August swarm

Feathers.McGraw

Youngster
Community Guide
17th August 19:00 UTC - 20th August 19:00 UTC at route 11.

mJPc1gj.jpg

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Really good seeing this happening especially with the current hard T5s being added on swarms so more people would enjoy them like Larvitar and now Bagon. Thanks for the hard work, it's always appreciated.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
I will resign from my job.
Hmm, not a bad idea.
That does seem the best solution when my job interferes with a swarm I'm interested in xD
Meh, but those pesky bills thingies...
Oh well always next time :,]

Lobonatico

Great!

| A fairly reminder:
normal.gif
Facade move is as important for Gliscor as for Breloom respectively. Can we hope for a fix?

And speaking of competitive, can we talk for a moment about moves such as

normal.gif
Frustration
x Return

(from GEN II to GEN VIII)
▝ ▞ ▝ ▞ ▝ ▞ ▝ ▞ ▝ ▞ ▝ ▞ ▝ ▞ ▝

As a replacement for the absent of Double-Edge from Gen III onwards as TM10 / Tutor, physical attackers were gifted with a strong zero-drawbacks normal move. Due to normal moves don't achieve super-effective bonus against anything, those moves based on trainer's friendship were most-the-time associated under STAB conditions.
normal.png
Well, these Pokémons face a certain disadvantage due to the lack of strong natural resistances against almost every type moves. I believe that with these moves around, we might witness more frequently constructed strategies and a small increase of Normal-type Pokémon in competitive scenarios. However, this is far from placing Normal-types on the same page as the current metagame contenders thanks to so many Fighting-moves. The official game scenario is even worst for those guys with pokémons such as Lucario, Conkeldurr, Mienshao, etc been a threat.

But those are far from been restricted for normal-types only.

This moves also helps other pokémons with a usable physical offensive stat but bad movepool do some decent damage.

normal2.png

other.png
Light Screen x Reflect

(from GEN III)

Despite of the fact it's not hard to find consistent usage of screeners in hyper offensive teams, many fragile sweepers gladly accepts the improved resistance from those moves so they can boost their stats and actually do something before they're gone. Those TMs also helps fillers (the ones on your team, outspeeded) to do checks instead of been severly damaged. Which is perfect fine because we can't predict opponent team, right?
normal3.png

So, after all the context presented and for a conclusion on this matter, i would love to see Facade been fixed and this mentioned TMs around for a slight breeze of variation (maybe swarm pkms holdin it?). But releasing stuff not working properly would be frustrating and also deceiving for new players. We can get it later if those fixes are in the table.

| Another suggestion: how are we doing with scheduling our berries? Lum Berry still needs work, so i'm concerned about the other berries.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Great!

And speaking of competitive, can we talk for a moment about moves such as

normal.gif
Frustration
x Return

(from GEN II to GEN VIII)

As a replacement for the absent of Double-Edge from Gen III onwards as TM10 / Tutor, physical attackers were gifted with a strong zero-drawbacks normal move. Due to normal moves don't achieve super-effective bonus against anything, those moves based on trainer's friendship were most-the-time associated under STAB conditions.
Well, these Pokémons face a certain disadvantage due to the lack of strong natural resistances against almost every type moves. I believe that with these moves around, we might witness more frequently constructed strategies and a small increase of Normal-type Pokémon in competitive scenarios. However, this is far from placing Normal-types on the same page as the current metagame contenders thanks to so many Fighting-moves. The official game scenario is even worst for those guys with pokémons such as Lucario, Conkeldurr, Mienshao, etc been a threat.

But those are far from been restricted for normal-types only.

This moves also helps other pokémons with a usable physical offensive stat but bad movepool do some decent damage.

other.png
Light Screen x Reflect

(from GEN III)

Despite of the fact it's not hard to find consistent usage of screeners in hyper offensive teams, many fragile sweepers gladly accepts the improved resistance from those moves so they can boost their stats and actually do something before they're gone. Those TMs also helps fillers (the ones on your team, outspeeded) to do checks instead of been severly damaged. Which is perfect fine because we can't predict opponent team, right?

So, after all the context presented and for a conclusion on this matter, i would love to see Facade been fixed and this mentioned TMs around for a slight breeze of variation (maybe swarm pkms holdin it?). But releasing stuff not working properly would be frustrating and also deceiving for new players. We can get it later if those fixes are in the table.
As for suggestions of fixing Facade and Lum berries, I thought it was pretty clear to you the other day on discord you talked about move animations that staff's priority is to focus on a main target which is Sevii I believe, before fixing some stuff. In fact, there are actually more important fixes for us PvPers like Magic Bounce, Trick and other moves/abilities that were requested earlier so I'm not really sure why PvP stuff are really meaningful to non PvPers.

Speaking of Non-PvPers, Weezing is a Special pokemon (uses spatk) and it's a pivot/wall so don't try return/frustration on it.
Also Wigglytuff is a doll so don't even catch one outside of Disney land.

My suggestion according to the current staff priorities that I already mentioned upwards:

1- Adding Light ball as an held item on the swarm. I know it's mostly coded but unreleased. It actually adds new pokemon to the PvP meta like Pikachu which provides more fun.

2- The addition of Reflect/Lightscreen TMs is actually good to have to open up new opportunities of strategies for PvPers.

3- The addition of Eggs like Munchlax egg. It refreshes economy and creates fun to any swarm.

Three ideas for two held pokemon that can be added without any problems/fixes.

Last edited:

ShinyMuskyEZ

Youngster
As for suggestions of fixing Facade and Lum berries, I thought it was pretty clear to you the other day on discord you talked about move animations that staff's priority is to focus on a main target which is Sevii I believe, before fixing some stuff. In fact, there are actually more important fixes for us PvPers like Magic Bounce, Trick and other moves/abilities that were requested earlier so I'm not really sure why PvP stuff are really meaningful to non PvPers.

Speaking of Non-PvPers, Weezing is a Special pokemon (uses spatk) and it's a pivot/wall so don't try return/frustration on it.

My suggestion according to the current staff priorities that I already mentioned upwards:

1- Adding Light ball as an held item on the swarm. I know it's mostly coded but unreleased. It actually adds new pokemon to the PvP meta like Pikachu which provides more fun.

2- The addition of Reflect/Lightscreen TMs is actually good to have to open up new opportunities of strategies for PvPers.

3- The addition of Eggs like Munchlax egg. It refreshes economy and creates fun to any swarm.

Three ideas for two held pokemon that can be added without any problems/fixes.
Moeee, I want moeeee

Lobonatico

Oh, so there is something in there that actually has to do with the subject at hand...
Correct.

I thought this time before ask i should explain why. And if its not on the devs table for discussion, maybe after some consideration - who knows maybe in a not so far away future?

i dont have a bug-fix calendar (and i understand why there is no such thing) but imagine if they scheduled the fix for 3 months from now (just an example right?), get stuff now for certain can't hurt if thats the case.

I may apologies tho, a handful other threads raised about bug fixes and discussions about moves, items, and abilities that aren't in the game yet don't seem fruitful as much as asking for swarm pkms holdin something during a swarm thats why i started asking in the first place.

And tbh if ANYthing of this is working (unobitained currently) - can't hurt having stuff right? But this should NOT be interpreted as a demand or something, thats why i started with 'Lets talk'.

1691758065980.png
thanks staff for all the effort!

Lobonatico

In fact, there are actually more important fixes for us PvPers like Magic Bounce, Trick and other moves/abilities that were requested earlier
Although we share the same aim for every possible content be there in the game. We must admit that Magic Bounce affect two pokémons and i read your statement about this ability x entry hazards and agree but what i suggested wasn't excluding your early suggestions or saying i need get stuff first.

Trick is working, but it seems Tutors are big events tied. I don't see obstacles in that. Sure, why not.

So I'm not really sure why PvP stuff are really meaningful to non PvPers.
Despite your provoking personality you answered your own sentence a few lines later. Using FUN as a factor despite of big pkm names and big numbers for PVP.

Along with others, yes, but Weezing has a 90 ATK base stat which is related to what i was saying about "usable physical offensive stats" if someone want why not, hit your opponent with something unexpected isn't something new.

Wasn't so hard to admit it right? Everyone wins.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
And tbh if ANYthing of this is working (unobitained currently) - can't hurt having stuff right?
This (as in your general point) is not so much the problem as much is a big rambling wall of text with only five words having anything to do with the actual subject. Something like that is better off being posted in the "Complaints" and/or "Suggestions" section instead of derailing a forum post intended to bring joy and excitement.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Although we share the same aim for every possible content be there in the game. We must admit that Magic Bounce affect two pokémons and i read your statement about this ability x entry hazards and agree but what i suggested wasn't excluding your early suggestions or saying i need get stuff first.

Trick is working, but it seems Tutors are big events tied. I don't see obstacles in that. Sure, why not.
Magic bounce affect two pokemon that will pretty much change the PvP meta since mostly everyone uses entry hazards. Those two pokemon could turn overused, especially one of them at least.

Trick is half working. Whenever you trick while holding a choice item, you're forced to use the move trick again next turn getting your item back.

And like I said earlier, this is a swarm thread not a bug fixing/suggestion thread.
Despite your provoking personality you answered your own sentence a few lines later. Using FUN as a factor despite of big pkm names and big numbers for PVP.
Don't mind my personality because you don't even know anything about it. You've been drown into some thoughts a while back and you're still affected by it. You have biased eyes towards some so I might seem like something to you but I'm closest to others so you wouldn't say.

Along with others, yes, but Weezing has a 90 ATK base stat which is related to what i was saying about "usable physical offensive stats" if someone want why not, hit your opponent with something unexpected isn't something new.
Yup, Weezing has a 90 base attack but normal type moves are usually bad for all type pokemon except for normal types themselves. This is because you don't get stab damage and because normal types can't be super effective against anything.

Wasn't so hard to admit it right? Everyone wins.
Yeah having duel screens is something great to have especially that they haven't been there for a while. Also, it's not that I wouldn't admit it when something makes sense. But I highlight what isn't in its place or what doesn't make sense too.

Anyhow thanks for the efforts done by staff and hopefully we will have a good swarm.