Search results

1. A

Beta?

Should the game ever come out of beta status, I think a good idea would be to "freeze" the beta world so people can still play in it, but subsequent updates are only applied to a fresh new server - what do you think? It doesn't wipe progress while encouraging people to migrate over to the new...
  2. A

What's changed?

Excellent! Seems like there's been nice and meaningful change, which is great - shows PWO is not declining still. I'll be eager to play with the new features once I have more free time, I just checked in for a quick peek this time.
  3. A

What's changed?

I've been away for a year or two, not sure how long exactly (I think the client version was still 1.8.x at that point). I was just wondering if anyone could give me a little recap of all the important changes that have happened to this game since then. I see there are now apparently EVs and...
  4. A

The game reset

True that. I'd like to see sources for that piece of statistic. Also, no. While I don't know exact statistics, experience shows that many people don't appreciate having all their work wiped out. There is also no point in resetting while it's still a beta. We can start thinking about resets when...
  5. A

24 Hour Time Between Battles

I suspect there is a mighty mess of a spaghetti code behind PWO which is probably part of the reason why development is fairly slow and fixes for such apparently simple issues are considered hard. I wish I could have a peek someday, but you know. ;)
  6. A

Some of you need to think

...Exeggcute. If you wanna make a joke, at least do it right!
  7. A

shiny pokemon

0,01220703125% for free players. 0,048828125% for members.
  8. A

PWO: Ruleset

Does point #7 mean that people who accept Pokes from others knowing that the Pokes were obtained through scamming will get punished and the Poke actually returned?
  9. A

Account reset?

Partly because botters are just like real-life criminals. The small-time crooks using poor methods get caught and destroyed by the police, but the criminals who make it really big, the businessmen and politicians in sterile suits and a really dark past prosper while their secrets aren't...
  10. A

Account reset?

How is it possible to tell the difference between a Pokemon gained legitly and one caught through botting? If it has legit moves and everything as usual, with only the owner having used an automated script to catch it, I don't realise how one could tell the difference. Forgive me if I don't just...
  11. A

To make hunting more interesting

You still underestimate the significance of the 1000 hours required. This game's been out for quite a few years now. How many people have surpassed 1000 hours altogether? How many of those spent all 1000 hours hunting for a single Pokémon? I still think a negligible amount of people will even...
  12. A

To make hunting more interesting

Spending 1000 hours (which, for most people, is more than their entire playtime so far) to reduce the chance of meeting a shiny rare from... say, 1/100000 to 1/25000? No, I don't think this will put a significant dent in the prices of anything. And who the hell does that anyway? It's just...
  13. A

Account reset?

Boy, ain't you the philosopher king...
  14. A

Why is the server always Crashing? And what are the updates

Re: Why is the server always Crashing? And what are the upda I use the singular 'they', generally, since people get all freaked out when I start using "shi", "sie", "ze" or such. Since English does not seem to have a language development committee, though, it is modified as dictated by popular...
  15. A

Why is the server always Crashing? And what are the updates

Re: Why is the server always Crashing? And what are the upda Ironically enough, the only two people who implied that were the two staff members. This, kids, is why you use gender-neutral pronouns to refer to people with ambiguous or unknown genders.
  16. A

Upcoming Server Downtime

I think you should start hanging out more with your friends, find a hobby you like, or perhaps even just try out a few other computer games. If PWO is your passion to such an extend that you feel "sad and bored" if it's offline, I feel sorry for you.
  17. A

Powerful grass types?

A good choice. Catching a new Oddish/Gloom and training it up is cheaper anyways, not to mention that the ubiquitous Bellsprout is better anyways (evolves into Victreebel which has Leaf Storm and such, as well as Sleep Powder and those other status moves, though you'll need to buy a Leaf Stone)...
  18. A

Your memorable screenshots?

Did you even catch it? Your team seems awfully weak to fire. ;D Also, grats.
  19. A

Duskull Appears PWO Shuts down.

You realise that's completely irrational, right? Finding and losing a (S) Rare or something else that's valuable can be disappointing, but it doesn't reduce your chances of obtaining another after the downtime. EDIT: Unless, of course, it's a choice between hunting 5 minutes before the downtime...