Give us your feedback! March 24 Spider Woods Event.

Did you enjoy this event?

• I loved it, it was perfect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I liked it, but there were minor flaws.

• I liked it, but there were big flaws.

• I'm neutral/on the fence about it.

• I didn't like it (please post if you choose this)

• I didn't attend the event.

• I don't really care.

• None of the poll options fit my opinion (please post if you choose this)

• Total voters

DeZoLa

Youngster
even though ,i joined the event the game is still underdeveloped and it doesnt appeal me or other players as i noticed.

ohlssonpower

And as usual u people are here with your negativity and respectless comments and threads. Just stay in your other game if its so much better instead of being here spreading hate.

I liked the event, thought it was good focusing on hunting. Only downside in my opinion was that shellder was a bit too hard to find, think i actually found more corphish then shellders.

Froxt

The event was good. I could find a treecko within 3-4 hours of the event start.
But fishing pokemon weren't like they should be. Shellder were harder to find as a T2. And corphish, I hunted 10-12 hours for it but no see.

It could be better

shodan21

Youngster
1) Spawns. 
I thought the choices of spawns were pretty good, especially in the grass (the commons in the water were more of a nuisance), but as noted by several others, Corphish seemed unreasonably hard, especially given its tier listing - I personally found 47 Shellder (one of which broke the line and got away... probably a shiny :dodgy: ) before encountering the lobster.  I know shell was an easy T2 and the lobster a hard T3/T4, but that seems to be an unrealistically large disparity between the encounter rates.

2)Obtaining a voucher.
I liked the idea (don't remember where from, but not my original idea) of having to battle the NPC to get the voucher; maybe have a two-voucher event where one is free and the other requires winning a battle?  Something to make it a bit more than a simple "talk to x NPC" but not take away a whole lot of time from hunting.

3) Mini-events.
Most of the mini-events were pretty good; I didn't think the last one (catch the lowest IVs of certain pokes in a certain amount of time) was well thought out, since it was up to the players themselves to figure out which players should have won (the premise of awarding players who catch the worst pokes in a certain time wasn't a bad idea, though).

The-Joker

Rigaudon said:
The-Joker said:
was I spoke, with event 100 players in the max, without event 43 players the normal in the server... the game don't need event !!!!!

we need updates, new itens, new pwo !

just finished event and trade was empty http://prnt.sc/eov4n4

#WORKFORUS

Hi Joker. Thanks for posting!

We announced the event early because it was simple. It was so simple that we could promise when the event would come out. Players have asked us to announce early for a long time, and we are finally able to do that! We want to announce events early from now on. We did not announce the event early to create hype. It is just the right thing to do, and it is a good standard to have no matter what. I think this is something that will just be normal in the future.

But, I want to ask a question. I need to explain some things before I ask.

A normal event needs work from the scripters, DEVs, mappers, and an Admin. A normal event needs hours of testing, too.
We also think that normal events take too much time away from permanent updates that PWO needs. We want to work on Sevii and spawns, not events.

We decided to make a very small event that would only need one or two staff. Almost all of the staff can work on important updates if the event is small. I could have done this event by myself. The rest of the team could work on permanent updates that way. Small events let us prioritize permanent content.

To make an event that only needed one person, we had to use an old map, cut out the quest, and did not create move tutors. We thought this would be a realistic compromise.

I explained some things, and now I need to ask. You said the event was not big or fancy enough. But, then you said we should not put much effort into events! This is contradictory.
What do you prefer:
1) Very small events, but more work can happen on updates.
2) Larger events with new maps and quests, but less work can happen on updates.

In your post, your suggestions mean we would have to do both at once. We cannot do that right now, unfortunately. I will try to expand the next simple event, but it cannot be as big as what we had before.

Thanks for understanding. This is something I need to know, because I think others feel the same way as you.
Right now the plan is to do smaller things more often, instead of big things rarely.

Riga, I'll explain better.

I complained about the size of the event for being a time that could be used in respawns for dragons den for example, and because it was an event that brought us nothing new, so I think this time would be better spent on updates(Even if it is not ready at the same time as the event would be, but is an advance for a future update) that will stay in the game than on just two day events.

answering your question.

I do not prefer any type of event for the current moment of the game, I think the game better have more items, tutors and TM's ingame.

This would be more upgrades for battle tower and prize corner.

Many of the tutors who came in past events were not in the game, so the need to have more to stay fixed.

Thx Riga !

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
shodan21 said:
3) Mini-events.
Most of the mini-events were pretty good; I didn't think the last one (catch the lowest IVs of certain pokes in a certain amount of time) was well thought out, since it was up to the players themselves to figure out which players should have won (the premise of awarding players who catch the worst pokes in a certain time wasn't a bad idea, though).

I'm not a robot. :) It's in the players' best interest to make sure their lowest IV pokemon were displayed when they caught them and right after the end of the event was announced, which is what I asked for. And with dozens of players double checking that just shortened my work- I had to make sure that all presented pokemon were genuinely from the time of the mini event and not caught outside of that time. There was no point in me checking all the pokemon shown when you guys did that for me, saving me that much more time. I only had to check the ones which were flagged as the lowest.

NPCs can do all that automatically, we humans need more time. :)

If you have other ideas for mini events I'd love to hear them. The quizzes and this hunting event were just things I had in mind for this event to use up the allotment of rewards we were allowed to give out. The more variety and fun we can put into these mini events the better so throw some ideas at me.

PhazonHunter said:
3) Mini-events.
They were fun, I personally engaged in 2 off them and won some nice things too. I personally don't think that for the last event for example the 1000 tokens I won was a waste, because it's still something and it's just a small event anyway. But it could help to set general guidelines for these types of things in the event announcement like: ' We will be hosting mini-events x and y during the event as well, this will be the prize payout: 'xxxx'
No one can complain or feel bad about winning tokens for a mini event if they've been told so beforehand.

In future I will make sure to announce the prize at the start, thanks for this feedback. Unfortunately we don't have as many 'mini-events' in general as we would like, so the expectations of them having higher rewards could be based on major events more so. The obvious solution to this is to run more random mini-events outside of weekend and major events to get players more used to the reward system. Hopefully this can be arranged. :)

GuiiHenrique

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Come on...[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]It is good to see events happening sometimes in the PWO, but once again it was clear what I said in a previous topic, the PWO prioritizes the hunting and the collection (which for me would be good), but I believe that an event should Be thought of in the players in general, since for battlers, this one had nothing of interest. The presence of a tm or tutor was necessary and I also went against the way the voucher was distributed. I think a simple victory against an NPC would be an alternative and it would not be that simple. It is also worth remembering that dropping items from wild pokémons makes it possible to hunt and complete a quest at the same time, but I know that this generates more work and may delay certain staff priorities.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]As you can see, I'm not much of a fan of getting things done without a lot of work, the harder it is, the more value you'll get for your victory, so I'm in favor of the spawn mode that ended up delivering something new, which was not really So new this way. In my opinion, a spawn quick and easy, would not make it interesting and even lose its essence.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I also saw some players complaining about using a map from an earlier event. Come on guys, think about this theme "Back to Spider Woods" hehe. Well, this is not something that bothers me, incidentally, I believe this could be used more often. I do not think it makes much sense to waste time creating a map that will be used only once.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]With regard to the mini-events, the form used does not please me very much and I often prefer not to participate. But the PWO does not revolve around me and I know some people have fun with this kind of activity, so I think it's a good alternative for upcoming events.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Concluding: I believe that for a weekend event, it was a good event, but it failed to deliver a tm or something, and as I said earlier, the way the voucher was distributed did not please me. Overall, I will not choose a side, creating nonsensical criticism or saying good things but they did not really exist, because I think, and I want to believe, that this event was created with the fun of all players, be they collectors or battlers.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I prefer to see quick events like this, than long and well-crafted events, but in an outdated game and far from ideal. However I'm waiting for the event with my map (=[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Congratulations to the creators.[/font]

shodan21

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:
shodan21 said:
3) Mini-events.

I'm not a robot. :) It's in the players' best interest to make sure their lowest IV pokemon were displayed when they caught them and right after the end of the event was announced, which is what I asked for. And with dozens of players double checking that just shortened my work- I had to make sure that all presented pokemon were genuinely from the time of the mini event and not caught outside of that time. There was no point in me checking all the pokemon shown when you guys did that for me, saving me that much more time. I only had to check the ones which were flagged as the lowest.

NPCs can do all that automatically, we humans need more time. :)

If you have other ideas for mini events I'd love to hear them. The quizzes and this hunting event were just things I had in mind for this event to use up the allotment of rewards we were allowed to give out. The more variety and fun we can put into these mini events the better so throw some ideas at me.

Yeah, that makes sense, and to be sure a robot would handle that much better (unless the human that made the robot made a mistake there! :p ), but it still was rather jarring to see that it was up to the players to essentially judge the event they were partaking in, and it was rather chaotic with fifty people or whatever all trying to figure out whose was best (well, worst, as it were) in the All channel.  And once people stopped posting ones they caught prior to the mini-event start, there weren't a lot of eligible pokes posted, so it doesn't seem to me that it would have been hard for one person to record the entries.

(Side note: it would figure that the event included Shellder, and despite catching tons of them before the event, I only found one during the event... :dodgy: :rolleyes: )

Mumetufu

I was going to post something but I forgot what... Event was OK. It wasn't time absorbing with the story line so we could focus on hunting. Spawn idea was fine. 2 UC pokes seems right. Tier 3 and 4 ratio don't have to be different from the other places in game.The fact that they are catchable at the same place is good enough. Scyther, Pinsir and Heracross was perfect combination as a bug theme. Looking forward for more of those type of events (along with major updates :p). You can do similar with cuteness spawns: Jigglypuff, Clefable, Skitty + UC or ground Phanpy, Rhyhorn, Sudowoodo + UC. There are some possible combinations :p Bye.
Edit: I was talking with DNC sources and we suspect that Russians hacked Corphish ratio so it was tier 5 in reality :p

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
DeZoLa said:
even though ,i joined the event  the game is still underdeveloped and it doesnt appeal me or  other players  as i noticed.

WOW! What a very in depth and detailed analysis! Simply an amazing and well thought out descriptive statement. I'm sure the data the staff and we as players  can collect from such a complex response will prove invaluable for the creations of future events. :D
Congrats! You may have just saved PWO with your magnificent words of wisdom . You have our thanks. :)

Anyway, I loved the event and thought it was great or what it was meant for and Truly enjoyed it. I liked the spawns (despite bad luck), I loved the voucher being given away just for hunting, and I found the mini events very interesting. Thank you and the rest of the staff Riga for a job well done, I look forward to the next one. =)

Rigaudon

Youngster
Haha. As much as I appreciate the fervor, I don't want people to hold back their opinion even if it's unpopular or negative. As long as it's stated in a civil manner, it is fine. Jumping on others regardless of their statement is just going to mean people don't give us feedback on these topics in the future, and that's the opposite of what I'm wanting here.

We will definitely need to hear the good and bad in the next few months while we polish up these event types. Please don't discourage. I need to hear all narratives.

If somebody has a good point and we can go in that direction, we'll try to do it. No more, no less.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I agree, negative opinions are always of good use, but only if there are specific reasons for the dissatisfaction. People simply posting "I hate the event because I hated it" provides very little input and does nothing to help polish the next event because it provides no outline to fix key problem areas.

Aiacos.

Guys, the game needs to change, not to play with 60 online, as long as there is no update and to end certain things that only exist here the game will become weak so, unfortunately for players who have no knowledge of pokemon still vote that the Event was good. No quest, no new map, and how perfect? Stop thinking that shiny is Bruna Marquezine, the game is dying. Trade empty, at most 70 people on, what is grace? Needs changes.

Rigaudon

Youngster
So, after chatting with people ingame and reading feedback here, it seems that there are mostly three camps of thought:

The 1st doesn't like there being events at all and doesn't consider even the smaller events worth staff effort.
The 2nd prefers the less frequent but larger events; if we're going to do them, go big.
The 3rd really likes these simple events and found the "come and hunt" format relaxing.

The event was well received overall, but most people had 1-2 reasonable concerns/frustrations that are mostly minor (read: easily adjusted with little drawback or labor required). As such, I'll consider this a success but not a standard I'll personally want to keep for long-term.

With this in mind, I've come to the following conclusion:

For camp 1) I continue doing small events with Pippin/by myself, excluding Guii's event map since we've already been working on that one for a while with a scripter. In exchange, I should do a few less mini-events on a personal level, but staff with free time will still be welcome to do them at their own pace.

This will require minimal content staff effort, and only once a month. It will not cause delays on its own. These shouldn't take a ton of effort for me, and the rest of content staff are not going to get their hands dirty. Ironically what took up most of my time was the mini-events. We can't cut out events entirely right now; others who posted earlier about "breaking up the grind" and "getting together as a community for a few days" are correct in their assessment. I don't want to do events to get players - I want to do these to bring current players together and mix things up a bit, even if it is only in a small way. If it comes down to having to choose between events and perma content, I will pick perma content. Unless I find that to be necessary, I'll continue trying with this smaller/more simple event format.

For camps 2 and 3) I continue giving people something small for showing up, while also offering a "main mini quest" for the voucher that we can introduce into the small event format with minor effort. This means expanding these things bit by bit, as long as it doesn't take up too much time to create and set up.

*) I've noticed people generally *liked* the spawns unless they were vets and already had a lot of things in the game/have been there done that. I can't do anything about that particular situation currently. Releasing new goodies all the time to appease people is a crutch. A reliance on it not only indicates bad design but could create problems in the future by devaluing future event/update impact for everyone in return for a temporary thrill; you don't need me to point out that this is a bad trade to make. However, I can keep in mind that people generally were slightly annoyed with the water spawns. Pippin and I will try nudging spawns a bit until they're at a better place/not frustrating. As such we'll be keeping up with future feedback topics/etc until we find that these smaller events appear to be in a reasonable spot for the time being.

*) We will continue trying to announce these event types in advance. I think part of the problem was that the playerbase isn't used to advance notice and this created more hype than staff were expecting. This will just be normal in the future, hopefully, meaning it will fix it self rather quickly.

*) I know a few older players were irritated with the re-use of an old map, but we MUST keep them if we are to keep the manpower required for these events low. They are perfectly good assets. We may host more map contests in the future, but Guii's will be the last player-made map that we will attempt to make a traditional custom story/quest/etc for. Well, for the time being, anyway.

As usual, no promises, but I think that should be something reasonable to aim for.

Isguros

Youngster
[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]Spawns: 7.4/10[/font][font=Tahoma, sans-serif]
Treecko was one of the few starters left which hadn’t been catchable in an event yet, and Corphish’s last appearance was in November 2014, so those were some pretty solid choices. Overall I think the grass spawns were a bit too stacked on top (on paper, haven’t hunted in the grass long enough to see) with five POI (Pokemon of interest), especially if you’d compare it to the water spawns where only two Pokemon were worth catching, though I do understand that can’t always have diverse water spawns due to water being a constant factor in most events and maps in general. Finally I believe the event would have benefited from it, if Shellder was removed from the fishing spawns, or at least replaced by a less sought after Pokemon. This would balance them out more evenly in my opinion: one method where it’s easier to find Corphish, and one with Shellder. Still, this event had some interesting and refreshing spawns.

Obtaining a voucher: 6.7/10
I’m not against the idea of distributing a voucher this way, nor would I’ve been scared away if it required a bit of item gathering. I’ve seen a couple of people suggesting an NPC battle over here, but I’m not so sure whether that idea can be equally challenging/fun for everyone regardless of the amount of badges/experience they have. The only “major” flaw here was that the NPC that handed out the voucher wasn’t exactly on the beaten path or so to speak, and the only mention of a voucher being part of the event was what could’ve been described as a hopeful prayer in the topic from a week earlier.

Mini-events: 6.1/10
There’s a saying in my country that perfectly describes my participation in these mini-events. It roughly translates to ‘rather lazy than tired’. Though my participation might have been limited, it was quite noticeable that some were carefully planned while others were just a spur-of-the-moment decision. To start with the latter one; I know it’s impolite to look a gift horse in the mouth, but unless you haven’t acquired a Soothe Bell by completing the Tin Tower Quest (and don’t intend to do so), or are in dire need of a name change, there isn’t that much available in the Token Store for the amount of tokens in question. A suggestion could be to stock the Token Store with items previously only available as drop items or in the Battle Tower (Dragon Scale and Dawn Stone are great examples of that being the case already), but that seems to be a topic for another place and time[/font]

[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]P.S: Who the heck even wants to buy an evolution stone for 150tk (about 100k in-game money) when it’s just 2100 PokeBucks in the Dept. Stores?[/font][font=Tahoma, sans-serif]

Something else
Let’s begin with an easy one (for me to talk about in a calm manner that is); the teleporter. More than half of the players probably wouldn’t even notice it was there, but a certain NPC was unwilling to grant access to Kanto to anyone that appeared to have originated from other parts of the Pokemon world. Even though you had a legitimate reason to be in Kanto, as long as there was a J on your passport you were deported immediately. All fun and games aside, this caused some light irritation for some of us. An option to stay in the region (if you have the required badges) would be appreciated.[/font]

[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]Now for the big one, are you ready?[/font]
[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]My next sentence is going to be the start of the biggest issue I had with the event[/font]
[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]*cough*[/font]
[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]Are you sure you’re ready? It’s a doozy.[/font]

[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]The ending. Come Sunday most players were occupied with catching either a Treecko or a Corphish (or both), and obviously wondering how many time they had left to do so because there hadn’t been any updates since the start of the event. Every time someone would ask when the event would end, the reply would either be a validation that ‘we’ - the players – didn’t know, the advice to keep an eye out for updates on the Forums or Twitter, or an assumption. Even staff members in attendance gave us their best impression of a Glomar response which, at the time, I mistook for a genuine lack of information. Later that evening, when most of the self-made Mayan calendars had already ended, and Dies irae still hadn’t reached us yet, a brave player channeled their inner Jeanne d’Arc to tell us the divine words: “A GM will soon tell us when the event is going to end”, and so it went. Within seconds an angel was send down to inform us that God’s wrath was coming and it’d be there faster than your average pizza delivery; 10 minutes later everything was gone. The angel then cheerfully proclaimed that it was common knowledge that all weekends end on Sunday night.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]Okay, okay. It went a bit crazy there at the end (I did warn you), but that shouldn’t have altered the message it bore. Prior to this event people were excited to announce it on schedule. Even most of the before mentioned mini-events were announced half an hour beforehand (in-game). Yet the excitement ended at the end. Why did this happen is what I want to know.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]With all this being said; I had a fun weekend.  :) [/font]

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Isguros said:
There’s a saying in my country that perfectly describes my participation in these mini-events. It roughly translates to ‘rather lazy than tired’. Though my participation might have been limited, it was quite noticeable that some were carefully planned while others were just a spur-of-the-moment decision. To start with the latter one; I know it’s impolite to look a gift horse in the mouth, but unless you haven’t acquired a Soothe Bell by completing the Tin Tower Quest (and don’t intend to do so), or are in dire need of a name change, there isn’t that much available in the Token Store for the amount of tokens in question. A suggestion could be to stock the Token Store with items previously only available as drop items or in the Battle Tower (Dragon Scale and Dawn Stone are great examples of that being the case already), but that seems to be a topic for another place and time[/font][/size][/color]
[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]P.S: Who the heck even wants to buy an evolution stone for 150tk (about 100k in-game money) when it’s just 2100 PokeBucks in the Dept. Stores?[/font][size=small][font=Tahoma, sans-serif]

So you think that tokens are completely useless in those amounts? 1000/750/250 as 1st/2nd/3rd place prizes?

Would any amounts that would be appropriate for such a short event be worthwhile to use as prizes?

Do others agree with this? Or are there those who would appreciate tokens as a reward, even in these amounts?

My thought by the way is that players use tokens and also buy and sell tokens. So even if you don't use the tokens right away they may be useful at another time, and those who don't want them at all could always sell them - the same as if I'd given random TMs that they personally would never use. It was hardly done without forethought nor is it over and done for me as I would like to do more mini events outside the weekend events. All the prizes won't excite everyone but if this particular reward is absolutely useless then there is of course no point using it again.

Rigaudon

Youngster
Why did this happen is what I want to know.

No problem. I had a lot of work stacked up on Sunday from me opening the event on Friday. I gave a 3 hour warning (still too short imo) in the staff chat and then had to immediately go back to work to meet deadline. I'm unsure why this wasn't communicated to the players, I'm going to assume it was a Bystander Effect in action/some sort of miscommunication.

Next time I will probably include a tentative deadline-by-day estimate along with the opening date. We didn't do this initially because the plan was to extend the event if anything horrible happened, but in hindsight it would have been better to just add the disclaimer up there initially anyway.

I've actually written down a checklist in the future for this stuff, so hopefully it will go better next time.
Honestly rest of your feedback is really solid. Thanks for the input.

PhazonHunter

HitmonFonty said:
Isguros said:
There’s a saying in my country that perfectly describes my participation in these mini-events. It roughly translates to ‘rather lazy than tired’. Though my participation might have been limited, it was quite noticeable that some were carefully planned while others were just a spur-of-the-moment decision. To start with the latter one; I know it’s impolite to look a gift horse in the mouth, but unless you haven’t acquired a Soothe Bell by completing the Tin Tower Quest (and don’t intend to do so), or are in dire need of a name change, there isn’t that much available in the Token Store for the amount of tokens in question. A suggestion could be to stock the Token Store with items previously only available as drop items or in the Battle Tower (Dragon Scale and Dawn Stone are great examples of that being the case already), but that seems to be a topic for another place and time[/font][/size][/color]
[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]P.S: Who the heck even wants to buy an evolution stone for 150tk (about 100k in-game money) when it’s just 2100 PokeBucks in the Dept. Stores?[/font][size=small][font=Tahoma, sans-serif]

So you think that tokens are completely useless in those amounts? 1000/750/250 as 1st/2nd/3rd place prizes?

Would any amounts that would be appropriate for such a short event be worthwhile to use as prizes?

Do others agree with this? Or are there those who would appreciate tokens as a reward, even in these amounts?

My thought by the way is that players use tokens and also buy and sell tokens. So even if you don't use the tokens right away they may be useful at another time, and those who don't want them at all could always sell them - the same as if I'd given random TMs that they personally would never use. It was hardly done without forethought nor is it over and done for me as I would like to do more mini events outside the weekend events. All the prizes won't excite everyone but if this particular reward is absolutely useless then there is of course no point using it again.

Wouldn't say it's useless, but the scenarios are pretty specific. I can use the tokens because I was looking for a stone to evolve my Miss-DryFish, but other than that, Metal Coat and Dragon Scale, I'd say there's no point in having 1000 tokens, so it would be kinda sad if a player would win this that wasn't looking to buy any of those items and doesn't have or want to buy more tokens.

Those who don't want them at all can't really sell them either though because you need more tokens to sell them, as you can only 'sell them' through getting a store buy people want, and there pretty much are none at this value.

So I'd say in general, TMs or random pokes would be more appreciated by most players, because it's easier to sell/trade them off if people don't want them, and they have wider use scenarios if people do use them.

Plus as a personal thing, I'd say getting a poke (might not even have to be rare, could just be a T3-4 randomly generated one, or one of the UC event pokes) from mini events with lots of participants, like the hunt one at the end, is way more memorable for the winning player(s) than tokens. You will always remember how you got that poke, and that's a positive/good experience.

hejazia

1) Spawns. 
The choices for UC were good, but I think there were too many desirable Pokemon in grass (Growlithe, Scyther, Heracross, Pinsir, Treecko) compared to the 2 in water.  I think removing 1 grass Pokemon and keeping the UC poke would be an improvement.  Maybe take out 1 of the T3's so it's one desirable Pokemon in each grass tier?  

2)Obtaining a voucher.
I thought that there would be a quest or an NPC battle so I brought a team of 100s before I talked to the Event Guy, only to find out that was not the case.  I thought 1 voucher was a bit low since it was first event in a long time. The mini-events that took place made up for this though, so good job there.

3) Mini-events.
I think distributing a few rare TMs as prizes was a great idea.  Hide-and-seek and trivia were also interesting.  The mini-event where you had to get lowest IV Shellder/Heracross was a bit lacking in terms of execution.  I don't mind the 1000/500/250 token prize, that seemed reasonable for a 20-30 minute mini-event.  I saw it as a small compensation for catching a Pokemon that you would end up having to release anyway.  I think that the event would be improved if we just had to hunt for 1 Pokemon for 30 minutes.  Many people chose T2 Shellder over T3 Heracross because it was easier.  I think staff should make the choice for us in this case because to me it didn't seem like Shellder was same rarity as Heracross, which might have been a bit unfair to the people who chose to hunt Heracross (Plus Heracross was 1 of 2 grass T3 spawns whereas Shellder was the only T2 water spawn).  I might be wrong, because I don't know the actual spawn rate.  But based on how many people found 20+ Shellder and only a handful of Heracross, it seems like they aren't the same spawn rate.

pikafan25

Firstly voucher, it was was refreshing being able to just pick it up and go straight to hunting, so I would prefer it stayed the same for future weekend events.

The mini events were nice and i enjoyed them, it was a nice way to get a couple of extra prizes and i would like to see them again in the future

As for the spawns, I enjoyed the pokemon that were spawned however I had an incredibly hard time trying to find the token store pokes and infact, only managed to find treeko in the last 10 minutes of the event after 30+ hours of hunting, so I think for future weekend events the pokemon should be easier to find, I know some people found upwards of 5 of the token store pokes and some people found none and I believe this gap needs to be closed. I think changing it to a slightly easier tier 4 would be enough to do the job and perhaps some of the tier 5 pokes ingame could be made as hard tier 3s it would be nice as if the people who don't manage to catch any/many of the token store poke the would still be able to catch a few rare pokes to make it easier to find ones with good ivs.

As for the anything else part, I don't think the event lasted long enough. this 'weekend' event only lasted for a 'weekend' on a few timezones. As an example most 'weekend' events on other games usually last from a friday morning to a monday midday, it would be a lot better if you extended the event in such a manner to give more people a chance to hunt pokes from different timezones and also to give the people who have jobs/school more time to hunt the pokes it would also be nice.

but otherwise it was a great event and I had a lot of fun and hope to see more of these events in the future. perhaps once every 6 weeks or once a month for 2 months and then a month break? or something along those lines, and maybe drop a couple of the other smaller events from smaller holidays that you usually do such as valentines april fools thanksgiving etc to give more development time to these weekend events and just keep the big events for easter haloween and christmas