Game: Update 2

HOF69

Tmcm said:
narutofoxLT said:
kontil said:
now throw epic tauros to the trashcan :'(
bye..
Don't cry, because Tauros become weaker not forever and I think Tauros are not weak.

Well i think that Giga Impact reduction from 150 to 100 is too much, now no one use him becouse Thrash is 95 power and miss less... I think the rigth option is Giga Impact takes 120 to place tauros in same position as Starmy...

What the first post (and the Wiki) says about Thrash is actually incorrect. Thrash does not miss, and currently has a power of 120 (as it should, based on 5th generation). Tauros is not as powerful as it once was, but it is still very strong and very useful.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
HOF69 said:
Tmcm said:
narutofoxLT said:
kontil said:
bye..
Don't cry, because Tauros become weaker not forever and I think Tauros are not weak.

Well i think that Giga Impact reduction from 150 to 100 is too much, now no one use him becouse Thrash is 95 power and miss less... I think the rigth option is Giga Impact takes 120 to place tauros in same position as Starmy...

What the first post (and the Wiki) says about Thrash is actually incorrect. Thrash does not miss, and currently has a power of 120 (as it should, based on 5th generation). Tauros is not as powerful as it once was, but it is still very strong and very useful.
They did that powers and acc is made for PWO battle system.

Saric

Youngster
HOF69 said:
Tmcm said:
narutofoxLT said:
kontil said:
bye..

Why are you under this impression?

WizZzarD

Its good to see some pokemon and their moves got updated, but trying to adjust game balance by reducing/rising some moves power/accuration is more of a monkey buisness. You'd better update battle system once, rather than making new "boss" pokemon every few months.

HOF69

Saric said:
HOF69 said:
Tmcm said:
narutofoxLT said:
kontil said:
bye..

Why are you under this impression?

Test Thrash for yourself in game with a Tauros, along with Giga Impact. Tauros does significantly more damage with Thrash. I've used the move well over a hundred times since it was updated in August; hasn't missed once. Not sure why crenel said it's 95 power and 95% accuracy when it clearly isn't.

Saric

Youngster
To note crenel and whoever it may concern:
<takuku> moo
<takuku> shall check now
<takuku> thrash is set to
<takuku> 120 for power

<takuku> it's marked in the db
<takuku> as 120

crenel

Youngster
HOF69 said:
Not sure why crenel said it's 95 power and 95% accuracy when it clearly isn't.
Because when I set it to be as such it clearly was. As I mentioned to Bluerise on twitter earlier, he needs to check out Outrage and Petal Dance too. If all three of them have 120 base power, then there was a rollback or an update was lost. I had updated the three of them after talking with Dovee several hours after the big update in order to set all three of them at 95 base damage and 95% accuracy.

If only Thrash is at 120 base power, then somebody else who is not me and without my knowledge updated the attack after my updates. I don't appreciate insinuations that I've lied to you when, ahem, I clearly haven't.

HOF69

crenel said:
HOF69 said:
Not sure why crenel said it's 95 power and 95% accuracy when it clearly isn't.
Because when I set it to be as such it clearly was. As I mentioned to Bluerise on twitter earlier, he needs to check out Outrage and Petal Dance too. If all three of them have 120 base power, then there was a rollback or an update was lost. I had updated the three of them after talking with Dovee several hours after the big update in order to set all three of them at 95 base damage and 95% accuracy.

If only Thrash is at 120 base power, then somebody else who is not me and without my knowledge updated the attack after my updates. I don't appreciate insinuations that I've lied to you when, ahem, I clearly haven't.

If I offended you, then I apologize. I'm not trying to make you look like the enemy here or suggest that you're a liar. I'm merely trying to clear up the confusion among players about Tauros' durability in battle. Personally I like that Thrash now has its 5th generation power of 120; its a bonus for pokes like Gyarados and Tyranitar too, not just Tauros. I can't speak for Petal Dance, but Outrage does indeed miss now and its power has definitely been reduced from its original 120. Those 2 things are certain from my experience facing Dragonite since this update.

Again, I'm sorry if you think I'm trying to suggest that you (or any other staff member) are purposefully misleading players.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Dear Crenel, you know some Pokemons moves sets was renewed in B2W2 and they get stronger as Sandslash.
1. So when you re-update some Pokemons moves sets to B2W2?
Dear Jinji, when you update Mareep and Flaaffy to BW move sets, you didn't did completely and leave Ampharos in old move set. But we talked about that, but I want remind to you.
2. When you re-update Mareep and Flaaffy and update Ampharos to B2W2?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
narutofoxLT said:
Dear Crenel, you know some Pokemons moves sets was renewed in B2W2 and they get stronger as Sandslash.
1. So when you re-update some Pokemons moves sets to B2W2?
Dear Jinji, when you update Mareep and Flaaffy to BW move sets, you didn't did completely and leave Ampharos in old move set. But we talked about that, but I want remind to you.
2. When you re-update Mareep and Flaaffy and update Ampharos to B2W2?
As stated earlier in the thread, I too am also awaiting the introduction of tools to make the updating of move sets more easily. While I could continue to update movesets through the existing method of directly editing the database, this is time-consuming and difficult; and I simply do not have the time available to do it any more.

darkdane said:
You think destiny bond could be fixed?
At the current time, not to the extent it will function the same as the official move. PWO's Battle System does not support moves taking place over multiple turns. There IS a possible solution offered here through the Status Ailment system, although this is also faulty in PWO.

darkdane

Jinji said:
At the current time, not to the extent it will function the same as the official move. PWO's Battle System does not support moves taking place over multiple turns. There IS a possible solution offered here through the Status Ailment system, although this is also faulty in PWO.
Seems interesting, at least it might be able to be used. I just wanted to say something cause I found that move on my Cacturne and seemed to be broken as well as some other ones :p Thanks also for answering me :)

kryptzeh

Just started playing again after seeing these remarkable updates. Thanks to all of the PWO staff for making and updating the best Pokemon online game :)