Game: PokéBalls - Catching a Break.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Hello everyone,

For a long time coming, once again shown by recent discussons, many of you have voiced dissatisfaction with the current capture-rate system, finding it as a much bigger struggle to capture a Pokemon in some circumstances than what is reasonably desirable. More PokéBall tiers were an obvious feature to suggest, and one that the staff has agreed to, but one that hasn't been put into motion due to client-side limitations. Nonetheless, even if something was undoubtedly limited by the client, we've always looked into the open possibility for compromises/workarounds in the present time.

After spending time on the drawing board behind the scenes and testing, we're ready to introduce a new PokéBall tier using what resources are feasible, complementing it with improvements to the capture-rate formula as well.

GreatBall upgrade: A new item has now been released, purchasable in the department stores for 100,000, which can be used to effectively upgrade your PokéBalls to a new tier. This item is a one-time purchase, giving a permanent effect on your PokéBalls, but you will still need to purchase PokéBalls—PokéBalls still deplete upon use, but will retain the upgrade item's enhancer for their capture rate.

Capture-rate formula: The catch-rate formula has now been tweaked to account for status ailments. Paralysis, sleeping, poison and burn are now all modifiers to the catch-rate chances.

We are hoping that these do indeed improve the effectiveness considerably, but we aren't going to draw our own assumptions without feedback, which we expect to collect in this thread as well. While comments, questions and concerns are allowed — regarding your impression on the update — hands-on testing and feedback is what we're expecting first and foremostly.

-Creobis

pieoffury

Great update!! Now I don't have to waste 50+ pokeballs to catch a poke :eek:

Gobfather

YES! This update is fantastic thanks for the hard work ;D Can't wait to test it out. Price is just perfect imo as well

I'm curious what you mean one-time purchase, this item is only available once? Why?

pieoffury

Note for everyone: It asks you to buy 30 max of the upgrade, buy only ONE. It will appear under items in your bagpack :) It isn't a 1-time purchase yet, it allows you to re-buy the item even if you already own 1

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Of course it's an awesone update and I should say a big thanks~ :D

Question: I have 999 pokeballs in my backpack and I purchase this respective item, then I'll have 999 GreatBalls. What will happen when those GreatBalls run out? Will we be able to purchase the item once more?

pieoffury

julio2503 said:

Question: I have 999 pokeballs in my backpack and I purchase this respective item, then I'll have 999 GreatBalls. What will happen when those GreatBalls run out? Will be able to purchase the item once more?

No bro, it works
Creobis said:
This item is a one-time purchase, giving a permanent effect on your PokéBalls, but you will still need to purchase PokéBalls—PokéBalls still deplete upon use, but will retain the upgrade item's enhancer for their capture rate.

Tecknician

PewDiePie_Felix said:
Note for everyone: It asks you to buy 30 max of the upgrade, buy only ONE. It will appear under items in your bagpack :) It isn't a 1-time purchase yet, it allows you to re-buy the item even if you already own 1
This has been fixed.

By one time purchase, creobis means you need to purchase it once and you will keep its benefits forever.

pieoffury

Empress Teck said:
PewDiePie_Felix said:
This has been fixed.

By one time purchase, creobis means you need to purchase it once and you will keep its benefits forever.
Misunderstood that part then, but yeah, i understand the upgrade is permanent. What I was saying is you can re-purchase it if you own 1. And thanks for fixing it :)

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
PewDiePie_Felix said:
julio2503 said:

Question: I have 999 pokeballs in my backpack and I purchase this respective item, then I'll have 999 GreatBalls. What will happen when those GreatBalls run out? Will be able to purchase the item once more?

No bro, it works
Creobis said:
This item is a one-time purchase, giving a permanent effect on your PokéBalls, but you will still need to purchase PokéBalls—PokéBalls still deplete upon use, but will retain the upgrade item's enhancer for their capture rate.

My point was if only GreatBalls will now be available in game because after buying this item seems we can no longer obtain PokeBalls, just GreatBalls. :p

pieoffury

julio2503 said:
My point was if only GreatBalls will now be available in game because after buying this item seems we can no longer obtain PokeBalls, just GreatBalls. :p
Oh, greatballs as a ball isn't in game yet. We would need a new client for it, or so I heard from Creo. You'll still buy pokeballs but if you have the Greatball upgrade, the pokeballs will have the benefits of greatball but would still appear as pokeballs in your bag and in the market ;D

I.Am

Thanks PWO team for update. Cant wait to test it. :)

Gobfather

OK can we get a straight answer here. When I buy 999 pokeball, and then i buy great ball upgrade. OK so now all those "upgraded great balls (999 of them)" are depleted, can I repurchase this upgrade again? Or you mean one time pruchase and those 999 were my only ones of all time?

PhantomsCV

Gobfather said:
OK can we get a straight answer here. When I buy 999 pokeball, and then i buy great ball upgrade. OK so now all those "upgraded great balls (999 of them)" are depleted, can I repurchase this upgrade again? Or you mean one time pruchase and those 999 were my only ones of all time?

It turns all Pokeballs to GreatBalls til the end of time.

DomT.

Youngster
Thats a Great Update,Hope we will See Ultra Balls and Master Ball in Future,xDDx

Shiningamisgirl

All of my love, this update has! -gleeess- Now, my chances of re-hunting down and catching that S Onix....or a freaking Stantler, with less than 60pkballs, can be realized!!!

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Hmm, there are no GreatBalls, after all, only the catch rate was improved with the item, as I have understood then. Pokeballs that have GreatBalls effectiveness~

And that's an possible issue, I assume. :p

error.png