Farewell PWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Restlesswaistland

reported to Nintendo? you make me laugh. PWO in no way shape or form break the terms or copy right laws. they don't claim to own nor be apart of Nintendo. they do not make a profit themselves yet receive donations for server Maintenance and server cost. so please explain to me what will happen if reported? if i am not mistaking this has happened in the past and the game was on a hold. but wait it is still going... hmmm

Balo92

Dat game without Shane = lot of tears !!!

...i cant believe on dat.... :(

DomT.

Youngster
Some Moments With You :'( :'( ;)
2rfbzom.jpg

23kdmqw.jpg

4utk41.jpg

sc6mia.jpg

11tvscz.jpg

2m3iav6.jpg

24zgc2p.jpg

6hrsiv.jpg

vdic9h.jpg

nzn3o9.jpg

Dont Worry i will take care of Your Ampharos :'( :'( ,Fare well Dude
xf6hid.jpg

Nightmare!

Some of you people are saying that the game is gonna down or that its going to suck , but the true is that even though Shane did great updates in such less time and found solutions to most bugs that rest of the staff weren't able to fix doesn't mean is the end of pwo, u guys are all talking about how much great Shane did but barely appreciate the rest of the staff that have stick with the project and have helped with what they are capable of.

LordBelemuel

Although I don't play anymore i kept a keen eye on the updates you made and I must say that those updates are awesome and its a shame that you are leaving you were a great DEV, just I guess things happen that are uncontrollable sometimes.

Anyway Shane hope you have a great time at whatever you may be doing.

I.Am

Wow. I just woke up and this happened. Speechless. I hope you dont leave Shane. If this about other PWO staff just ignore them because you are PWO god. Haha. But if the reason you leaving because of personal real life stuff then i wish you good luck and thank you for everything you done in PWO. I hope Blue, Xan and rest of other staff can continue your work and release the coded dusk stone to public. Ops. Jk. Haha.

Its quite funny me and you came back into this game at the same time ( around May 2014 ) but i am still here and you leaving. But that is your choice, hopefully one day you will return to PWO. :)

WarEagle

I dont have a lot to lose anymore with this game, so ill take this time to speak my mind.
Let me first start by saying, Shane is a wonderful person. Not even game related, he is an awesome guy. I havent been playing PWO for years, and quite frankly, i dont care what happened before my time here. Shane left, to better himself, and joined the military. There is absolutely no shame in that at all. When he made his comeback, and started gaining a fanbase of his own, it seems some people got a little jealous. Thats just my opinion, and what some NOT ALL "staff" actions show. I stumbled upon this game a few months ago, while i was bored. I started playing and once i finished the gyms, i quickly realized, this game is dead. There is nothing to do but walk in circles and hope to find a rare pokemon with some sparkles. I began to get bored rather quickly. Enter Shane. He came out of nowhere, and suddenly there were weekly client updates. Moves that had been broken long before i arrived were being fixed, Items added, pokemon added, peoples opinons heard and put into effect, Shane saved this game. You had people getting bored, and leaving because of a lack of improvements and a lack of updates. You were in the process of making some major improvements and building your fanbase. People were giving the game a second chance. A staff that supposedly cared about this game were mortified. How can this guy just come in and get all the glory? The answer is simple. He put in the work that needed to be put in. Work that could have and should have been done a long time ago. You were removing things because they didnt work, and not fixing them. Even you, Bluerise, didnt start putting an apparent effort into anything until Shane started making updates. You tried to sabotage the game by dropping shiny Ivs, some people stuck it out and gritted their teeth although they really didnt like it because they realized they still had updates that were positive to look forward to. You dont progress by forcing out the MVP of your team, in fact it take a huge leap back. I really dont care who does or doesnt like what i have to say. If it angers you, its simply because its the truth. It is one thing to have inner circle issues in private, but exposing those issues to everyone in all chat is disgraceful. Everyone was aware most of the staff had issues with Shane, and there was no reason to confirm those rumors in a public setting.Like ive heard so many times in the chat, keep it PG, how come nobody told the staff to keep it professional? Why does Shane have to go, and nobody is penalized for their wrongdoings in the situation? It goes back to what i said earlier. Jealousy. Shane put a lot of hours and hard working into coding, and hasnt made a cent off of it. That wasnt even an issue, he did it because he wanted to improve and give a new life to this game. client 2.0 was going to be outstanding. I havent seen any of the current staff step up like Shane has. When i first got here, i often wondered what staff was for other than banning people and moving them when they got stuck. People dont even get stuck anymore, thats another small but huge thing he fixed. Instead of bashing the guy, you should all be thanking him, because he is the only reason this game is thriving now. That soon will change, and things will go back to how they once were. Lack of updates, Lack of effort, Lack of players,Lack of enthusiasm. Maybe you people feel as if ive overstepped with this..and thats fine by me. Do i feel bad for writing this? not at all. so when you read this, and you ban me, because theres little doubt that i will have annoyed or angered you, and your only ability to retaliate is to ban my account, just know that you have nobody to blame but yourselves for the demise of this game. While Shane thrives elsewhere, and those C&D letters finally catch up to you guys ( nobody is stupid here ) and you dont have this game any longer to "improve" if thats what you guys think you are doing, just know that you could have atleast been a great game for the time period, and not a mediocre one. Ill stop there. Im out.

rainion

Bluerise said:
scottyscene said:
Welp Shane... I know how the other staff is so I can only only imagine what happened... seems like this game has gone down the toilet since you left.. it started to come back alive when you came back... now.. it's only a matter of time before it actually dies if you leave.. so since Shane is leaving, they're really isn't a reason to actually stay with this game. we are going to go back to the way it was... very few to none updates... the updates we do get will be retarded and none useful...

So this is my departure also.. Hope you all enjoy a dead game
Leaving for real this time? :)

any wonder all this is kicking off when the staff are acting like this towards the players other than explain wtf is going on they start school yard trolling..... pathetic sort your selves out this is disgraceful, if u spend more effort sorting the game out and working out your differences then everything will be sweet and things can carry on as normal, but instead they decide to troll lol.....

pieoffury

cesarsbs said:
shane was better, now will not have anyone to replace , game and never go out of beta, almost 10 years online, I saw no results , It's a pity ,
will stay corrupt now, should be informed and reported to nintendo
Almost 10 years online? Game was released in december 2007...

Franc92

Youngster
I think all of us will quit toghether with you then, starting from me.

Gol.D.Roger.

Seriously i dont know where PWO is going, Staff who really cares for game, want to take this game at a higher level are leaving, and more than that others are just allowing them to leave... If i am not wrong, Shane is the one who did so many nice updates in just two months which no one really cared to update earlier for years...and even if doing so he is not getting appreciated for his efforts then i just wish you a very good luck PWO, thats the best i can say...GOOD LUCK

And Shane, I wish i had powers to bring you back again, call me a selfish coz you did something amazing in pwo which no one else couldnt...For me and more than me for players and pwo you did every possible thing you can and gave your very best to improve the game...i wont say you good bye coz i know you will be back, something will make this miracle to bring you back in pwo with us again.. :)

pkorex

oh man i hoped its just a rumor then i see this :( i made friends really fast and some are gone fast too, i guess this is how it meant to be. im really looking forward for your game, it looks promising and i cant wait to play it.
i hope you will find success in everything you do, you already proven that here in PWO and i hope to see you someday at PWO.
we had the pleasure having you playing with us, helping us and develop the game.
GoodLuck on everything you do and before i forget:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OYw7FPB7CE

Mastergam

only one word to say ... Thank you. You will be greatly missed for everyone here.

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
Farwell Shane, king of the mrrs.
Your accouunt will decay, but your code lingers on.
And your dear friends find solace, the loss they have sustained.
[Yes, i just did that.]

You did well. I'm sad about what happened and i really think both sides were wrong. There should not have been two different sides to begin with.
I hope the current staff can bear with how the players are reacting. And the players try to understand all point of views.

Certainly, there are changes that need to take place. And i hope we all work together for them.
Till then, Let us all wish for a better future for PWO.

???

Julia

Ditto spoke well. +1 from me.

Thank you for your work, Shane.

SpaceMonkey

Sorry to hear you go Shane. :(
I was really looking forward to all your updates and enjoying the ones you already made. Deep down I still hope that you will be able to figure things out with other staff members and continue to do your magic.
If not, than thank you for everything you did and I wish you best of luck in future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.