Farewell PWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

drago68575

Clippy said:
Ramensnoodle said:
Why did I know this was coming after I saw that Shane was back and other staff left shortly after, sometimes things are just so predictable.
Correct me if I'm wrong as I might be but wasn't the reason PWO been stuck being under-developed for so long was because of none being able to work on the code which was why there was another client being devoloped. So Shane working on the server was him just having access to code he helped create so ofc things are going to be released more frequently. Not that I'm saying the recent updates were bad or something but come on that's common sense he created it ffs. I dont know all what happened but I love how all the current staff getting insulted and whatever like pwo would still be around if they wasn't here to keep it alive. I mean was Shane secretly here working magic after the Zido rage wipe? or the countless ddos attacks? Even Xan is unavailable when he is need because of his real life. So if it wasn't for those staff you hating on there would be no server for Shane to come back to in the first place.
Being somewhat a lurker i tend to see things a lil differently and it was obvious Shane wasn't going to stay with PWO long this time again it was predictable and I know everyone of you wont agree but its the truth. I mean since I started this game in 2011 I have only seen him ingame like clockwork every year for the xmas event briefly at most. He might of let what ever issue he had with staff be the public reason he left but I very much doubt that was it his plan to rejoin Pwo for the long haul again.
Anyways in your brief time back you released some nice updates even though some minor stuff I didn't fancy to much but good all the same, pwo will still be around if you do decide to visit again.

I completely 100% agree with you Ramen, infact I know for a fact (infact scratch that bit... I was told that... so I can't say I know for a fact... bad wording on my part) Shane was going to leave regardless... just not this soon... but either way alot of people seem to have forgotten that this is a farewell thread for Shane and not a bash the current staff thread, it is kinda starting to annoy me how everyone is just attacking certain members of the staff whilst only knowing half the story... so I would take it under advisement from this point onward that everyone just says goodbye to Shane in a polite civilised manor and returns to life as normal.
And you guys are on the right thing, Its true that the one that tried the things the best was Shane, but the staff also is working in their respective areas, and I wanna say, stop blaming them, because from between them, or even between us players, will rise the next Shane

Zywa-Torpeda

Only thing that comes on mind is... Shame on you PWO staff members, who created this situation. Thanks to you we lost the best what we had in PWO, Shane. In two months he brought us more updates to PWO than the rest of you in two years. I do belive that without him PWO is done, wasted, and will not move any further.
SHAME ON YOU!

To you Shane, good luck on working with Belemuel on your Monster Project. Hope it'll be what you are looking for.

xPecT

Shame on you PWO staff members.
Gl Shane in whatever u do next.

Saurus

Banned
Ramensnoodle said:
Why did I know this was coming after I saw that Shane was back and other staff left shortly after, sometimes things are just so predictable.
Correct me if I'm wrong as I might be but wasn't the reason PWO been stuck being under-developed for so long was because of none being able to work on the code which was why there was another client being devoloped. So Shane working on the server was him just having access to code he helped create so ofc things are going to be released more frequently. Not that I'm saying the recent updates were bad or something but come on that's common sense he created it ffs. I dont know all what happened but I love how all the current staff getting insulted and whatever like pwo would still be around if they wasn't here to keep it alive. I mean was Shane secretly here working magic after the Zido rage wipe? or the countless ddos attacks? Even Xan is unavailable when he is need because of his real life. So if it wasn't for those staff you hating on there would be no server for Shane to come back to in the first place.
Being somewhat a lurker i tend to see things a lil differently and it was obvious Shane wasn't going to stay with PWO long this time again it was predictable and I know everyone of you wont agree but its the truth. I mean since I started this game in 2011 I have only seen him ingame like clockwork every year for the xmas event briefly at most. He might of let what ever issue he had with staff be the public reason he left but I very much doubt that was it his plan to rejoin Pwo for the long haul again.
Anyways in your brief time back you released some nice updates even though some minor stuff I didn't fancy to much but good all the same, pwo will still be around if you do decide to visit again.

Oh shut up. Shut up, shut up, shut up. Anyone who took your reply the least bit serious needs a smack. You want to give the staff credit for sticking around and running things but Shane accomplished what they couldn't in only a few months where a certain someone promised a new playerdex release, that oh my gosh, surprise surprise, we're still waiting for.

It's not up to you to assume that Shane would've left PWO. This time, it was the very people you're brown nosing that caused him to leave. Instead of apologizing (which they're too awesome to do, openly) and sorting it out, they want to write a statement to save their butts. I say, good for you Shane. Enough is certainly enough. Clowns will stay clowns. After all, PWO will go back to being a happy little circus.

WarEagle

Clippy, i consider you a friend, and respect what you have said. Im not bashing, but the issue is pretty transparent. Im not sure if you are even considering my post in your own, but since i did call bluerise by name i feel that you were. Everything i have said, is true. If that is to be considered "bashing", then id rather not be a part of a community that cannot admit their own flaws. Recognizing your own shortcomings is a positive thing, not a negative one.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Okay, I'm going to say one thing here. Whether you all decide to scorn or continue to support us Staff for whatever level of involvement you may believe we had or had not in Shane's leaving (and let me tell you, there's a whole OTHER side to the story you guys AREN'T hearing from him), the fact of the matter remains that there are still rules and guidelines here in the PWO Forum that don't go out of the window just because a Staff member has created drama. If this thread is simply going to descend into personal attacks against individual PLAYERS, and insults against individuals as well as the Staff as a whole just because you have an opposing view and don't know how to keep it civil, action will be taken. This is dangerously close to Flame War territory, and Flame Wars are not what Forums are about.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Pretty much the exact reply I expected Saurus, predictability is one thing the people here never seems to disappoint. Um and yea he was guaranteed to drop it or just go inactive again or completely drop it like his heromon project.
All the complaints seem to be copy pasted tbh he was here for 2 months and did more that staff in years from almost every one, but again his code that others could not properly work on that's why pwo been in the slow developing pace its been in since I got here atleast. And brown nosing no sir common sense I watch from a distance you learn more that way. I have been in enough fan based projects like this to see the obvious right in front of me and him not being with project long was as clear as day, but most were to blinded by updates to figure it out it seems.

Buggot

Jinji said:
Okay, I'm going to say one thing here. Whether you all decide to scorn or continue to support us Staff for whatever level of involvement you may believe we had or had not in Shane's leaving (and let me tell you, there's a whole OTHER side to the story you guys AREN'T hearing from him), the fact of the matter remains that there are still rules and guidelines here in the PWO Forum that don't go out of the window just because a Staff member has created drama. If this thread is simply going to descend into personal attacks against individual PLAYERS, and insults against individuals as well as the Staff as a whole just because you have an opposing view and don't know how to keep it civil, action will be taken. This is dangerously close to Flame War territory, and Flame Wars are not what Forums are about.

Now that I have heard one side of the story from someone, I have to say that until the other side (if there is one) is explained, the majority of people will go with what they did see. I'm kinda disappointed that things went this way, when the staff stressed that the players be civil but (as far as I know) did not even stick to it themselves. I guess I'll wait until the "statement" is released, and see if I can find any logic in there.

Jinga

Shane you did great work within two months and we all PWO members Thankyou and wish you luck for your future :) :)

Pastor-Of-Muppets

Ramensnoodle said:
I agree with you here Ramen, and the point about the code being the reason why its taken so much longer to progress and why he was able to fix it so quickly. Although I am sure that Shane is talented regardless. I love it that players seem to want to defend him to the core and cry out that the current staff suck when they are the ones that stuck around when Shane left previously. This seems to be a recurring cycle of things. Sure some the current staff may have handled things improperly but the degree to which Shane was operating was both damaging and unprofessional.
It saddens me that things came about this way. The best thing to do is move on from this and learn from it.

Clippy

WarEagle said:
Clippy, i consider you a friend, and respect what you have said. Im not bashing, but the issue is pretty transparent. Im not sure if you are even considering my post in your own, but since i did call bluerise by name i feel that you were. Everything i have said, is true. If that is to be considered "bashing", then id rather not be a part of a community that cannot admit their own flaws. Recognizing your own shortcomings is a positive thing, not a negative one.

I consider you a friend also, I also accept that you have a different opinion on this matter and I am sorry if you felt singled out that was not my intention at all... I was just trying to highlight that I felt it unfair for EVERYONE who said bad things about the current staff to do so whilst only having half the story... I mean I understand you guys are upset but even so...

Becky

Well, that's unfortunate. I don't know what happened exactly, but I think there's a lack of communication within the administration. I'm a staff member in a simulator on the game Second Life, so I know what kind of drama and troubles get around in admin chats. I just hope you all can work it out and the game can continue functioning as normal. Good luck to the staff members, and to the players speaking horrible things about the staff members: Please don't. They help run the game, they are the reason it's still up (As well as the loyal fanbase). But I just don't think it's a grand idea to attack them no matter what they did or have done in the past. I'll continue playing occasionally as I believe things are bound to improve as time goes on.

Merse

Youngster
If Shane really left, then this is the end of PWO indeed. Not because I'm overly pessimistic, but let's see the facts here. Xan is the only one left who even remotely understands the game's code. Shane left. Teck also left and I doubt she would return, and she had very limited knowledge about the game, even though she made the most of it. Xan can't be considered as a developer as he didn't write a bit of code since I play POW. He just controls the donators money and occasionally changes servers, but that's about all of his contribution to the game.

In short: We have nobody left who could develop this game, and there are many half-finished features that will never be completed now. Sure you could say that a new guy could learn the code and continue on. That was Teck and she didn't get that far before she left after about one year of hard work. Or you could hope that somebody will write a brand new client. That was Hardcoreh and he left also, not being able to finish his work. Sure you can be enthusiastic at first and you may even has the skill, but without someone who could teach you how to work with this game, you will get nowhere. Players gonna leave within a few weeks if they realize that the game has no future any more to wait for. No new regions, no new missions, no new features... Why would they stay? Most of us stay here because of the promise of a more complex game and for the regular updates. Without those what would we look forward to?

And should I say point it out that we have basically no active staff members left?
Fonty is here, but that's about it... Lumi is here occasionally, Choco, Pansy, Blue and Artic are sometimes here but mostly they aren't. We have no staff members left and so the game will fall apart rapidly.

It is kinda ridiculous but I really hope that the accusations about Xan taking away some of the PWO donations would be true because then he could be interested enough to recruit and teach some new staff members and save PWO from falling apart. Otherwise this game has a few months tops.

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
Merse said:
Fonty is here, but that's about it... Lumi is here occasionally, Choco, Pansy, Blue and Artic are sometimes here but mostly they aren't. We have no staff members left and so the game will fall apart rapidly.

I'm around. I spend a lot of my time lurking the forums and 6 hours roughly in game a day.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Merse said:
Lumi is here occasionally, Choco, Pansy, Blue and Artic are sometimes here but mostly they aren't. We have no staff members left and so the game will fall apart rapidly.
Lumi left Staff too and you forgot Brennan. >.<

Edit:I guess Donar, James, Rig, Creo and Fonty are also around... :p

mad30

Youngster
Merse said:
Teck also left and I doubt she would return,
Not in any foreseeable future, blame tecks irl job.

try looking at the situation from another angle. Shane was never here, the server just suddenly had a massive update form some unknown person. Was the game dead before shane came? no, dying? maybe. Wasn't dead before, why would it be dead now AFTER A MASSIVE UPDATE????

Merse

Youngster
Whatever... My point is that we have literally no developers left with many projects being only half done and some changes that are highly anticipated. Why would anyone stay on a boat with no crew?

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
This was supposed to be one of those replies i make that i never submit.
I don't have the energy to combine all that i want to write.. because Monster and It's Time are more important than anything in the world.
I may edit this so that it makes more sense, but for now im throwing in scrapes out of my mind for whoever can understand it. That sentence didnt make sense either. So for now, bear with these unorganized rants.

First of all, i dont know more than half of the story, so whichever part of this you like, take it in.

Some people are wondering why this is such big of an issue. DEVs have left before eh?
People were tired of the way things were.
Shane was here, they got a taste of real progress..
No he wasnt the only person to do things. But there is a reason half the community is on his side, HE DID THINGS.
He is gone, Who wants to go back to the way things were? Nobody. Hence, the rant.

Pansy said:
You can thank Shane for having no DEV's left...
Seriously? If there is anything that doent need to be done right now is that you guys point fingers.
You may be tired of the way people are reacting and being narrow minded. But you wouldve done the same if you didn't know everything.
If you are talking of coreh, Shane might have been a small %age of the reason why hardcoreh left. But you cant blame him for being impatient. He knew he could make changes with a new client. Better make his own than wait for one that didnt have a date.
It doesnt mean i have anything against Hardcoreh. I always admired him/her. And he mustve felt bad to see his works simply go to trash. But doesnt this happen in life?

I'm still waiting for you guys to tell eveyone your side of the story. Almost no player knows everything about what happened.

The staff broke down, as a whole, including Shane. Everyone made mistakes.

Some of the players who are IRC sided might want to act as wise-gandalfs here. But bros, you dont know stuff either. Shane didnt jsut coem back to be a hero, nor did he go away the last time for sheetz and giggles. You can NOT deny he has done a lot of stuff we wanted. I know he will be gone and i should start licking up to the current staff but im just letting out what i feel.

I respect Bluerise and what he has done. I don't understand where or how he insulted Shane. If anything, he has been defending him and trying to stop this nonsense. I'd appreciate it if they could talk this out.

Hire some new people. Everyone says that, you know that, you're working on that. But if me repeating it makes any difference, FIND MORE DEVS.
Playerdex... Are you not tired of it yourself? There has to be something you can do.

I can't say is making Bis admin was good or not. Even though it looks like that was the main cause of all of this feckery, i'll stay quite on the matter.

Why arent we just quitting this game? Hope, and the community. We've been here all this while and seen the ups and down. We can stay here a bit longer if we can just for once see it stand back up. [And Baiibybunny =D]

Let this war happen, let people take their hearts out. Time to clear some issues.

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
Just to point out, developers do NOT need something to explain a code for them in order to understand it and continue working on it. Otherwise, there wouldn't be an open source community in the world.

it may seem like we do not have active developers at the moment, but it doesn't mean we will not get any in the future.

Judging that the game is dying because of some staff left the project only means that you see PWO in certain persons, which, to me, means that you see PWO smaller than it is in reality and diminishing what it really is. A project should never depend on persons, and PWO do not depend on specific persons to live. People will come and go, but I'm sure PWO will stay as long as its players are supporting it to stay alive.

That was my personal opinion, take it or leave it, but at the end of the day, we should never forget to respect ourselves first, and others, who are just saying their opinions and might actually be our PWO's friends that we used to play along with them for years now.

Thanks everyone, and good luck to you and PWO.

Status
Not open for further replies.