Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
It is my great pleasure to welcome all existing and future Trainers to the new phpBB3-powered PWO Forum!

Thanks to the magic of transformation, we have converted as much of the data from our former, SMF-powered Forum to this new one as the software will allow. This includes everyone's topics, posts, PMs, profiles and Friends; meaning you should still find everything important to you here and should be able to continue reading and contributing to the Forum straight-out-of-the-box - though you may still need to configure some settings to get the Forum working exactly as you're accustomed to.

One minor inconvenience we have identified already, is that anyone who uses Glow or Shadow effects in their posts will need to edit them - while these effects are still possible in phpBB, you can no longer set the radius or intensity; only the colour can be set. So for example, if you used a glow tag such as [glow=red,2,300] you will now have to change it to just [glow=red]. Sorry about this. Spoilers are also unavailable for now; but all other tags should still work as before and any necessary changes to your existing posts have already been made for you. One last note is that [align=center] and [align=right] are now a single [align=] tag, and are used like [align=center][/align] instead.

Should you have any problems using the new Forum, please let us know so we can check them out. Assuming there's no major nasty surprises, our next move over the coming few weeks will be installing additional functionality to make our Forum even more useful; and stylising it to a more attractive appearance.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
To note, I plan to make a start on working on a forum theme in the next week or so as well. Anything which currently relies on forums outside of the forums, will be updated by tomorrow to support the changeover to phpBB.

PhantomsCV

Only a few things I don't like but I don't think they are changeable like not seeing the most recently topic NAME on the Most Recent Post Area or seeing "Today" / "Yesterday" on the dates. But I like the layout.

DaSnowman

Sorry but i have a couple questions was hoping you could help me with about this

1. is it possible that a thread could break because i cant post replys on my Shop but i can everywhere else
2. is their only a certain amount of time you can edit your topic because it wont let me update my tournament thread

Sorry if you didnt want this posted here just seemed like a good way to clear it up if others are having the same issue
Thanks for your help

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Looks like a nice smooth changeover, grats. :)

I do have one request, if it's possible could we get a 'mark all forums/posts read' link on the "View unread posts' page? It's only a little thing, but it is annoying to have to reload the main page to do this.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
PhantomsCV said:
Only a few things I don't like but I don't think they are changeable like not seeing the most recently topic NAME on the Most Recent Post Area or seeing "Today" / "Yesterday" on the dates. But I like the layout.
The first matter annoys me, too; as for the second, this is now changed. Note that you can always set your own format for how you want dates and times to appear while logged in through your User Control Panel, under Board preferences.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I mentioned this in the IRC, but I'll put it here so its on record ( :p ):

The Original Post being on the first page only is annoying, since it means I'd usually have to open a second tab for a lot of topics, and the poster information just seems wrong on the right side.

Other than that, its looking good :D

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
DaSnowman said:
1. is it possible that a thread could break because i cant post replys on my Shop but i can everywhere else
2. is their only a certain amount of time you can edit your topic because it wont let me update my tournament thread
At the moment, a limit has been placed which basically gives you an hour to edit your post. This can be removed.

As for point 1, link to the shop and do you get an error or anything else when you want to post an reply?

Chocobo7 said:
I mentioned this in the IRC, but I'll put it here so its on record ( :p ):

The Original Post being on the first page only is annoying, since it means I'd usually have to open a second tab for a lot of topics, and the poster information just seems wrong on the right side.

Other than that, its looking good :D
We'll look into adding the first post in the future. On note, we can consider moving the user info to the other side for the custom theme we'll start work on in the next few weeks.

HitmonFonty said:
Looks like a nice smooth changeover, grats. :)

I do have one request, if it's possible could we get a 'mark all forums/posts read' link on the "View unread posts' page? It's only a little thing, but it is annoying to have to reload the main page to do this.
I'll look into it, I'm considering moving a few links since I view a few of the homepage ones as of importance and that they should be accessible universally.

Password reset is now enabled on Playerdex. Please note that if you don't already have a forum account, it will not created one as of this time. This is since I need time to test it which I don't really fancy doing near to 1.30am.

DaSnowman

Bluerise said:
DaSnowman said:
At the moment, a limit has been placed which basically gives you an hour to edit your post. This can be removed.

As for point 1, link to the shop and do you get an error or anything else when you want to post an reply?

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=6250

There is the link i dont even have a Post reply button on it i looked on other posts and there is nothing where the post reply should be

Thanks for your reply

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Editing should now be allowed as well as trade posting.

Stank

Youngster
Bluerise said:
Stank said:
Meh these are worse than the last forums :[
Why? lol
Well only 2 reasons and they are just visually annoying but really bug me.
1) User info is on the wrong side and confuses me
2) the lack of topic names in the recent posts area

Edit: 3) First post not being on every page

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
4) Big green font

Also those covered previously.

Stank

Youngster
Bluerise said:
4) Big green font

hey I like my big green font lol, i know they were already covered, but you asked why i didn't like them so i just gave my 2 cents :p

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Stank said:
Bluerise said:
4) Big green font

hey I like my big green font lol, i know they were already covered, but you asked why i didn't like them so i just gave my 2 cents :p
You offered nothing new, you disappointed me. :p

Stank

Youngster
Bluerise said:
Stank said:
Bluerise said:
4) Big green font

You offered nothing new, you disappointed me. :p

I ALWAYS disappoint someone, figured you knew this by now haha​

Status
Not open for further replies.