Not open for further replies.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
accursed1 said:
as choco said, the main post being on the first page only is annoying,
Going to look into it.

accursed1 said:
it would be nice to have an "unread posts" button on each page.. not just the main....
The main PWO theme will have it across every page, we're not going to update the default phpBB theme with the changes.

accursed1 said:
why do some peoples sigs work, while others don't? is there anyway to get my sig working again?
Have you enabled your signature? Go to the User Control Panel -> Board Preferences and check if 'Attach my signature by default:' is marked as yes.

accursed1 said:
is there any chance of going back to the old forums?
Technically these do count as the 'old' forums. PhpBB was the first forum board software PWO actually used.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Since I heard it requested a few times; had need for it on one of my own topics and felt it had reason to be added (and I was bored enough)...

I've just finished work on an update of my own to our new Forum, which I'm pleased to announce to the public: Tables are back! That's correct, you can now design tables to appear within your topics, for when setting things out neatly matters to you.

If you're familiar with making tables using HTML, the concept is mostly similar here (though take note of step 2), except you replace < and > with [ and ]. For those who aren't, here's how it works:

1. To start off a table, use the "table" button or type the tag [table].
  2. Now, you have two options. If you use [table] on its own, you'll get a border-less table with no spacing, something like this:

Example tableWith two rows and two columns
    Some more text.Table headers are also supported.
    But you can add three numbers after table, separated by commas, like this: [table=1,2,3]. These numbers will let you decide the width, in pixels, of the table's border, padding and spacing (in that order), letting you customise its look somewhat. Note, however, that if you use this option, you must include all three numbers for it to function. As an example, here's a table made using [table=2,2,2]:

Example tableWith two rows and two columns
    Some more text.Table headers are also supported.

There's no limit to the numbers as far as I'm aware - 99,99,99 is just as acceptable - but honestly I highly doubt people will need borders or spacing over 10 pixels anyway.
  3. Next, add rows. Each row in a table starts [tr] and ends [/tr]
  4. Between these, create cells - these are the boxes in that row. For each one you want, add a [td], then what you want inside that cell, and close with a [/td]. (For header cells, use [th] instead)
  5. Repeat steps 3-4 as many times as needed.
  6. Finally end the table with a [/table]

I hope at least a few members of our community find this new addition useful; and my humblest apologies if it seems a little difficult for you.

G

Now I can re-format my Mystery Brawl Cup topic xD Thanks Jinji

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
My pleasure, Mist. I myself used the table tag to fix up the Chain Game scoreboard yesterday, which also became damaged in the migration.

Maters

I had my signature from the previous forums. Went to edit it today, and now it's not showing up....

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Ensure "Attach a signature" is checked in the "Options" below the post box. If it always seems to be unchecked, go to User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit posting defaults and ensure "Attach my signature by default" is turned on.

Here's a quick link to the Edit posting defaults page: http://pokemon-world-online.net/forum/ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=post

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
So apart from latest topics and posts (by 5-10), what else would you guys (and gals) like to see as a sidebar feature for the homepage?

Please note that we won't necessary do everything you suggest nor any of the two brought up above are guaranteed.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
accursed1 said:
thanks blue, but my sig still doesn't appear to work.
That's because one of your images is too big for your signatures. That limit will remain in place, it's not new. This setting has been forced on the last two previous board softwares.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Thanks to a combination of LDM at ModphpBB3 for making it, Mist for finding it and myself for bringing it to our Forum, the PWO Staff are proud to make the following announcement:

Spoilers are back!!!
Turns out, we didn't need any add-on or complicated change to the Forum to be able to add spoilers back to the Forum. This new tag is just simple HTML and JavaScript wrapped inside a custom BBCode. This also means that we don't slow down the Forum with unnecessary bloat and any problems are easier to fix. And it works the same as it always does - [spoiler]Message[/spoiler]. The only problem is you can't nest spoilers - i.e. put one inside another - but that's phpBB's fault, as phpBB doesn't like you putting the same tag inside itself. Also, any existing messages, PMs and signatures containing spoilers will need to be edited and resubmitted to make them show. Enjoy!

nice job on the forum change. theres only 1 thing i absolutely hate...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

should be on the left...

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
naliorf333 said:
is there an easy way to mark all unread topics as read topics?
Such shameful laziness... but that ability IS indeed available. Just look on the Forum Index for a "Mark Forums Read" link - it should appear top-right above the first forum listing.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
naliorf333 said:
'Mark forums as read' for entire forum. From homepage.
'Mark subforums as read' to mark all subforums. From subforum.

naliorf333

Youngster
Bluerise said:
naliorf333 said:
'Mark forums as read' for entire forum. From homepage.
'Mark subforums as read' to mark all subforums. From subforum.

thanks bluerise :)) ;D

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
But back to the topic at hand:

Bluerise said:
So apart from latest topics and posts (by 5-10), what else would you guys (and gals) like to see as a sidebar feature for the homepage?

Please note that we won't necessary do everything you suggest nor any of the two brought up above are guaranteed.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
For those who are missing the ability to see the first post of every page of the topic, I just made a modification to the files (though on an copy of this forum), and it's working after making some changes. This will be available in the PWO theme (when we actually finished it). Now a question for you, would you prefer there to be a split for the first post and the rest of the posts, or would you prefer for them to remain together like the rest of the posts?

If you want a split, do you want page navigation to be between the split?

Status
Not open for further replies.