Your Best and Worst Years in PWO

QUESTION 1: Year you had the most fun?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• QUESTION 2: Year you had the least fun?

• Total voters

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
*** DO NOT VOTE FOR THE "QUESTION 2" OPTION. I couldn't set up two poll questions so I had to improvise.***
(Though I know some of you will anyway.)

Sorry, but if this is your first and only year here, please do not vote. Feel free to discuss your current experience though. If you did vote, feel free to say why one year was fun and another wasn't.

I'll start:
My best year here was arguably 2010; this is the year I was invited to be a staff member, and I loved being able to help players more. 2009 is a close 2nd, because I met many friends and joined a guild that has become dear to my heart, even up to today.

2011 was probably the worst year for me. I had to switch my staff rank to something less fun for me, got in several arguments with other staff, and many of my old friends had left/gone inactive by then. I remember feeling very distant from others at at the time.

Raimu_fox25

my best year is 2013 cause i joined in that year my worst was 2012 cause i never knew about this place :p

Saric

Youngster
My best year was probably 2008. I joined in 2008, and although I didnt interact with the community as much as now, I still had loads of fun.
2010 was probably my worst. This is the year that I joined back and saw that most of the people who I knew in 2008 have either been banned, or have all left.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]I'm a new player in this game, I have played for a year and a half and wasn't so interactive to the Community. So I don't have much to say about my past. However last year wasn't too good for me even I had done many friends here. And this year although the game economy deficits I caught some shiny pokémons (which I personaly like so much) that make me so happy. I learned to love the game and hope to stay here for a long time and then I'll can speak more about my past.[/glow] :)

MrFlare2

Youngster
2010 was my worst year with PWO. Why? I had literally 0 experience with the game, was a complete noob, and didn't play for long. My best year, however, had to be a tie between 2011 and 2012. I met so many good friends and people in that year. Soo yeah.

Merse

Youngster
This is my second year and 2012 was much better than 2013. I had mroe things to do ingame and I had much better luck while hunting too, so I got a few very good Pokes back then. But in this year things didn't work out for me in PWO, and I aalso got bored a bit becasue there is less and less things to do, and I can't ffel any more that I'm going somewhere as I reached a status where I wish to compete with mass token sellers or the oldest veterans, but I'm not in their league (yet :p)

Edit: Oh yeah, and the long overdue major updates (Playerdex, client) are very discouraging too...

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Thes best year... hmm its a tie between 2008 and 2009, but I'd say 2009 (def my golden time)... there used to be lot of good people, good battlers, competitive guilds and many things that we won't see anymore (I hope we do in a near future). The worst year, this one (2013), while there are good things, the bad things are getting an incredible advantage over the good ones (besides the good updates), friends leaving, friends showing their mask, veterans getting banned, players not getting banned, myself getting inactive, and lot more.

darkshadow.

My best year was around 2011-2012 when i was getting to know better with the game and interact with the community, made new friends and start enjoying more the game. The worst year by far is 2013.. all my close friends or almost all left or ar inactive.. my interest went low to almost the point to want to leave.. The Halloween event got me back but my stupid luck gave me the ideia to finally leave this game but i have a small hope about my friends getting to play again/some new things added.

Faabz.

Youngster
My beast year was when I first joined (2012/2013).I was often on the Help Channel trying to learn and I became the guy how helps after some time.Also I managed to join Team Aqua where I met some of my best friends here in PWO.My worst year was the same because most of those friends either became inactive or got banned and it was harsh :/,my guild became pretty much inactive after my leader left so I stepped down too.I'm back once again to enjoy the new features and to meet my old friends again.

king1234

Youngster
I doubt that 2008-2010 will get much votes :). None the less, late 2009 to mid 2010 was the best time for me :)
Least fun, have yet to experience this :p

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
2010 and 2011 had a lot of downtime, though I would consider them my 'best' years of PWO since that was when I became active in the community and joined TD. And I can't forget the days of IPchat, many friends were met there waiting for the game's return, some of them are still around now as well :)

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
To be fair, you'll see a lot less people vote for 2008-2010 as there's much less people still active from that time period, myself included.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
EcoWOLFrb said:
To be fair, you'll see a lot less people vote for 2008-2010 as there's much less people still active from that time period, myself included.

Yes, I'm finding people vote (or are tempted to vote) for their first year here. That was something I was collecting data in order to see. My worst year was the best year to a lot of people, hah.

However, people's worse year seems to be their 2nd or 3rd year here, and its mostly due to their friends leaving according to comments here.

Nikola

Youngster
Late 2011 and early 2012. Kinda miss those times. Most of the older players stayed active till then I guess. We had different registration system then now, more user friendly only few times per month announced on the main page. Several bad things resulted from that, such as insane number of troll accounts (must love trolling). IRC was more lively then now and mutes were given constantly now barely anyone comes and if it comes they only ask if the game is offline. Things were much appreciated and not so easy to get. Who had max speed epic Dragonite or shiny Starmie back then was famous around the PWO globe. Slowly the game is getting more stable and something is being worked on. Performance itself is way more better. Updates are more professional comparing them from back then. Seeing how people are leaving lately or doing something else such as watching animes while the game is getting more professional I decided to go 2 years in past.

Troy121

As I've only been around for 1 3/4 years I can only compare 2012 and 2013. Both years had their ups and downs because of different reasons, so in the end I can't really say one was better than the other. Depending on how the rest of my second PWO year will be, my favour may shift to 2013.

Fionavara

best? when I met you ofc Zebra :p
2009 I got few shines but I made many friends.
Worst? I'd say this year,
2013 I got many shines but I lost many friends.

pieoffury

Best? 2013
Came back after 4 years. Met Gob and Reg and a lot of great people ;D 3 people even remember me from way back, Electro, Zebby, and 1 more guy, forgot his name lol

Worst? 2009
My 2nd year in PWO. My guild was disbanded at this time and decided to make a guild with the members who still wanted to stick together. After some time, all of 'em started to quit and I ended up quitting PWO during this year.