefits from it. I certainly won't, I don't have the money to buy the 28+ IV shinies that have now inflated to insane prices, and then try to sell a bunch of them later in a deflated market, hoping that their value spiked more than the economy lowered.

Honestly, stop being so desperate to find reasons against this that you drag others down with inaccurate accusations. Find actual reasons instead of yelling that old players are selfish and that a bunch of old players have hidden bunkers filled with shinies that they're waiting to take advantage of future players with.

Vet does not mean Rich! Vet does not mean business smart! And even if a vet is business smart and has a bit of pocket cash, it does not necessarily mean they can profit on this anyway!

knotzl02

Hey guys :)

I know this new update is very controversial. There are obviously good arguments on both sides. Although I don't like the new update myself, I can of course understand the other side as well. Let's just see where this leads to and what the long term effects will be.
We must not forget that the reason we all play this game is to have fun. So stop fighting. That old players vs. new players won't lead to anything. An objective discussion and useful feedback is of course welcome, but that raging and fighting won't really help.

Imo the only thing that really is very bad, is that staff didn't think it was important to inform the players BEFORE that change. It does affect MS a lot and many of us wouldn't have spent the tokes on it, but saved them for something else instead. That is why many of us feel in a way betrayed and not respected by some of the staff. I hope u can understand that and that in future this will not be the way the game is going to be.

Greets, knotz

MantileStyle

kaiser6tn said:
MantileStyle said:
Bluerise said:
Anyone is welcome to post their opinion MantileStyle.

i make the topic, but well sorry blue, i know things about him, but not came to the problem is talking here, please blue considering put back 28-31 ivs, or give the chance to recover the token or money i spend

Money you spent? If we wanna get technical, you donated so it's not like there was someone at your side who held you at gunpoint and forced you to donate. Tokens are just a way for staff to show players their appreciation for the donations because it's not like they have the obligation to give you anything in return, just like you only donate if you want to.

Since you don't seem to have a full grasp of the meaning of the word, I hope this image can help you with that

8FHTdLh.png

you are wrong, when you donate is the same as you buy, you spend money or sometim for the benefit you can get in pwo tokens, with tokens member that is the reason, nobody spend money in one game over get any benefit, that are the word more ignorant i read on this topic

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
Even when I gave myself the trouble of giving you the meaning of the word donate... *sighs* illiteracy is such a sad thing. Actually no, choosing to remain blind when given the chance to see is worse but if that's your choice, who am I to judge?

JD001

Youngster
j6dYaqA.png
- You donate to help the server and in return they thank you by allowing you to get a pokemon, the money goes to a greater good

Et8efbU.png
- You buy to get something that you really need and is fundamental. You buy food because you need it but you donate to an organization (non-profit like PWO) because that's what helps you play and keep the server alive and they are kind enough to give back (token pokemon).

That is all.