Game: PokéBalls - Catching a Break.

Merlino

Nice update, as always! ;)
Bought the upgrade, I've found no bug!
Kepp working on! :D

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Since it needs clearling up, essentially to get around the issue that we can't introduce new Pokeballs - we've created an item that will essentially modify any current and future Pokeballs you have. There is no need to repurchase the item.

Tendou

Thanks for working in a new way to change the catch rate from pokeballs now i can really use this pic:

tumblr_mziisytSeG1rfnwv0o1_1280.jpg

nemo55

Tendou said:
Thanks for working in a new way to change the catch rate from pokeballs now i can really use this pic:

tumblr_mziisytSeG1rfnwv0o1_1280.jpg

LOL Tendou...that is an epic pic hehe

PS I caught a Hitmonlee with only 1 pokeball thanks to this update :D ::)

Pokemongym

For some reason... im not seeing this in the stores? I don't recall buying it since i'm just hearing about it.
OH you meant the goldenrod and celadon stores. :p

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Pokemongym said:
For some reason... im not seeing this in the stores? I don't recall buying it since i'm just hearing about it.
OH you meant the goldenrod and celadon stores. :p

Yeah, Celadon and Goldenrod. :p

Creobis said:
GreatBall upgrade: A new item has now been released, purchasable in the department stores for 100,000...

chaosgod

i think is to high the price for the new players 100k :-[
but is great update :)

Buggot

I actually think it is just right, because it is an upgrade, not supposed to be a giveaway. It encourages all the players as 100k is moderately hard to get (for me, I'm poor :p) but a good incentive to strive for.

JBob

Love this update! Keep up the GREAT work you're all doing!!!

Fionavara

Tyvm
Just poisoned a poke and caught it first pokeball..I havnt caught a poke first try in ...oh 2 years now? :D
won't have to buy pokeballs for this whole year!
Good job,guys!

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Fionavara said:
Tyvm
Just poisoned a poke and caught it first pokeball..I havnt caught a poke first try in ...oh 2 years now? :D
won't have to buy pokeballs for this whole year!
Good job,guys!

I also caught 2 pokémons recently. The first one with 2 pokéballs and the second one with 1 pokéball. :)

Orean

Website
twitter.com
chaosgod said:
i think is to high the price for the new players 100k :-[

Yes, it is unaffordable to newer players, but it's also unavailable to newer players—there is a 16-badge requirement to purchase it, even if the cost itself is covered.

I can understand why newer players would want to get ahold of better-tier Pokeballs, but it is also a time when players (IMO) need to be more thrifty with what they spend their Pokemoney on. Out of all of the one-time-purchase items (bike, surfboard, GreatBall Upgrade, etc...), the surfboard is one that newer players are restricted to, and the one that — for second-region advancement — should be focused on; there is a likelihood that the GreatBall Upgrade may be bought instead of the surfboard prematurely, only for a player to later realize that the surfboard is required to advance, and thus have an insufficient amount of money to buy it.

This means that newer players will be restricted to the ordinary tiers of pokeballs in the meantime, but they also are bound to lower-level, which are easier to capture as well (due to how the formula accounts for the total amount of HP of a Pokemon, which lower-level Pokemon have a lower amount of, of course).

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Another great update, gonna reduce my visits to marts to restock drastically. thanks!

isa053

Love the update yay on not wasting 40+ pokeballs ^^ is there a chance that there will be drop in the price of a bicycle too? plz post b4 trying to reduce the price... i bought the surf board at 100k and a few days later it has been dropped to 75k. fml...

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I would not expect one, Surfboards are currently required to progress to the 2nd region whereas bikes are purely luxury items.