Farewell PWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor.Oak

There's many people here bashing players because they don't know "both sides", however you can't blame players, particularly newer ones that want to defend Shane when current PWO staff make little effort to keep us updated with what they're up to, rather they like to keep everything "secret" with their projects xyz to make it "surprise" when it comes out to the point where someone has to actively look for information spread out through Twitter, IRC and forums. They could be working harsh with things in the background but if they don't update players or let them know then they shouldn't get mad or upset when things like this happen. The least that could happen going forward is a general update thread bi-weekly, or at least monthly letting people hey we're still around and this is what we've been working on this month, or "heres the progress on this project." Even if the project falls through or the project dies because of limitations or coding issues, the players will at least say "hey, they're really trying".

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
And should I say point it out that we have basically no active staff members left?
Fonty is here, but that's about it... Lumi is here occasionally, Choco, Pansy, Blue and Artic are sometimes here but mostly they aren't. We have no staff members left and so the game will fall apart rapidly.

I just want to say that it's a mistake to think that only a few staff are active at this time. We have lost staff but currently we still have enough to continue our progress as I've said elsewhere. Also one of the defining roles of the Community Guide is to be a public face for other content staff, and those who choose not to be active in the community are still working hard behind the scenes while we make the announcements for updates they have participated in unsung. So as evidenced by ingame updates over the past days we are still working and will continue to to our best to bring out new updates as regularly as we can.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
The funny thing is... If you check my prev comment it may sound as if I knew what happened, but I didnt knew till now... I'm very dissapointed and there's a frustration feeling around many of us, because we can't do anything. I hope I can find CHANGES after this, CHANGES.

''Working hard''
''Doing our best''
etc...

These are phrases that are gonna keep being phrases...if you really want to contribute something to the game you will do it! And there will be nothing to say about it, since we will all see the changes and implementations to appear because of your hard and constant work, but here we are, with phrases that are carried by the wind. Sorry, I will admit that we had changes and updates in the past, but was just a very small portion considering that a year has 365 days, I hope you understand what Im trying to say. YOU are the ones with the knowledge and thats the shield you have to protect yourselves from us, if you don't have time because of real life stuff, leave your position to someone with more time than you! Where's the problem if you have to be a normal player again ? Be honest with yourself, you've been choosen between hundreds of players ! Show us that you aren't a bad choice, there are LOTS of players that may aply for more than 1 rank in a staff position, what are you waiting for ? Its time to show some talent...

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
Symbiosis said:
Shane's existence has been removed from the galaxy. They deleted Shane's account and everything lol
Shane deleted his own account, so he wouldn't have to deal with the badmouthing that'll come his way soon. He's very fed up with the entire situation, and wasn't kidding when he said he was done. As a staff vet of 5 years, PWO politics is more disgusting than real politics. So anyone who is angry, or upset with Shane for leaving, you don't know the half of it. I don't think any game owner would tolerate being yelled at, and insulted by his game staff for not adhering to their "policies". Especially by someone who in reality doesn't even do anything, or deserve their position. Imagine you owned a company, and your workers spat in your face for not following policies your workers set, or for hiring someone you wanted to help you run the company, just because they have a bias against that person or weren't conferred with.

Shane essentially fixed years of problems in 2 hours. Instead of the staff thanking him, and trying to work with him when he asked for help, they isolated him to the point he was only in contact with 1 staff member for advice. Instead of thanking him, they yell at him, insult him, belittle him for not "following policy". Since when did "policy" become more important than the games best interest? It didn't. However, ego did. Expect a very defensive response from the PWO staff, placing all the blame on Shane.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Symbiosis said:
Shane's existence has been removed from the galaxy. They deleted Shane's account and everything lol

Shane demoted himself on leaving, that included removing his own forum account.

BestInTheWorld

I believe we have to the right to know what happened exactly

i know that there is nobody i bigger than PWO but . . . , a very important staff member go away from PWO in this fashion isn't cool the way i see it !

until i know what happened exactly , regardless that he is the one who choose to quit " in this very dramatic way " , i would like to say :

NO No No No No No

Merse

Youngster
DoN't count on it! PWO's policy is always to keep players in complete darkness. The staff may have problems but by far the biggest is that they have next to no communication with the players.
Teck and Shane were beloved because they bothered with things like talking to the peasants (i.e.: players). Not to mention that they contributed more to this game in one year than Blue and most of the staff members did together in the last two years. And even if this statement is not true, who can blame us that we feel that way? Most of the staff never spend their so valuable times on I don't know... talking about what they are working on or what can we expect in the future...

Take my favorite example, the new Playerdex with the Mart and whatnot. When was it planned to be released? February 2013 if I remember correctly. And since the last update which said that the release is postponed to March 2013 there is no news about it. If you ask Blue he will maybe present you with an "I'm working on it", but I think that nobody believes that any more. Seriously dude? Complete Pokemon MMOs were developed and went out of business since you're working on that project and you don't even have the balls to come out and tell the players what's going on?

I think Bis summarized it the best. Shane did more for this game in the last few months than any of the staff in the last few years! Not rue? Come out and tell us what you did for this game, what are you working on or what are you planning and when they will be released! Although I very much doubt that would ever happen.

Footnote: Lumi, if it would be so easy to learn the code of PWO, we wouldn't have to wait years and the return of the one who wrote the original code to see some major updates. Open source? Yes. But Chinese is an "open source" language as well and I pretty much doubt it you could learn it without the help of someone who actually speaks it.

Sanven

OMG........!!!!!!!!!!!! I went for a vacation, and this much happened..!!!
i fear now that PWO has a future, it'll be dead again like it was before..!!!
Shane with awesome updates his hour of working..!!! made me back..!!! but the environment, made Shane go away..!!!

With that news, I might too leave again...!!!! So sad to see this hapenning...

Btw guys i found this on Shane's account of youtube..!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dWx4fpjJHw
may be his new MMO, its really cool, n its about monsters so its really similar to pokemon, i'd like to invite all those people who loved Shane and his work..!!!!
he had done an awesome work again..!!

So what happened this PWO staff made Shane leave his own GAME..!!! He came out with another,
Now you all staff see each player migrating from this game to his new game and you Staff left alone here..
because PWO is because of Shane, Shane is not because of PWO is..!!!!!

Goodbye everyone..!!!! See you in "Walking about In Reign of Monsters". It has really cool Interface with 3D gaming..!!! :)

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
Bis_Eastwood said:
Symbiosis said:
Shane deleted his own account, so he wouldn't have to deal with the badmouthing that'll come his way soon. He's very fed up with the entire situation, and wasn't kidding when he said he was done. As a staff vet of 5 years, PWO politics is more disgusting than real politics. So anyone who is angry, or upset with Shane for leaving, you don't know the half of it. I don't think any game owner would tolerate being yelled at, and insulted by his game staff for not adhering to their "policies". Especially by someone who in reality doesn't even do anything, or deserve their position. Imagine you owned a company, and your workers spat in your face for not following policies your workers set, or for hiring someone you wanted to help you run the company, just because they have a bias against that person or weren't conferred with.

Shane essentially fixed years of problems in 2 hours. Instead of the staff thanking him, and trying to work with him when he asked for help, they isolated him to the point he was only in contact with 1 staff member for advice. Instead of thanking him, they yell at him, insult him, belittle him for not "following policy". Since when did "policy" become more important than the games best interest? It didn't. However, ego did. Expect a very defensive response from the PWO staff, placing all the blame on Shane.

I agree with this statement 100%

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
Sanven said:
OMG........!!!!!!!!!!!! I went for a vacation, and this much happened..!!!
i fear now that PWO has a future, it'll be dead again like it was before..!!!
Shane with awesome updates his hour of working..!!! made me back..!!! but the environment, made Shane go away..!!!

With that news, I might too leave again...!!!! So sad to see this hapenning...

Btw guys i found this on Shane's account of youtube..!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dWx4fpjJHw
may be his new MMO, its really cool, n its about monsters so its really similar to pokemon, i'd like to invite all those people who loved Shane and his work..!!!!
he had done an awesome work again..!!

So what happened this PWO staff made Shane leave his own GAME..!!! He came out with another,
Now you all staff see each player migrating from this game to his new game and you Staff left alone here..
because PWO is because of Shane, Shane is not because of PWO is..!!!!!

Goodbye everyone..!!!! See you in "Walking about In Reign of Monsters". It has really cool Interface with 3D gaming..!!! :)

This is also true in some way. While Pwo isn't going to go completely dead from what I have seen going around since his leave we have a good chunk of the population leaving PWO already or will be upon seeing this so called statement. Pwo won't die yet but at it's current state may not last long unless they keep reeling in new members who don't know what the community and game is like. I for one am not leaving at this moment until I see more proof and can fully understand what has happened here. Lets face it people who have been playing the game for years have already left or are ready to leave. Their sick of the progression. We as a community gets promised things that never happen, not really any updates or news on whats going on. Things that should be ready and already here at this rate won't be here until 2016-2018 if the game even last that long and were lucky.

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
Why are people so concerned about shane leaving ?
Did people suddenly go brain dead or something ?

darkshadow.

ThuGie said:

Cause he was the only one who could save this game. Not the quiet staff that does nothing for years althought the promises that are made to the players are very high.

Belemuel

_darkshadow_ said:
ThuGie said:

Cause he was the only one who could save this game. Not the quiet staff that does nothing for years althought the promises that are made to the players are very high.

Well you see thats where the player perspective is different; we staff did a lot to the game whether it was behind the scenes or not. There was a lot done just you players wont know.

Pez~

ThuGie said:

Yes people have gone brain dead....It's a shame but shows what a large number in this community are like. Shane works hard for 4 weeks, great but he has such poor commitment that rather than sort out his issues with people he runs away. It's what he has always done. Everyone has forgotten all the great updates that Thugie, Teck and Bluerise have done recently. Even before Shane did these updates the game was progressing quicker than it was before. We had an auto rebooter which people had been asking for for ages, moves were getting fixed, new iv commands and things. Shane promoted someone to staff without asking anyone else when the person he promoted should not have had anywhere near that level of power. Someone complained and rather than debate about it like a reasonable person he ran away, turned off the computer and just tried to turn everyone against the other staff. Is that the attitude of someone who really cares about the game. Do you people actually thing Shane cared about this game? He has always been focussed on his own game, but people are refusing to see that. He was always planning on leave but just chose to do it in a way to try and damage the reputation of people who had stuck around and were doing their best for the game. Hardcoreh was working on a new client for the game that would have allowed for the game to progress better. Shane comes back and Hardcoreh gets tossed aside. Then Shane leaves and the games progress stops. That is Shane's fault not the other staff.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
AdamWest said:
ThuGie said:

Yes people have gone brain dead....It's a shame but shows what a large number in this community are like. Shane works hard for 4 weeks, great but he has such poor commitment that rather than sort out his issues with people he runs away. It's what he has always done. Everyone has forgotten all the great updates that Thugie, Teck and Bluerise have done recently. Even before Shane did these updates the game was progressing quicker than it was before. We had an auto rebooter which people had been asking for for ages, moves were getting fixed, new iv commands and things. Shane promoted someone to staff without asking anyone else when the person he promoted should not have had anywhere near that level of power. Someone complained and rather than debate about it like a reasonable person he ran away, turned off the computer and just tried to turn everyone against the other staff. Is that the attitude of someone who really cares about the game. Do you people actually thing Shane cared about this game? He has always been focussed on his own game, but people are refusing to see that. He was always planning on leave but just chose to do it in a way to try and damage the reputation of people who had stuck around and were doing their best for the game. Hardcoreh was working on a new client for the game that would have allowed for the game to progress better. Shane comes back and Hardcoreh gets tossed aside. Then Shane leaves and the games progress stops. That is Shane's fault not the other staff.

The problem is that no one is gonna eat candies anymore... The matter is that Shane is the proof that with some dedication the game can show some progress, no one is saying that the rest of the staff sucks, we've seen good updates! BUT, now we can't evade an obvious comparation, thats what you must think. And both sides are wrong, BOTH sides, why you think they havent said anything about the situation yet ?

Pez~

It's not dedication to: make some updates, quit rather than have an adult conversation and refuse to share your source code, holding everyone else to ransom. The reason the game made little progress is because he went absent and refused to share his source code to start with. It's not for lack of trying. The reason there has been no response is to allow things to calm down a bit because half the community are refusing to see reason and are just blaming and being abusive. You can't reason with such people.

darkshadow.

Belemuel said:
_darkshadow_ said:
ThuGie said:

Well you see thats where the player perspective is different; we staff did a lot to the game whether it was behind the scenes or not. There was a lot done just you players wont know.

So why you keep them at secret? Are we all kids? Just say what you do .Let us know what's happening.

Stank

Youngster
[glow=black]LOL[/glow]

seems like the game has gone straight to hell recently....glad i decided to stop playing when i did...I came back for a visit and see all this crap, meh i needed a good laugh. I knew Shane "coming back" was gonna be nothing but issues from the start. yeah he did some awesome updates for the game from what I hear but hes useless. that guy has never given a rats *** about this game or its community. hes no where to be seen for a long time then POOF hes back and becomes a god over night, and now everyone feels used and violated when he slips out in the middle of the night, and doesn't call them back the next day for a second date.

Shane made a bad decision. a VERY bad decision
[removed]

There is a reason bis is no longer staff. Hes rude, thinks only of himself, he never lets go of a grudge, takes EVERYTHING personally, and feels as though the world is out to get him every time anything happens. he has his own personal vendetta and giving him admin power (hell any power for that matter) would just be used abused to act out his sick and twisted little mind games.......

on a completely unrelated side note...........i has a cookie, and its delicious

Status
Not open for further replies.