Wild Pokemon IV

magevideogames

Was checking my pokemon IVs today, and I realized they are less than stellar. This gave me the idea, would it be possible to implement another feature to the /iv command to tell you the IV of the wild pokemon you are in battle with? Would make hunting for replacement pokemon based on IV easier. Thanks for reading.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I'm also a hunter and your suggestion sounds me awesome, it would make the process of hunt easier than now. Although I don't agree with this feature for some obvious reasons; I think PWO really needs more features, but ones from handhelds games are more adequated, I guess. :p

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Revealing exact IVs of Pokémon BEFORE they're caught would just encourage elitism and damage the ecological balance of PWO by leaving the weaker Pokémon, who will have a tougher time surviving against predators, behind. It'd also give botters something to take advantage of in future bots. I cannot see this suggestion, as suggested here, happening personally.

Dovee

Youngster
As much as I would love this I also feel strongly against it, it takes away so much from the hunt of PWO. You should only know a Pokemons stats and potential once you actually catch it.

pieoffury

Doing so ruins the thrill of the hunt. It would a pointless hunt if you knew the IVs of every pokemon you encounter.

magevideogames

Looking at it from the opposite side I suppose it could be detrimental. However, in turns of the thrill of the hunt, I do not fully agree, as the IVs are still random and just because you can see before you catch, doesn't mean it won't take 100+ to find one with decent IVs.What if instead of knowing an exact figure, a ballpark range could be seen? For instance, if something has IV 10 in speed, it would show 10-15 or something along those lines?

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
magevideogames said:
Looking at it from the opposite side I suppose it could be detrimental. However, in turns of the thrill of the hunt, I do not fully agree, as the IVs are still random and just because you can see before you catch, doesn't mean it won't take 100+ to find one with decent IVs.What if instead of knowing an exact figure, a ballpark range could be seen? For instance, if something has IV 10 in speed, it would show 10-15 or something along those lines?

Are you suggesting fake IVs? :p
Just kidding, but I think don't knowing the IVs or just having a previous are almost the same thing at all, anyway you should catch the pokémon to know its IVs. I can't see the idea helpful.
>_>

magevideogames

I saw in another topic the idea of having the IVs popup in a window after you catch the pokemon. That could be a nice feature. Should be disabled by default of course. This way you can hunt, and still have access to the info without having to go to the pc.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
magevideogames said:
I saw in another topic the idea of having the IVs popup in a window after you catch the pokemon.

I guess you got a mistake. A window is supposed to pop up instead show up in the chat box when you send IVs of a pokémon you already caught. :p

magevideogames

Maybe I misinterpreted. But it would be a good idea. have the option of displaying the caught pokemon's info in a popup window. Then you would know if the one you just caught is good enough or if you still need to keep hunting. Without having to go all the way back to the pokecenter, pull the pokemon out of the pc and then /iv it.