Game: Security

Mallow-

Youngster
[glow=green]This be great news. Robots make for very bad Trainers![/glow]

ScruffyHusky

So just out of curiousity/amusement, how many people have already been banned with this new update? D:

Nikola

Youngster
who_zps8d9ff25c.png

There was usually 450 or so users online at 10 am GMT+0. This morning there was only 281 users online. :eek:

DoreanBV

Darcia said:
who_zps8d9ff25c.png

There was usually 450 or so users online at 10 am GMT+0. This morning there was only 281 users online. :eek:

That just goes to show how many cheaters there were... Well this time pwo will be much better, and have a normal player community :)

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I just did the math; and if what Darcia says is true, that's a 37.5ˉ% decrease. Even for accounting for typical variance, are we really saying one-third of our playerbase were bots? I'm not sure if such an assumption is smart.

ScruffyHusky said:
So just out of curiousity/amusement, how many people have already been banned with this new update? D:
From what I hear, it was already over 100 by this morning. Thugie has an exact count; but I'm not sure if it would be smart to reveal it since it's like bragging and I fear it could incite trouble.

supriz

Youngster
Love The Lil Anti-VIrus like System In the Server... ;D
Finally Everything Is fair And Square
Hope The The Trade Market Gets Stable Now..

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
This is a great and necessary progress for the game. I hope anxiously for the new progresses. Thanks so much and good job to all staff.

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
ThuGie said:
Actually it doesn't impact the performance of the server.. so.. not even a bit.
More so a few days ago i improved performance quite a bit.

Haven't noticed how fast authenticating/logging in is now ?

......Still takes me a few tries to get in the game... I honestly haven't noticed anything..... *sad*

Saric

Youngster
accursed1 said:
ThuGie said:
Actually it doesn't impact the performance of the server.. so.. not even a bit.
More so a few days ago i improved performance quite a bit.

Haven't noticed how fast authenticating/logging in is now ?

......Still takes me a few tries to get in the game... I honestly haven't noticed anything..... *sad*
I honestly haven't noticed any change either. Same load up time and everything.

Thychiz

Very happy to hear about this update :) Let's just hope it's foolproof, and innocent people don't get banned.
Good to see the game making progress again, Now for the new client ^_^

Edit: I hadn't noticed any changes either, Until now! Instead of taking the better half of 2013 to let me know the server is down, it spat out the "Cannot connect to PWO server" error quite quickly :D

DoreanBV

Yeah, about the loading time...well for me it's the same, but sometimes it failed to load, and got stuck on Loading <whatever map>. Now that problem is gone, so thanks :D

Vivek

Keep up that hard work and congractulations for the success ^-^

Tendou

Great news but i wasnt able to reply this one earlier.

How about spamming fishing rod? Since it was previously stated mods will think you're botting as far i heard. Will that affect the chance of being caught by mistake?

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
The security system,
Is still being updated and new feature's are tested about every week.
They will be tested before they are actually implemented to prevent the banning of innocent people.

So worrying about getting banned while you did nothing wrong, should not be needed.
Though spamming fishing rod is never a good thing.

Garnet

It's really an awesome update ;D I guess that's explained why there were a lot of player disappeared from route 12 :p

ThuGie said:
Though spamming fishing rod is never a good thing.
By this statement did you mean there is a possibility that we can get banned for spamming rod?

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
Well if we ever implement such a thing, you would always first get a warning message.
But at this moment no, i dont plan to ban for that.

UpsetSleepybear

Website
xat.com
well that is nice cose when im fishing i allways spam rod like every-2-3 sec that is normal thing to do i dont think that anyone wait for 10 sec or W/e tthe time is

Jacollo

Quick question, how many people has been banned since the update? I'm just curious :D