Recent content by Algiers

1. A

Beta?

Should the game ever come out of beta status, I think a good idea would be to "freeze" the beta world so people can still play in it, but subsequent updates are only applied to a fresh new server - what do you think? It doesn't wipe progress while encouraging people to migrate over to the new...
  2. A

What's changed?

Excellent! Seems like there's been nice and meaningful change, which is great - shows PWO is not declining still. I'll be eager to play with the new features once I have more free time, I just checked in for a quick peek this time.
  3. A

What's changed?

I've been away for a year or two, not sure how long exactly (I think the client version was still 1.8.x at that point). I was just wondering if anyone could give me a little recap of all the important changes that have happened to this game since then. I see there are now apparently EVs and...
  4. A

The game reset

True that. I'd like to see sources for that piece of statistic. Also, no. While I don't know exact statistics, experience shows that many people don't appreciate having all their work wiped out. There is also no point in resetting while it's still a beta. We can start thinking about resets when...
  5. A

24 Hour Time Between Battles

I suspect there is a mighty mess of a spaghetti code behind PWO which is probably part of the reason why development is fairly slow and fixes for such apparently simple issues are considered hard. I wish I could have a peek someday, but you know. ;)
  6. A

Some of you need to think

...Exeggcute. If you wanna make a joke, at least do it right!
  7. A

shiny pokemon

0,01220703125% for free players. 0,048828125% for members.
  8. A

PWO: Ruleset

Does point #7 mean that people who accept Pokes from others knowing that the Pokes were obtained through scamming will get punished and the Poke actually returned?
  9. A

Account reset?

Partly because botters are just like real-life criminals. The small-time crooks using poor methods get caught and destroyed by the police, but the criminals who make it really big, the businessmen and politicians in sterile suits and a really dark past prosper while their secrets aren't...
  10. A

Account reset?

How is it possible to tell the difference between a Pokemon gained legitly and one caught through botting? If it has legit moves and everything as usual, with only the owner having used an automated script to catch it, I don't realise how one could tell the difference. Forgive me if I don't just...
  11. A

To make hunting more interesting

You still underestimate the significance of the 1000 hours required. This game's been out for quite a few years now. How many people have surpassed 1000 hours altogether? How many of those spent all 1000 hours hunting for a single Pokémon? I still think a negligible amount of people will even...
  12. A

To make hunting more interesting

Spending 1000 hours (which, for most people, is more than their entire playtime so far) to reduce the chance of meeting a shiny rare from... say, 1/100000 to 1/25000? No, I don't think this will put a significant dent in the prices of anything. And who the hell does that anyway? It's just...
  13. A

Account reset?

Boy, ain't you the philosopher king...
  14. A

Why is the server always Crashing? And what are the updates

Re: Why is the server always Crashing? And what are the upda I use the singular 'they', generally, since people get all freaked out when I start using "shi", "sie", "ze" or such. Since English does not seem to have a language development committee, though, it is modified as dictated by popular...