Beta?

LegendaryWeiss

I started to play this, it says beta on the top of the client, is this just a beta stage until you make all the changes/fixes/improvements, then you will wipe the server and start again?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
The PWO Staff remain committed to the idea that we will never wipe account data, even after the project leaves beta, unless such action is made unavoidable. The exact plan for what will happen when we do leave Beta is still under discussion, but as we do not expect this to happen for a long time, it is currently of little concern anyway. However, I can guarantee that we do not want to have players who are playing today to feel like their progress now is completely wasted in future and will make every effort to avoid such an outcome.

LegendaryWeiss

Jinji said:
The PWO Staff remain committed to the idea that we will never wipe account data, even after the project leaves beta, unless such action is made unavoidable. The exact plan for what will happen when we do leave Beta is still under discussion, but as we do not expect this to happen for a long time, it is currently of little concern anyway. However, I can guarantee that we do not want to have players who are playing today to feel like their progress now is completely wasted in future and will make every effort to avoid such an outcome.

Ok, i was just asking because, as you know, i would not like to start playing a game that is wasting my time because of my progress being wiped out. Good to know i can play and spend time making progress on it ^-^

Algiers

Jinji said:

Should the game ever come out of beta status, I think a good idea would be to "freeze" the beta world so people can still play in it, but subsequent updates are only applied to a fresh new server - what do you think? It doesn't wipe progress while encouraging people to migrate over to the new world...

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Algiers said:
Jinji said:

Should the game ever come out of beta status, I think a good idea would be to "freeze" the beta world so people can still play in it, but subsequent updates are only applied to a fresh new server - what do you think? It doesn't wipe progress while encouraging people to migrate over to the new world...
That is one idea that we have marked down for future discussion...