Give us your feedback! March 24 Spider Woods Event.

Did you enjoy this event?

• I loved it, it was perfect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I liked it, but there were minor flaws.

• I liked it, but there were big flaws.

• I'm neutral/on the fence about it.

• I didn't like it (please post if you choose this)

• I didn't attend the event.

• I don't really care.

• None of the poll options fit my opinion (please post if you choose this)

• Total voters

Rigaudon

Youngster
This was a much more simple event than in the past, which allowed us to announce it days in advance.

Please let us know what you thought about the following things:

1) Spawns. 
Were the spawn choices suitable? Were the rarities ok for an event that lasts a weekend?

2)Obtaining a voucher.
We plan on making a repeatable quest for future installments. But, was it refreshing to not have to grind, or would you
rather it go away completely?

3) Mini-events.
Staff hosted manual mini-events. Hide and Seek, Trivia and a few "Reach me first" mini-events made their appearance.
Do you think these were a good addition? Do you have any comments?

4) Anything else?
Leave a post below. We can't promise to act on everything here, but we will try to make the next event even better.

Thanks for joining us, guys. See you next month.

ProfessorCarrieOak

I love bugs and ucs so spawns were great in my opinion, also loved the mini-events :) Regarding rarities, I thought Corphish was a t5 not a t3/4, it was really hard to find and actually I was really lucky it was the first poke I fished in the event but afterwards, I believe I gained 3 fishing levels and couldn't find it again. Also couldn't encounter shellders on the last day, not even one.
Not having a quest for obtaining the voucher was perfect cause it was a short event so we had time to hunt not having to bother with quests.
Thank you for this refreshing weekend event, it was really fun!

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
well this is gonna be tooo long first of all i loved this event ( the spawns and everything else exepct the lags -_-) second i am gonna talk about the rare spawns : do you think growlithe is a bug type or grass type cause i got confused first time i saw it in the list it could be better to remplace belossom or any other thing and if you may want to say growlithe to kill bugs lol i would say it would be better that you put swellow in event this way it would fit the theme also i like the mini events even i didn't won anything =) and finally for the last mini event that made by fonty it would be better to do that type of mini events in the start of events for example first 3 get t4 or t5 poke no matter what are the iv's :) and again ty all for the event it make manyyyy old faces come back
waiting for another mini event =D

ginto

In my opinion it is no use putting pokes with the same tier that already has in the game should reduce the rarities like pinsir and heracross and shellder should be easier

Texugo.

ginto said:
In my opinion it is no use putting pokes with the same tier that already has in the game should reduce the rarities like pinsir and heracross and shellder should be easier

totally agree lol. They put the poke with the same tiers that they already are in other maps. Summary: The whole event was to win 1 voucher and hunt treecko and corphish, since scyther and shellder are easier to find on their maps than on the event map

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
[Glow=#9932CC]I honestly lost count of the number of times I heard people say in local chat, "(Tier 3 Pokémon) is really Tier 5" or suchlike while I was hanging around the event map...[/Glow]

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
Jinji said:
[Glow=#9932CC]I honestly lost count of the number of times I heard people say in local chat, "(Tier 3 Pokémon) is really Tier 5" or suchlike while I was hanging around the event map...[/Glow]

well tbh for t3 poke's it was little hard especially corpish fishing

The-Joker

i really don't like.

my first impression is the staff thinks will attract players back with "events".. by the way this "event" was announced one week... the staff never announced like this....

well, this event did not bring us anything new....

1) map old
2) no quest
3) no TM's new (hide and seek for TM rest, U-turn and protect don't is cool !!!!!)
4) no Held itens
5) no tutors

we need updates for the game:

1) Natures and second/hide abilities
2) more held itens
3) more tutors ingames
4) All respawns complete...

pls riga, don't loss ur time with events like this, work for the complete ur respawnables, the game need this.

the game is in ruins, don't attract 150 players in the same time... The competition has all itens in game, a lot of tutors, itens, is gen 6... and pwo is deading because ur staff don't bring nothing new.....

thanks for ur work and patience riga.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
just like i said in help channel this map is old for you and since a lot of you already quit the game is time for new players to play in it don't be selfish -_-

The-Joker

was I spoke, with event 100 players in the max, without event 43 players the normal in the server... the game don't need event !!!!!

we need updates, new itens, new pwo !

just finished event and trade was empty http://prnt.sc/eov4n4

#WORKFORUS

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
so if trade is clean this means everyone have the poke's he love ( since ther's no LF something) :) also this game get betrayed by manyyyyyyyyyyyyyy old players and you know that a lot of new players joined the game lately ( ther's sometime when ther's only 5 or 6 players online ) and now 43 that's good progress but i may agree with you about the updates cause after we done every quest and get all badges and get every pokemon we want we just get sooo borred also ther's omething you don't know about it that the staff was making some works while the event is on so this event was to help them to not get disturbed and we all have faith in them to make the game developpe :)

Kingstone

1 - I was not particularly lucky with the spawns, I think they could be a bit better, but besides that, we could have some different pokemons. (Example volbeat).
2- I liked the way to get a voucher, so we could focus on the hunt.
3- Good idea of the mini events, but we could have better prizes (example Tm 10, 10 Days of Ms.)
4-We need some news, Natures / Sevii island for example.
Good luck to everyone involved.

The-Joker

ahmed1 said:
so if trade is clean this means everyone have the poke's he love ( since ther's no LF something) :) also this game get betrayed by manyyyyyyyyyyyyyy old players and you know that a lot of new players joined the game lately ( ther's sometime when ther's only 5 or 6 players online ) and now 43 that's good progress  but i may agree with you about the updates cause after we done every quest and get all badges and get every pokemon we want we just get sooo borred also ther's omething you don't know about it that the staff was making some works while  the event is on so this event was to help them to not get disturbed and we all have faith in them to make the game developpe :)

I do not really care about your opinion or what you have to say, i don't spoke with u.

It's because of players like you who leave the game like that... 44 on, the event saved our lifes ! 

tomorrow will be 20 on, and a patetic swam for thats 20 players, on a monday in the afternoon...

You did not deserve a response. bye.

Rigaudon

Youngster
The-Joker said:
was I spoke, with event 100 players in the max, without event 43 players the normal in the server... the game don't need event !!!!!

#WORKFORUS

Hi Joker. Thanks for posting!

We announced the event early because it was simple. It was so simple that we could promise when the event would come out. Players have asked us to announce early for a long time, and we are finally able to do that! We want to announce events early from now on. We did not announce the event early to create hype. It is just the right thing to do, and it is a good standard to have no matter what. I think this is something that will just be normal in the future.

But, I want to ask a question. I need to explain some things before I ask.

A normal event needs work from the scripters, DEVs, mappers, and an Admin. A normal event needs hours of testing, too.
We also think that normal events take too much time away from permanent updates that PWO needs. We want to work on Sevii and spawns, not events.

We decided to make a very small event that would only need one or two staff. Almost all of the staff can work on important updates if the event is small. I could have done this event by myself. The rest of the team could work on permanent updates that way. Small events let us prioritize permanent content.

To make an event that only needed one person, we had to use an old map, cut out the quest, and did not create move tutors. We thought this would be a realistic compromise.

I explained some things, and now I need to ask. You said the event was not big or fancy enough. But, then you said we should not put much effort into events! This is contradictory.
What do you prefer:
1) Very small events, but more work can happen on updates.
2) Larger events with new maps and quests, but less work can happen on updates.

In your post, your suggestions mean we would have to do both at once. We cannot do that right now, unfortunately. I will try to expand the next simple event, but it cannot be as big as what we had before.

Thanks for understanding. This is something I need to know, because I think others feel the same way as you.
Right now the plan is to do smaller things more often, instead of big things rarely.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
ahmed1 said:
 and finally for the last mini event that made by fonty it would be better to do that type of mini events in the start of events for example first 3 get t4 or t5 poke no matter what are the iv's :)

What you are suggesting goes beyond being a mini event I think. To keep track of two pokemon caught in a 20 minute timeframe isn't that difficult, but over the whole weekend would be far more time-consuming. It's the kind of thing we'd usually make an NPC to monitor, which would make it a quest NPC and would therefore need a GE to create, adding complexity to these events. This is the kind of thing that has kept us from making the amount of weekend events we have wanted to in the past. We need to keep it more simple and as much as possible something we can run without using perma content staff.

So my idea was just to give a final little 20 minute hunting quest that wouldn't interrupt your event too much but would hopefully add a bit of fun and reward those lucky enough to find the pokemon that would win it. I chose low IVs because those who got the highest IVs would already have a reward, this was just something extra for those who didn't find the great ones.

filipy

Rigaudon said:
I explained some things, and now I need to ask. You said the event was not big or fancy enough. But, then you said we should not put much effort into events! This is contradictory.
What do you prefer:
1) Very small events, but more work can happen on updates.
2) Larger events with new maps and quests, but less work can happen on updates.

In your post, your suggestions mean we would have to do both at once. We cannot do that right now, unfortunately. I will try to expand the next simple event, but it cannot be as big as what we had before.

I think what he meant was that regardless of the events the game is dying by little, so instead of doing events like this it would be better to stop for a while and release important updates to the game, which I fully agree.

So, my opnion about  event:

1- Spawns were little more difficult than due, considering that the event lasted only 3 days ,but nothing much off the axis.
I liked the variety in the grass but not the variety in the water, could at least put different stuff in fish and surf.

2-Very easy, had no challenge, I prefer quest even if it is small, maybe some puzzle game (?).

3-Mini-events were a good idea, maybe something a little more creative next time but i like it.

4-About the question of the map, I saw in the forum and we have many creative players here, why not make a contest for simple events like that, with no  quest only one or two small maps.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
filipy said:
I think what he meant was that regardless of the events the game is dying by little, so instead of doing events like this it would be better to stop for a while and release important updates to the game, which I fully agree.

This is exactly what we have done. Perma content staff were not involved in making this event and that's why there were no quests involved, just mini events non content staff could run independently.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
The-Joker said:

#WORKFORUS
Events are very important in my opinion. They could add Sevii and Hoenn and update all they want but if that's all they did it would be the same case as now once those new maps were beat and the "newness" of the updates and items wore off. A single event isn't supposed to be a long term solution, its supposed to be a short term solution to offer a change in the everyday grind of the common game play. Events on this game are just like a holiday, it's a time for players to relax and have fun and enjoy it while it lasts before the normal day to day game play returns.

I personally enjoyed the event, I had horrible luck, catching nothing worth while but a shiny spinarak, but I enjoyed spending time with my friends and I enjoyed the change of scenery for a map that besides older players, very few have ever seen. Yes for some that have been here a while the thrill of events may be no existent as they continue to look at the small picture of "New Map! New Update! New Pokemon!" New is temporary, new becomes old sooner than later.  Yes new content may be all that most think about and may be what most consider the only important thing about PWO, but its events, no matter how minor, that creates the spark that ignites the flames of enjoyment for "bored" players. Maps and updates extend the game, but events keep the game alive. If they can have small events like this every couple of months, I'd be perfectly fine with that until they find time to add the new maps and content.

PhazonHunter

1) Spawns. 
Spawn choices were fine, though I would've liked more diversity (even in lower tiers with non-rare pokes, it's just more fun that way, and also you don't get an overload of just 2 types of shinies into the game that way).
The rarity was ok for 2 UCs, though for a weekend event this is tricky. Many people don't have that much time in any random weekend. It's fine to make a rare spawn that requires 10+ hours to get one, but then there needs to be a spawn that makes it worthwhile even if you don't get that. Heracross served this purpose a little, but I would've like more rare or UC pokes that are in between the super lucky/ farming a lot and do-able in 3-4 hours tiers.
Even if you make a UC T3 or a little more attainable than Treecko was this event, people will still be rewarded for farming a lot because they have a better chance to find good IV ones if they want them.

2)Obtaining a voucher.
Having a ' you attended the event here you go' reward is great from a design standpoint. You could argue about wether that should be the voucher or something else (a tm, or even a poke) but it's pretty good this way. A small quest would be fine too, a grind not really, at least not for the attendance-style reward.

3) Mini-events.
They were fun, I personally engaged in 2 off them and won some nice things too. I personally don't think that for the last event for example the 1000 tokens I won was a waste, because it's still something and it's just a small event anyway. But it could help to set general guidelines for these types of things in the event announcement like: ' We will be hosting mini-events x and y during the event as well, this will be the prize payout: 'xxxx'
No one can complain or feel bad about winning tokens for a mini event if they've been told so beforehand.

4) Anything else?
Move-tutors are awesome, might think about adding one to mini events. Even if it's  just a 'rotating' style one, where you code a couple of options and just cycle through those guys for every mini event.
Map re-usage is fine, it's smart, many players haven't seen these maps to begin with anyway, or at least not played on them, and the map looks fine and it saves time.

Saric

Youngster
As always, thank you for the effort put into this event.

1). Spawns
I thought the spawns were fine. I know some others had some gripes about it, but all in all they were some good choices. Made sense to be in a forest full of spiders (except maybe growlithe...). I liked the idea of lowering the tiers of already rare pokemon (scyther, hera, pinsir) and putting them in. The treecko was a nice bonus as well. I know I and some others have griped about treecko, some people never even got it during the short weekend event. I got maybe 6-10 tier 3s during the event (pinsir and heracross) and only one treecko, so the odds do seem a little bit off here.

2). Obtaining a voucher
I liked the idea of just talking to the npc and getting a voucher. No quest involved, no getting X amount of item from drops, etc. It allowed for more time hunting and less time worrying about getting a voucher. However, given the gap between the last event and this one, maybe 1 voucher is a little bit low here.

3). Mini-events
I found them to be a lot of fun. All were fairly engaging, and there was some pretty good prizes for a short mini event during a weekend event. A few others complained about the last mini-event with just some tokens, but honestly all you had to do was catch pokemon which is what you were already doing anyway, so there's really no room for any complaints here.

4). Anything else?
As it has been noted elsewhere here, move tutors would be a cool addition, even if it's just a previously used one. As phazon suggested, just rotating out a handful of tutors for these mini weekend events would be a nice addition. Using the holodeck is a nice choice for these as all the maps are already there, the spawns are pretty easy to come up with generally, and there's less work involved to get it running.

All in all I agree with Fonty's (and probably Rig's) stance here of doing these mini-events so the permanent content staff can work on...permanent content. Some will gripe as always that the events aren't as grand as the major events that happen throughout the year, but it's still a good time to be had every once in a while, gets the playerbase back up, and introduces some new pokes into the market and the game.