HP Percentage Mode

BlackBloodz

Don't know if this had been suggested before, but here it goes..
If it's possible, I feel like adding the HP Percentage for the pokemons during battles will be helpful in many ways, for example we would average a move how much it does on X pokemon. The bar alone isn't enough to, especially if a move does around half.

What I'm thinking of something like that, The HP bar and next to it the Percentage, starts off 100% and of course decreasing depending on the amount of damage made.
And in the left in the Move Report section, "Pokemon X used Flare Blitz" "It's super effective, did 75% damage!"

Grchw

Wilds have different levels, different IVs so it wont be big help after all imo. I think amount of health points next to bar should be enough.

Killua-

grchw said:
Wilds have different levels, different IVs so it wont be big help after all imo. I think amount of health points next to bar should be enough.

#True story ..
the percentage idea won't help at all​

Saric

Youngster
HP percentages would be great, but honestly it'd only really be overly useful in PvP.

BlackBloodz

grchw said:
..Killua.. said:
grchw said:

#True story ..
the percentage idea won't help at all​

Both are the same really lol, but instead of calculating the damage, but both works the same.

Saric said:
HP percentages would be great, but honestly it'd only really be overly useful in PvP.

That's the point, that suggestion was made for PvP mainly, but it will help a bit vs Wild Pokes.

DarkCyrus

Could be useful mainly for PvPs, though it could be useful for wild pokemon when catching em, that way we could know when its a 50% damage hit or a 49% , thats a great info to know

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
DarkCyrus said:
Could be useful mainly for PvPs, though it could be useful for wild pokemon when catching em, that way we could know when its a 50% damage hit or a 49% , thats a great info to know

Attacking Pokémon before capture does not help much, unless he is poisoned, burned or confused. Anyway I like the idea.

DarkCyrus

julio2503 said:
DarkCyrus said:

Attacking Pokémon before capture does not help much, unless he is poisoned, burned or confused. Anyway I like the idea.

i was told it does work attacking before catching if not then meh, btw come to xat nub (D)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
DarkCyrus said:
julio2503 said:
DarkCyrus said:

i was told it does work attacking before catching if not then meh, btw come to xat nub (D)

Attacking pokemon before capturing does in fact increase the catch rate- both Base AND current HP effect it. For pokemon with very low catch rates the result can still vary by a lot of pokeballs in one catch, but mostly you'll find you do use a lot less pokeballs if you first lower their HP to below half.

I would also point out that if the reason you want this in PvP is to be sure that you've done 50% damage on the first strike so are assured that the second will faint the pokemon- this is not the case. Pokemon attacks do vary a small amount- just like in the handhelds, so in the above example you may still only do 49% damage with the second hit. Basically, whether you are using percentage or just a guess on how far the HP bar has been reduced, if it is a close thing it will always be a chance either way of getting the result you want.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
DarkCyrus said:
julio2503 said:
DarkCyrus said:

Do I know you? LoL :p

Yahiamice

Just saying,having colored hp bars according to percentages (yellow 25%-50%,red 0%-25%...) would be better and kinda more orientating.
But i'm supporting the idea of percentages when throwing an attack !

Zain

Youngster
Yes Indeed , I agree that would be helpful for battling strategies , but then won't people go further into asking more statistics for Pokemon battling?
E.g Battle items , Power ups , IV/EVs damages etc