Farewell PWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boora

Youngster
seriously, the best i had to look forward too when i was playing is an hunting Event once every blue moon, (that includes updates)
now every time i check out the forums there is a new update, like 4 this month, i'm assmuing its thanks to shane
so stop being immature and childish, and just talk to him, or you wont have any players left at this rate...
i mean look at it this way, more updates in 1 month then 3years ? around that ?....

Mamous

My 7 days impressions :

i came back to PWO 7 days ago after a 6 month break from this game.
When i came back i realized that many changes were made , starting from Shiny IV's to MOVES fixes , and some other bug fixes , even tho i do not like the new shiny system , i still think its for the best for new players (didnt gave much tought to the shiny ivs changes to be honest) therefore best for the game .
In 7 days , i saw shane's log beeing updated like 6-7 times , ive seen shane in game like 3 times ( by seeing i mean , he was on the same MAP that i was on that time , which is ALOT) and tons of time in the chat , which is more than i've seen staff in the past.

what im trying to say is that in these 7 days PWO looked better than before , but i realize now , maybe its time for another 6 months break .

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
We will be releasing a statement in the next few days in regards to this incident, until then we wish people to remain calm. We wish the best to Shane in what ever he decides to do next.

G

There is no need for a biased statement of whatever it is that you're writing up.

I dislike the current work environment, makes me unhappy.
And I choose to leave.

Simple. End of story..

Jinga

Shane said:
There is no need for a biased statement of whatever it is that you're writing up.

I dislike the environment, makes me unhappy.
And I choose to leave.

Simple. End of story.
Are u joking u dont like enivronment and you are unhappy.
Comeon this is not a good reason Shane even for a excuse :( :( .

WarEagle

Does this statement include a punishment for the childish staff members who decided it best to speak badly of Shane in the very public eye of all chat?

Clippy

Actually I think that is a very good reason to leave something... if you are uncomfortable with your surroundings you are very unlikely to stay in that environment... however that does not give anyone the right to start pointing fingers as it seems to me like some of you have been doing, I could be wrong about that... that's just how it seems to me.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
I still can't really believe what happened...bis eastwood was promoted to administrator.... and after several minutes he was congratulated in game channel.. we found that he got demoted. Well for that one...that was actually to expect..because he wasn't loved much among staff. Most of the staff who left dislikes bis. disliking someone shouldn't be reason not to accept someone. totally wrong staff selection you got there. as it was previously said that is the group of people with same way of thinking. If they don't think same they wouldn't be recruited or they would be voted out. I really don't have anything against anyone but I felt very bad and so sad when I heard who are the hidden staff...and personally what happened is really not mature. If 1000 people tells you that what are you doing is wrong then ask yourself...you have one of the best community on planet where people hope and wait for you to make move. this is not small thing. starting from staff we all put some time here and effort. we should bleed together even die together but not throw rocks at each others. but what happened is not right. no one should be celebrating here. its simple..guy was made to leave by showing him he is not wanted...and that all happened because you all had wrong ideology to start with. Shane came into graveyard where no flower is growing. this all could be different..please try to communicate and fix this matter .... on side note I want to leave few images Shane used to show us on Xat feeling together every moment. is all this people are throwing away? http://i.imgur.com/UCXjZYR.jpg http://i.imgur.com/SWHrHp0.png http://i.imgur.com/FKj0RgV.png http://i.imgur.com/WEbljcf.png http://i.imgur.com/eD57UpM.png i think i should add this video too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPP1pff_RrE

nemo55

Clippy said:
Actually I think that is a very good reason to leave something... if you are uncomfortable with your surroundings you are very unlikely to stay in that environment... however that does not give anyone the right to start pointing fingers as it seems to me like some of you have been doing, I could be wrong about that... that's just how it seems to me.

You speak the truth, but see the thing is, Shane is priority, others aren't sadly. So the others should be leaving the environment rather then him. Clearly they can't mesh together..

I.Am

Usually i dont like to begging but PWO really need you Shane. Maybe the environment quite harsh right now but you guys can work it out even though i am not a staff or know what exactly is going on right now. But please stay.

Friko

farewell to the king:

lost and in chaos a king was our need
we saw a master in power
he showed us his ways of power indeed
he added to the world all hours
Shane the king! long live this master at heed!
his people would shout on their screens
suddenly the world goes all black
time stops and the world does cry for the king
shane has left us may the angels all sing
"farewell farewell farewell to the pwo king"

ababa,cd,eee

TheWyatt2012

Restlesswaistland said:
reported to Nintendo? you make me laugh. PWO in no way shape or form break the terms or copy right laws. they don't claim to own nor be apart of Nintendo. they do not make a profit themselves yet receive donations for server Maintenance and server cost. so please explain to me what will happen if reported? if i am not mistaking this has happened in the past and the game was on a hold. but wait it is still going... hmmm

I'll reply to this though it's rather off-topic. We are technically violating copyright laws and we have gotten a cease & desist letter from Nintendo before, which basically means "shut the game down or we take legal action". We managed to avoid it by moving our server to Sweden where international laws do not apply. The C&D was avoided because we sneakily found a loophole. The avoidance of the C&D does not mean that PWO is legal.

If I recall Nintendo can still do something, although I'd assume it would take a lot more resources. But that's just a guess.

Saurus

Banned
All the fun happens in my absence.

Truth be told. Shane is a great guy. I'm glad he stood up for himself and I respect his decision.

Teesel

Shane was the only person, who was able to improve and fix PWO in a very short time. I don't know if current staff tried to destroy Shane because of his talent but I know if Shane won't return, it will be the beginning of the end of PWO...
Shane as DEV should be able to choose the right people who do not pose any problem and let him to work. I love every single update made by Shane, he really wanted to help (the SS and video posted by Fadoka looks great!) and I don't want it ruined because of staff's childishness :/

Saurus

Banned
Teesel said:
I don't know if current staff tried to destroy Shane because of his talent

This is exactly what I had in mind too.

The difference between Shane and certain staff members is that the staff members made promises and delivered nothing. Shane didn't make promises but delivered more than I anticipated.

Forgive me if i'm being brutally honest but you won't get any lies from me unfortunately.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I think things came in a very large degree of personhood; and the lack of dialogue led to the situation in which we now live. Staff was more professional in other moments than now and due to the thoughtless actions we lost very significant members. However this is only a game, but a game in which all of us dedicate a large part of our lives during years. And it seems that few don't mind losing all that effort. So many things have passed away and were overcome... But now everything is past. I'm very very sad facing this situation. :(

Thank you Shane for everything you've made for PWO all this time. You made most of the things that were told impossible in less time than all others could do minor fixes. Thank you again guy. I hope I can see you around anytime~

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Why did I know this was coming after I saw that Shane was back and other staff left shortly after, sometimes things are just so predictable.
Correct me if I'm wrong as I might be but wasn't the reason PWO been stuck being under-developed for so long was because of none being able to work on the code which was why there was another client being devoloped. So Shane working on the server was him just having access to code he helped create so ofc things are going to be released more frequently. Not that I'm saying the recent updates were bad or something but come on that's common sense he created it ffs. I dont know all what happened but I love how all the current staff getting insulted and whatever like pwo would still be around if they wasn't here to keep it alive. I mean was Shane secretly here working magic after the Zido rage wipe? or the countless ddos attacks? Even Xan is unavailable when he is need because of his real life. So if it wasn't for those staff you hating on there would be no server for Shane to come back to in the first place.
Being somewhat a lurker i tend to see things a lil differently and it was obvious Shane wasn't going to stay with PWO long this time again it was predictable and I know everyone of you wont agree but its the truth. I mean since I started this game in 2011 I have only seen him ingame like clockwork every year for the xmas event briefly at most. He might of let what ever issue he had with staff be the public reason he left but I very much doubt that was it his plan to rejoin Pwo for the long haul again.
Anyways in your brief time back you released some nice updates even though some minor stuff I didn't fancy to much but good all the same, pwo will still be around if you do decide to visit again.

Clippy

Ramensnoodle said:
Why did I know this was coming after I saw that Shane was back and other staff left shortly after, sometimes things are just so predictable.
Correct me if I'm wrong as I might be but wasn't the reason PWO been stuck being under-developed for so long was because of none being able to work on the code which was why there was another client being devoloped. So Shane working on the server was him just having access to code he helped create so ofc things are going to be released more frequently. Not that I'm saying the recent updates were bad or something but come on that's common sense he created it ffs. I dont know all what happened but I love how all the current staff getting insulted and whatever like pwo would still be around if they wasn't here to keep it alive. I mean was Shane secretly here working magic after the Zido rage wipe? or the countless ddos attacks? Even Xan is unavailable when he is need because of his real life. So if it wasn't for those staff you hating on there would be no server for Shane to come back to in the first place.
Being somewhat a lurker i tend to see things a lil differently and it was obvious Shane wasn't going to stay with PWO long this time again it was predictable and I know everyone of you wont agree but its the truth. I mean since I started this game in 2011 I have only seen him ingame like clockwork every year for the xmas event briefly at most. He might of let what ever issue he had with staff be the public reason he left but I very much doubt that was it his plan to rejoin Pwo for the long haul again.
Anyways in your brief time back you released some nice updates even though some minor stuff I didn't fancy to much but good all the same, pwo will still be around if you do decide to visit again.

I completely 100% agree with you Ramen, infact I know for a fact (infact scratch that bit... I was told that... so I can't say I know for a fact... bad wording on my part) Shane was going to leave regardless... just not this soon... but either way alot of people seem to have forgotten that this is a farewell thread for Shane and not a bash the current staff thread, it is kinda starting to annoy me how everyone is just attacking certain members of the staff whilst only knowing half the story... so I would take it under advisement from this point onward that everyone just says goodbye to Shane in a polite civilised manor and returns to life as normal.

drago68575

Well Shane, although I want to understand clearly the reasons of why you are leaving, all I can say at the moment is:
Shane, as player I didn't get to know you well, but I could see clearly that you have a vision, a vision on improving for everyone this project, your project. I knew that GMs, GEs, and ADMs shared your vision, and they make a great work too, but it was you the one that get things moving. Now, I don't know whats gonna happen. I'm sure from all the staff, or even from a player, another like you will rise, but we will miss you Shane
Best Wishes, from all PWO

Status
Not open for further replies.