New update shiny ivs 20+

Arnie

Creobis said:
On the topic of Token Store shinies, do players feel as if their IVs would need reducing out of the proportionality between them and the in-game shinies, or another solution?

I'm still interested in collecting the variance of viewpoints that there are in response to the shiny change, but this change is bound to spawn more comparisons to the Token Store shinies; the discrepancy between the Token Store shiny IVs and in-game shinies has now been abridged, thus I'm curious to see how players feel Token Store and in-game shinies may compare.

id actually like to see token store shinies either nerfed to have between 1-31 ivs or removed from the store altogether. they have overinflated value based on a 1/20 chance and thats what isnt fair. this is supposed to be free to play but its definetely pay to win atm. i know this because i sell tokens for money just to keep up with some playerd. and that isnt right.

that being said this update is much needed. older players should have an advantage. ive been here for 6 years u damn right i want something over a player playing for a week or 2. it just needed to be coupled with a nerfing of the TS IVs aswell.

LunaticJames

Content maker
Graph showing IV's of all Shiny Pokemon caught (38 in total) since the update

ivgraph.png

Haunter

I.Am said:
Haunter said:
I say either keep the changes and "update" the old shinies so they fit the new rules (ivs will be randomized) or don't change anything at all. If u only apply the modification to the newgens, older players will have an unhealthy advantage over newer ones; it's normal for every mmo that the longer u play the more u have as u grind for many hours to achieve that, but in this case the advantage would be simply too high to be acceptable. If u modify the old shinies to have 20-31 IVs the negative impact of the update won't be that significant.

kaiser6tn said:
I'll give you an example of shiny pokemon with 32 ivs (which are no longer unobtainable), there are players who spent lots of cash on those so how do you think they would react if those same unique shinies had been changed to cater to the wishes of butthurt newbies? I wouldn't be surprised if most of them quit following that which would eventually lead to an even worse economy because like it or not, the economy is highly dependant of the richer players which usually are the players who spent a longer time playing the game, in case that's something you're oblivious to

Rich players love their 'old relic'. Better dont. :D

Yeah I can see the problem, but as I said, after the introduction of natures/EVs and convincing pvpers not to frown upon switching, it won't be that much of an issue anymore. Also if ppl aren't willing to make an effort and try to compromise, nothing's gonna change. And first of all, the changes should still be much more drastic in order to make the economy healthy, it may actually even have reached a point where it's impossible to fix it. The staff needs to monitor the situation continuously and modify the game gradually, smaller balance updates won't cause such as big mess as the current one have caused.

Zywa_Torpeda said:
Remind me Haunter, when did you last played this game for real? Get back where you came from devil! :)

It was before I found another game, where the changes that are happening now in pwo have already happened a long time ago, or weren't even needed :p

Zywa-Torpeda

Zywa_Torpeda said:
Remind me Haunter, when did you last played this game for real? Get back where you came from devil! :)

It was before I found another game, where the changes that are happening now in pwo have already happened a long time ago, or weren't even needed :p[/quote]

Haunter you were whining on PWO before it was even popular :p

GawertyXL

Being honest with this update, I can see the benefits and the problems.

With the changes in how the ivs are given for shiny pokemon, there won't be really op shinies everywhere, they will be worth more if they do get good ivs. this could bolster the economy for certain pokemon in a way.

The problem currently is, there are thousands of shinies with 28-31 iv's out there right now. they are sold cheap according to the pokemon, but will sell for a lot more once this update has been around for a while because of people who have been lucky enough to get one of those shinies will still have them to sell, they will be sold for a lot more and I personally don't agree with that.

I don't really have a stand point on this update as it stands.

Grchw

TrafalgarLaw said:
Just one thought, I think it is a little bit unfair for players who have bought a membership recetly, maybe because they wouldn't have bought it if they knew this was going to happen, so maybe it would have been better giving a 2 month notice on the change before doing it.

Staff members in this game just can't get that game is for players not for them. They almost never inform about or consult future changes, they just do. If players don't like it, it's their problem.

MantileStyle

grchw said:
TrafalgarLaw said:
Just one thought, I think it is a little bit unfair for players who have bought a membership recetly, maybe because they wouldn't have bought it if they knew this was going to happen, so maybe it would have been better giving a 2 month notice on the change before doing it.

Staff members in this game just can't get that game is for players not for them. They almost never inform about or consult future changes, they just do. If players don't like it, it's their problem.

you are wrong with that, i stand you point, but when you spend money for one reason in a game, they have the obligation of confult the people, if you think the people is who make the server works everyday, with her money, if nobody buy tokens the server crashed, for that the staff have the responsability of consult to his player, that happen in all games, like i say i play dota 2 too and when the people say is in disagreed with the changed valve is informed and make something for his people, im talking about valve is a giant to compraration of pwo, and they do that

Dovee

Youngster
This game is a beta, a lot of your dont realize that means anything can change at anytime. If you cant handle sudden big updates just quit until its out of beta =P.

filipy

I like, fundamental changes for the future of the game to consider several factors.

MantileStyle

Dovee said:
This game is a beta, a lot of your dont realize that means anything can change at anytime. If you cant handle sudden big updates just quit until its out of beta =P.

that is the reply from one of the most corrupt staff member, i know darkness secrets about you and you friend daniel, so shut up, you not are welcome in this topic, and say to one guy quit if you dont like the update is like say you only want falsity of the people who is agree witg you

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Anyone is welcome to post their opinion MantileStyle.

MantileStyle

Bluerise said:

i make the topic, but well sorry blue, i know things about him, but not came to the problem is talking here, please blue considering put back 28-31 ivs, or give the chance to recover the token or money i spend

PhantomsCV

Zywa_Torpeda said:
People are reading everything here, as it's the most controversial updates of all time, and everyone wants to have a word in this.

Of all time? NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
MantileStyle said:
Bluerise said:

i make the topic, but well sorry blue, i know things about him, but not came to the problem is talking here, please blue considering put back 28-31 ivs, or give the chance to recover the token or money i spend
We're reviewing feedback. By the way, it was 28-32 in IVs.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
MantileStyle said:
Bluerise said:

Money you spent? If we wanna get technical, you donated so it's not like there was someone at your side who held you at gunpoint and forced you to donate. Tokens are just a way for staff to show players their appreciation for the donations because it's not like they have the obligation to give you anything in return, just like you only donate if you want to.

Since you don't seem to have a full grasp of the meaning of the word, I hope this image can help you with that

8FHTdLh.png

PhantomsCV

I have read / glanced through the entire post and have gathered a lot about the current community and their thoughts about this change here are my two cents.

1. This is not the first time shiny numbers have changed. They were previously 20% stronger than a 31 IV poke. Ask an older player about shiny boost and the backlash of the community when that went away.
2. Many people are saying that this will ruin the economy. I don't think it will help it but ruin is an extremely strong word in this case. People will still be able to get 28+ IV pokes but it will be 30% of the time instead of 100% of the time so they will still be out there and in a few months to a year's time the economy will be fixed and stronger.
3. Many people have also said that this gives an unfair advantage to older players. You mean the players that have spent hundreds to even thousands of hours in game to get their current collection and they have better stuff because they've put the said those hours in. They should have an advantage and in my mind this will help the advantage even SHRINK.
4. Lowering the shiny rate from 1/8192 or 1/2048 to lower would hurt the economy more.
5. People who have donated have donated because they like the game. The staff does well in giving a boost to members and they do NOT have to. They call it a donation for a reason. If a simple drop in a few numbers is something that will make you leave, thank you staff.
6. As other people have said, this is a BETA game and will be for a while. Major changes without the consent of the players will happen. BUT I do understand that staff should have said something about this to players. They have recently been trying to be more open about the changes they have made and this kind of goes back to the old "we do what we want" mindset. I just want to see them be consistent in their changes. IF they want our opinions as BETA TESTERS it would overwhelmingly be helpful to inform us of changes before hand. I also understand that if they put a poll up of "Do you want shinys to be 20-32 or 28-32?" 28-32 would win with 75-95% of the votes because as players, we are selfish.
7. A lot of the people posting on this forum negatively have been playing for less than a year and I understand that this is a major change in your eyes but in the grand scheme of PWO, this is a minor change and will benefit YOU in the future.

I have been through this game a lot as a player / staff member / outside watcher since 2009. This is not move that has been talked about at lengths of when it will happen *not if but when*. 20-32 is a fine number and is better than 15/10/even 1-31 like the handhelds.

magnusx

from my poin of view is not ok because for example.... how much worth a S growlithe spd 28? around 10-15m? so what do u think about this one with spd 20-27? it will woth 6-8m? in the best of the case.... so for me it will be a big problem looking for a good S and after sell it.... cya ;D

Tjolf

PhantomsCV said:
I have read / glanced through the entire post and have gathered a lot about the current community and their thoughts about this change here are my two cents.

1. This is not the first time shiny numbers have changed. They were previously 20% stronger than a 31 IV poke. Ask an older player about shiny boost and the backlash of the community when that went away.
2. Many people are saying that this will ruin the economy. I don't think it will help it but ruin is an extremely strong word in this case. People will still be able to get 28+ IV pokes but it will be 30% of the time instead of 100% of the time so they will still be out there and in a few months to a year's time the economy will be fixed and stronger.
3. Many people have also said that this gives an unfair advantage to older players. You mean the players that have spent hundreds to even thousands of hours in game to get their current collection and they have better stuff because they've put the said those hours in. They should have an advantage and in my mind this will help the advantage even SHRINK.
4. Lowering the shiny rate from 1/8192 or 1/2048 to lower would hurt the economy more.
5. People who have donated have donated because they like the game. The staff does well in giving a boost to members and they do NOT have to. They call it a donation for a reason. If a simple drop in a few numbers is something that will make you leave, thank you staff.
6. As other people have said, this is a BETA game and will be for a while. Major changes without the consent of the players will happen. BUT I do understand that staff should have said something about this to players. They have recently been trying to be more open about the changes they have made and this kind of goes back to the old "we do what we want" mindset. I just want to see them be consistent in their changes. IF they want our opinions as BETA TESTERS it would overwhelmingly be helpful to inform us of changes before hand. I also understand that if they put a poll up of "Do you want shinys to be 20-32 or 28-32?" 28-32 would win with 75-95% of the votes because as players, we are selfish.
7. A lot of the people posting on this forum negatively have been playing for less than a year and I understand that this is a major change in your eyes but in the grand scheme of PWO, this is a minor change and will benefit YOU in the future.

I have been through this game a lot as a player / staff member / outside watcher since 2009. This is not move that has been talked about at lengths of when it will happen *not if but when*. 20-32 is a fine number and is better than 15/10/even 1-31 like the handhelds.

you made some good points, but:

2: im not a math genious, but as far as i can tell the 30% you are speaking of there is there is the chance for one specific stat ( for example speed) of the 6 stats to be between 28 and 31, not for all of the 6 stats to be between 28 and 31. the chance for all off the stats being between 28 and 31 at the same time would be roughly (0,3*0,3*0,3*0,3*0,3*0,3*100)% = 0.1% chance that a new found shiny has all 6 stats between 28 and 31. maybe someone with some better math knowledge could clarify.the chance to find a shiny that is on par with the old ones is still there for sure, though it is unrealistically small.
3: old players with a couple old shinies are definately at an advantage, no doubt there. the worth of every single one of their old shinies increased significantly over night. sure, they wont be finding any more shinies like those in the future ( at least not too many ---> point 2), but new players wont be finding them either, no matter how many hours/years they keep playing. they will never be able to get the same goodies that the old timers had access to and even got to keep.
6: absolutely, we are all beta testers. new players and old players alike. im betting that 90% of the oldtimers who go "stop whining, newbs" atm would go on the barricades if their old existing shinies got nerfed to fit the new shiny theme.

i personally will keep buying memberships in the future because i still like shinies and i like the xp boost that the membership grants, but i certainly see the injustice in this discussion between old players and new players.

Mastergam

Zywa_Torpeda said:
I.Am said:
Ops, i means stats. My bad. But lets see what will happen. I dont mind if this update continue. I will keep my 28-31 IVs shiny Pokes rotten in my PC then sell it later on.

Yes, thats the true. We (mature players) are going to make some money on even not too good (eg all 28 IVs pokes). But what then? What will you do if you'll catch eg S Staryu with all 20 IVs? It would be worse than a lot of regular ones...thats just nonsens.
I agree with you, many of which are supporting the change are thinking about today, that will profit and not the game itself, I see the long run when they have to pay lots of money for a decent poke, I repeat, get a S worthless is easy, we have thousands of them in circulation, more and actually usable? what% they represent 10%? 20%? 30%? I think the staff should be concerned with improving other much more important things than mecher in the system S, one of them would end this decoration adorns the moveset of battles, fixing all the moves to work, so each would have its own tactic of battles and give yes to worry about changing other things like maps, new pokemons and our S.
is what I think.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I will say this, I'm not currently selling my shinies, and apart from the 2 or 3 I was already selling previously, I'm not going to sell any of them, ever. The value of those pokemon, I believe, will not inflate faster than PWOs economy will deflate. I will not benefit financially from this update greatly, and I do not PVP that much, I'm mostly a collector, and when I do battle I don't feel that the difference in 4 or 5 ivs will be felt, so I'm not biased on the battling aspect that my pokes will be superior. Now that that has been said, I'm in favor of this update because it is good for the game, I have no ulterior motives, I'm not being driven by greed, and I'm not looking to screw over noobs. It is good for the game, that is all.

Please stop trying to make out the older players as evil demons who selfishly support this update to advance their status and wealth further. The range of players you're talking about who have tons of reserves of excess shinies to sell, contrary to what you believe, is not very wide, it is in fact a small group of people who frankly were well off before this update, and don't need the help. Not everything is a loaded gun pointed directly at newer players, and you shouldn't expect to be spoon fed when you cry.