Blue's Log Of Updates

Adriancik

yes,i need that pokedex mart because it takes too much time to go to that trade city

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Due to the planned Playerdex update that includes a redesign as well as layout changes, it's easier for us to hold up the Mart for this big update which is expected late May, early June.

Adriancik

well, at least return the game mart even glicthed i don't think there will be many glitches in it in less than a month,then u can delete it and put on playerdex

Maideza

Adriancik said:
well, at least return the game mart even glicthed i don't think there will be many glitches in it in less than a month,then u can delete it and put on playerdex

Please never become a game developer.

Adding something glitched, on purpose, is the worst thing to do.

Adriancik

Maideza said:
Adriancik said:

I never intended to become one, and what's the purpose in using it if you're saying that you don't need it, just use the NPC's and the rest leave to others,for example i never had glitches with the Mart that's why im not against it, so what's the purpose of removing it,just announce that you release it for ones who want to Buy/Sell and say that you are not responsible for any glitches and that's all,i don't think that even if someone criticizes you about this decision will change anything.

Maters

Adriancik said:
Maideza said:
Adriancik said:

I never intended to become one, and what's the purpose in using it if you're saying that you don't need it, just use the NPC's and the rest leave to others,for example i never had glitches with the Mart that's why im not against it, so what's the purpose of removing it,just announce that you release it for ones who want to Buy/Sell and say that you are not responsible for any glitches and that's all,i don't think that even if someone criticizes you about this decision will change anything.

So what if YOU never had glitches with the mart, it doesn't mean it wasn't glitched.

Many people lost valuable Pokemon because of it.

Why keep it if it's going to cause the same problems? Would you rather lose valuable Pokemon due to a glitch, or would you rather have to go through a little inconvenience about buying items?

Pretty easy choice, if I do say so myself.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
The main problem with adding disclaimers to things is people don't read.

They'd use the mart, lose their pokemon, and complain.

If I remember correctly, there were around 400+ lost pokemon/items floating around. Any other staff feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, haha. Either way, that glitch was actually very common and happened to several people. Adding it back to the game so that people don't have to walk as far would not justify the problems it would cause, in my opinion.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
There were over 500+ stored pokemon left in the Mart in the end with quite a lot of items still remaining too. Simply to suggest adding back the Mart on a temporarily basis just to please you because it worked for you is awfully stupid. It will just lead to complaints etc from other players and in the end wasting people's time. Plus the fact that it's not so simple considering the code itself has been removed. It's not returning, now get over it and wait for the Playerdex Mart.

Adriancik

Isn't it easier to create a poll,to be sure that everyone wants to wait for the Playerdex Mart.If there will be more people that don't want it implemented back i will agree with it and won't bring back this topic.

Maideza

No.

Lee also just said, the code was deleted.

The easiest, and best thing, is that you wait those weeks it takes to update the site.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Adriancik said:
Isn't it easier to create a poll,to be sure that everyone wants to wait for the Playerdex Mart.If there will be more people that don't want it implemented back i will agree with it and won't bring back this topic.
*sigh*

The amount of time it would take to return the auction house would be better spent doing other things which actually please people and work.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Due to updates to the Token Store and the Mart opening up in the next few weeks, friend membership will only be available in the Token Store till this coming Friday. The Mart will have the option of allowing you to sell membership as an alternative (we may also have another alternative in place depending if we can get it in on time).

Also the Playerdex is expected to be offline for 2 hours from around 12pm (GMT). This is due to updates being made to the registration system. A new post will be made in this topic to cover the update once completed.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator

If you want to request an key for a friend, you can now do so. This will enter them via a separate queue in which the requests will stay in for up to 24 hours. 20 random requests (will be reviewed once we see numbers) will be picked from this queue for every sendout period.

Please note that you can only make 1 friend request overall if you have no badges and should you have at least one badge, you can make a friend request every 3 days.

We have made some updates to the alternative account system as well, this will no longer require you to enter an email.

ash.catchem

Youngster
Bluerise said:

If you want to request an key for a friend, you can now do so. This will enter them via a separate queue in which the requests will stay in for up to 24 hours. 20 random requests (will be reviewed once we see numbers) will be picked from this queue for every sendout period.

Please note that you can only make 1 friend request overall if you have no badges and should you have at least one badge, you can make a friend request every 3 days.

We have made some updates to the alternative account system as well, this will no longer require you to enter an email.
Good news.. I had to make an new account for my friend..

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Inactive accounts

Either next week or the week after, accounts last active before July 2010 will be deleted. We will be aiming to delete inactive accounts on a bimonthly (every 2 months) basis.

Cifra

Bluerise said:
Inactive accounts

Either next week or the week after, accounts last active before July 2010 will be deleted. We will be aiming to delete inactive accounts on a bimonthly (every 2 months) basis.
can't you just archive them? so returning players would have an option to request to have their accounts restored? i'm sure archived account info wouldn't take much space and resources, heck it wouldn't even have to be on the online server!

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
I'm against the idea you have proposed, mainly because if you can't even log in once every 2 years or so then there is no need for you to have an account and potentially bogging down the database. Plus to 'return' it, you would have to go through a staff member with database / server access - do you really want us resolving these as well?

G

I think clearing out inactive accounts is great, but I think every two months is a little extreme. Maybe 6 months to a year would work. Maybe I misread...

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Ghalian said:
I think clearing out inactive accounts is great, but I think every two months is a little extreme. Maybe 6 months to a year would work. Maybe I misread...
We're clearing them out every 2 months (so it reduces downtime).