Why is the server always Crashing? And what are the updates

Sheena-Rose

This day really brings the Hell out of me. the server is always crashing and my Membership is almost done. If may i ask, what are the new updates?

Professor.Oak

Re: Why is the server always Crashing? And what are the upda

Please search the forums a bit next time, the topic regarding the updates is in the Announcements sections.
http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=23154

The crashing is due to bugs of the new updates, they're being worked on.

_2JZ_

i think thats it for another 12 hours till he awakes or another admin can fix the problem.

WillieWonka

Yea, Teck deserves a huuugeee break ~_~

Puar

Youngster

WillieWonka said:
Yes as a matter of fact he does. Or was that sarcasm?

Orean

Website
twitter.com

Shannen said:
This day really brings the Hell out of me. the server is always crashing and my Membership is almost done. If may i ask, what are the new updates?

To note, membership will be extended during extended periods of downtime. A script is used to to check the server status, and if the downtime period exceeds 90 minutes, the membership is extended by 45 minutes for every half hour of continuous downtime after that mark. However, I am afraid this does not apply to planned maintenance (namely that last night), as the server technically is online during such maintenance - just locked for staff access only.

Furthermore, ThuGie has looked into the sources of the crashes, much due to changes made last night, which I found out when testing with Tecknician. The newfound causes should hopefully be resolved by now.

WillieWonka

Puar said:
WillieWonka said:
Yes as a matter of fact he does. Or was that sarcasm?
No it wasnt lol. Teck deserves a huge break IMO, i think someone else should help out with the updates and let Teck take a catnap.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator

While it's nice that people want him on a break, there will be another set of players who would give you hell for treating yourself to a break.

TheWyatt2012

My OCD wants to punch all of you in the face for implying that Tecknician is a guy.

Algiers

TheWyatt2012 said:
My OCD wants to punch all of you in the face for implying that Tecknician is a guy.

Ironically enough, the only two people who implied that were the two staff members.

This, kids, is why you use gender-neutral pronouns to refer to people with ambiguous or unknown genders.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net

Algiers said:
TheWyatt2012 said:

Ironically enough, the only two people who implied that were the two staff members.

This, kids, is why you use gender-neutral pronouns to refer to people with ambiguous or unknown genders.
The problem there, is English does not have any officially-recognised pronoun that is both gender-neutral and singular. The common options of "them" or "they" are actually plurals; and though they have been conventionally (and validly, in my opinion) used AS singular gender-neutral pronouns for many years, the validity of this usage is constantly disputed. But this is an argument for a different community.

WillieWonka

Jinji is a spirit and know's more than i do >D:

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net

I could be a pedantic grammar Nazi sometimes, if I wanted to. But people seem to find that kind of people annoying.

Puar

Youngster

My stance on Teck's gender is the same as my stance for everyone else on the internet. Male until proven female. If Teck really wants to prove his gender to me we will have to do it via video chat where I ask him a series of indepth questions that only someone of staff would know. This is to prove that there is a female who I can see speaking, also I will be able to see that the said female is answering the questions promptly without having to rely on someone else.

The rest of you are welcome to continue believing that Teck is a female but Puar is not so easily fooled

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator

Shall we get back on topic now?...

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

Pansy said:
Shall we get back on topic now?...

Topic was server status originally so perhaps not. :p

Algiers

Jinji said:
Algiers said:
TheWyatt2012 said:

The problem there, is English does not have any officially-recognised pronoun that is both gender-neutral and singular. The common options of "them" or "they" are actually plurals; and though they have been conventionally (and validly, in my opinion) used AS singular gender-neutral pronouns for many years, the validity of this usage is constantly disputed. But this is an argument for a different community.

I use the singular 'they', generally, since people get all freaked out when I start using "shi", "sie", "ze" or such. Since English does not seem to have a language development committee, though, it is modified as dictated by popular demand, therefore if people start using something en masse, it effectively becomes canon.

I think there is something deeply misogynistic in Puar's "male until proven female" stance, such as the supposition that women have to go to great lengths to prove their genders while men don't.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net

Algiers said:
I think there is something deeply misogynistic in Puar's "male until proven female" stance, such as the supposition that women have to go to great lengths to prove their genders while men don't.
This reminds me of http://xkcd.com/322/ which echoes my own view on the Internet's lack of respect for women.

I WOULD now echo the previous Staff member's request to get this topic back on topic; but in all honesty, this topic shouldn't exist in the first place. The question has been answered before; and the topic sort of breaks the rule on "not asking about the Server Status". But I will leave it up to the other Staff whether this topic continues.

Sheena-Rose

Creobis said:
Shannen said:

To note, membership will be extended during extended periods of downtime. A script is used to to check the server status, and if the downtime period exceeds 90 minutes, the membership is extended by 45 minutes for every half hour of continuous downtime after that mark. However, I am afraid this does not apply to planned maintenance (namely that last night), as the server technically is online during such maintenance - just locked for staff access only.

Furthermore, ThuGie has looked into the sources of the crashes, much due to changes made last night, which I found out when testing with Tecknician. The newfound causes should hopefully be resolved by now.

Yeah, but buy the time i have some time to play the game, the server is always offline.. It really makes me mad sometimes. I only get to play 30 - 4 hours a day.. i cant maximize the usa of my membership.. :((

Sheena-Rose

I mean 30 minutes to 4 hours