HP Percentage Mode

BlackBloodz

New Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2012
Messages
889
Points
16
Don't know if this had been suggested before, but here it goes..
If it's possible, I feel like adding the HP Percentage for the pokemons during battles will be helpful in many ways, for example we would average a move how much it does on X pokemon. The bar alone isn't enough to, especially if a move does around half.

What I'm thinking of something like that, The HP bar and next to it the Percentage, starts off 100% and of course decreasing depending on the amount of damage made.
And in the left in the Move Report section, "Pokemon X used Flare Blitz" "It's super effective, did 75% damage!"
 

Grchw

New Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2011
Messages
81
Points
6
Wilds have different levels, different IVs so it wont be big help after all imo. I think amount of health points next to bar should be enough.
 

Killua-

New Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2014
Messages
149
Points
18
grchw said:
Wilds have different levels, different IVs so it wont be big help after all imo. I think amount of health points next to bar should be enough.
#True story ..
the percentage idea won't help at all​
 

Saric

Youngster
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Messages
1,714
Points
38
HP percentages would be great, but honestly it'd only really be overly useful in PvP.
 

BlackBloodz

New Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2012
Messages
889
Points
16
grchw said:
Wilds have different levels, different IVs so it wont be big help after all imo. I think amount of health points next to bar should be enough.
..Killua.. said:
grchw said:
Wilds have different levels, different IVs so it wont be big help after all imo. I think amount of health points next to bar should be enough.
#True story ..
the percentage idea won't help at all​
Both are the same really lol, but instead of calculating the damage, but both works the same.

Saric said:
HP percentages would be great, but honestly it'd only really be overly useful in PvP.
That's the point, that suggestion was made for PvP mainly, but it will help a bit vs Wild Pokes.
 

DarkCyrus

New Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2013
Messages
61
Points
6
Could be useful mainly for PvPs, though it could be useful for wild pokemon when catching em, that way we could know when its a 50% damage hit or a 49% , thats a great info to know
 

Julio~

Youngster
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
2,695
Points
38
Website
twitter.com
DarkCyrus said:
Could be useful mainly for PvPs, though it could be useful for wild pokemon when catching em, that way we could know when its a 50% damage hit or a 49% , thats a great info to know
Attacking Pokémon before capture does not help much, unless he is poisoned, burned or confused. Anyway I like the idea.
 

DarkCyrus

New Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2013
Messages
61
Points
6
julio2503 said:
DarkCyrus said:
Could be useful mainly for PvPs, though it could be useful for wild pokemon when catching em, that way we could know when its a 50% damage hit or a 49% , thats a great info to know
Attacking Pokémon before capture does not help much, unless he is poisoned, burned or confused. Anyway I like the idea.
i was told it does work attacking before catching if not then meh, btw come to xat nub (D)
 

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Joined
Oct 17, 2011
Messages
6,192
Points
38
DarkCyrus said:
julio2503 said:
DarkCyrus said:
Could be useful mainly for PvPs, though it could be useful for wild pokemon when catching em, that way we could know when its a 50% damage hit or a 49% , thats a great info to know
Attacking Pokémon before capture does not help much, unless he is poisoned, burned or confused. Anyway I like the idea.
i was told it does work attacking before catching if not then meh, btw come to xat nub (D)
Attacking pokemon before capturing does in fact increase the catch rate- both Base AND current HP effect it. For pokemon with very low catch rates the result can still vary by a lot of pokeballs in one catch, but mostly you'll find you do use a lot less pokeballs if you first lower their HP to below half.

I would also point out that if the reason you want this in PvP is to be sure that you've done 50% damage on the first strike so are assured that the second will faint the pokemon- this is not the case. Pokemon attacks do vary a small amount- just like in the handhelds, so in the above example you may still only do 49% damage with the second hit. Basically, whether you are using percentage or just a guess on how far the HP bar has been reduced, if it is a close thing it will always be a chance either way of getting the result you want.
 

Julio~

Youngster
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
2,695
Points
38
Website
twitter.com
DarkCyrus said:
julio2503 said:
DarkCyrus said:
Could be useful mainly for PvPs, though it could be useful for wild pokemon when catching em, that way we could know when its a 50% damage hit or a 49% , thats a great info to know
Attacking Pokémon before capture does not help much, unless he is poisoned, burned or confused. Anyway I like the idea.
i was told it does work attacking before catching if not then meh, btw come to xat nub (D)
Do I know you? LoL :p
 

Yahiamice

New Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2014
Messages
21
Points
1
Just saying,having colored hp bars according to percentages (yellow 25%-50%,red 0%-25%...) would be better and kinda more orientating.
But i'm supporting the idea of percentages when throwing an attack !
 

Zain

Youngster
Joined
Oct 9, 2011
Messages
3,271
Points
38
Yes Indeed , I agree that would be helpful for battling strategies , but then won't people go further into asking more statistics for Pokemon battling?
E.g Battle items , Power ups , IV/EVs damages etc
 
Top