Game: Update 2

Joaquin9012

Need help i still cant log in.... it kinda lags when trying to load idk....pls im waiting to play for more then e month for now

ma7freak

mixu said:
ma7freak said:
crenel said:
ma7freak said:
One more question, will Reversal (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Reversal) work as intended ?
Reversal had its damage averaged, and now deals 100 base damage. If this turns out to be too powerful, please let us know.

Alrighty, gonna teach it my Growlithe for now and I'll be testing !

Can you tell me what new moves Growlithe/Arcanine learns? I don't own one enough-leveled so I can't check PlayerDex.

I can't log in right now but I'll post it asap.

crenel

Youngster
mixu said:
crenel said:
August 2012 Battle Update

EVERY SINGLE MOVE IN THE DATABASE HAS BEEN UPDATED
This means that the next time the server restarts, there's going to be a lot of new stuff to play around with. The Battle Engine has not been updated and this is not our big battle engine update. What this means is that I've updated every move to represent its real version as best as possible within our current limitations. Here are some specific examples of the types of updates that I've done:
- Thrash/Outrage/Petal Dance: These now have 95 base power and 95% accuracy
- Hyper Beam/Giga Impact: The power of these two moves has been reduced to 100
- Memento: This now kills the user and reduces the opponent's attack by 100
- Belly Drum: This now raises the user's attack by 30
- Hi Jump Kick: This now has 130 base power

So I'm seeing Hitmonlee is going to be the new Dragonite? Hooray...
Personally, I don't think so. Hitmonlee only has 53 base defense and 87 base speed, and is weak to Flying types (which are generally fast). Flying type attacks are physical in PWO, which means that on paper even though Hitmonlee is very strong it should be shut down by a wide range of Pokemon. Examples to try out are Charizard, Pidgeot, Crobat, Heracross (which resists it and learns Aerial Ace), and Salamence (Fly was buffed). I really do think that for the most part these changes were fairly balanced. I don't expect we'll have to tweak a whole lot.

Also remember that as a Dragon type Dragonite is both bulkier and more resistant than other Pokemon, while Hitmonlee only really has Special Defense and Attack. I think you'll find both of them to be way more manageable without actually losing out on their offensive strength or their potential to win matches.

@LeroyGarcia: Personally I don't think so, as with the move updates many more attacks are working now that weren't before. There's several hard counters to Slaking now anyway, so it isn't as though you're completely getting hung out to dry. Having said all of that, Reversal is one of the many moves that I acknowledge will probably be much stronger than intended and may need to be tweaked, which is why I'd like to hear feedback.

@mixu: You don't need to be logged in and you don't need to have caught the Pokemon to use this.

mixu

crenel said:
mixu said:
crenel said:
August 2012 Battle Update

EVERY SINGLE MOVE IN THE DATABASE HAS BEEN UPDATED
This means that the next time the server restarts, there's going to be a lot of new stuff to play around with. The Battle Engine has not been updated and this is not our big battle engine update. What this means is that I've updated every move to represent its real version as best as possible within our current limitations. Here are some specific examples of the types of updates that I've done:
- Thrash/Outrage/Petal Dance: These now have 95 base power and 95% accuracy
- Hyper Beam/Giga Impact: The power of these two moves has been reduced to 100
- Memento: This now kills the user and reduces the opponent's attack by 100
- Belly Drum: This now raises the user's attack by 30
- Hi Jump Kick: This now has 130 base power

So I'm seeing Hitmonlee is going to be the new Dragonite? Hooray...
Personally, I don't think so. Hitmonlee only has 53 base defense and 87 base speed, and is weak to Flying types (which are generally fast). Flying type attacks are physical in PWO, which means that on paper even though Hitmonlee is very strong it should be shut down by a wide range of Pokemon. Examples to try out are Charizard, Pidgeot, Crobat, Heracross (which resists it and learns Aerial Ace), and Salamence (Fly was buffed). I really do think that for the most part these changes were fairly balanced. I don't expect we'll have to tweak a whole lot.

Also remember that as a Dragon type Dragonite is both bulkier and more resistant than other Pokemon, while Hitmonlee only really has Special Defense and Attack. I think you'll find both of them to be way more manageable without actually losing out on their offensive strength or their potential to win matches.

@LeroyGarcia: Personally I don't think so, as with the move updates many more attacks are working now that weren't before. There's several hard counters to Slaking now anyway, so it isn't as though you're completely getting hung out to dry. Having said all of that, Reversal is one of the many moves that I acknowledge will probably be much stronger than intended and may need to be tweaked, which is why I'd like to hear feedback.

@mixu: You don't need to be logged in and you don't need to have caught the Pokemon to use this.

K, thanks for the link

G

Wooooooooooooooooo!

MAgnitude does something and Rage is not a total waste of space, My dunsparce can finally do some damage!

Thanks and may god be with you in your future travels!

mixu

OMG Golem's gonna own with EQ and SE, also Steamroller

Interesting...

Nikola

Youngster
crenel said:
Reversal had its damage averaged, and now deals 100 base damage. If this turns out to be too powerful, please let us know.
I wanted hammer arm to be returned so hard so its fine for me :eek: Focus punch work as intended right?

One of the best updates so far. There will be more other pokemons to step on battlefield. Battles will be far more interesting now. Guess theres almost zero "useless" pokemons out there. Finally many players got opportunity to test out many other pokemons. Thanks

supriz

Youngster
OMG stellix and arcanine movesets just awesome!!!

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
narutofoxLT said:
Amazing updates, its knockout from seat.
Why Hyper Beam and Giga Impact was decreased? But maybe I know answer.
Updated lots of Pokemons, but moves sets are now changed in B2W2 for some Pokemons. Etc Growlithe and Arcanine, Sandshrew and Sandslash, and more. When you have time (now I see you don't have, you are super busy ;) ), we have some moves sets updates from B2W2?
But I so Thanks to Everyone who help with that.
Maybe Crenel don't answer to bold question, but still that update knockout from seat.
PS. Crenel I don't want be hated, because I want know answer from Jinji about mini example for Encounters renew.
Best Wishes from SViper

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Looking from the reaction so far its definately looking like a popular as well as awesome update ^^

crenel

Youngster
Darcia said:
crenel said:
I wanted hammer arm to be returned so hard so its fine for me :eek: Focus punch work as intended right?

One of the best updates so far. There will be more other pokemons to step on battlefield. Battles will be far more interesting now. Guess theres almost zero "useless" pokemons out there. Finally many players got opportunity to test out many other pokemons. Thanks
Focus Punch is doing 50 base damage with 100% accuracy and no secondary effects.

crenel

Youngster
Maideza said:
*cries over Sketch*
Sketch is doing 0 base damage with 100% accuracy, with no secondary effects.

We feel that this accurately mimics the ability's hand held counterparts.

bakavesh

OMG! thank you very much for your time and effort guys. I think this was the much needed update for the game. This is awesome guys.. I can't thank you enough for what you guys have done to this game to keep it up and running for these many years. :-[

And thanks for the gift crenel. I hope to enjoy it very much xD

Time for me to hunt Magikarp and teach it Flail ;D ;D ;D

420SpiritGun

Darcia said:

I agree def one of the best updates I've seen, thanks alot n_n

maadoo

well i guess it s time to restruct our team , tautos price will go down now so will drago to some extent , shiny kingdra ,hitmonlee , arcanine and dare i say it slaking z price will go threw the roof ,
edit: crenel i see what ur doing with moves like hyperbeam/giga impact ...these moves require 2 turns in the handhelds to take full effect so narrowing them down from 150 to 95 (almost half makes perfect sense ) but since these moves are being nerfed shouldn t solarbeam be treated the same way? also awsome update i specifically like the move memento :p it s epic

MrFlare2

Youngster
Yay! :D I've been gone for a while and this epix update comes. Time to make the best of the new updates.

Zain

Youngster
Truly an Epic update , Good work and thanks Staff for your hard work :p
Now to wait for the Game...