Why so negative?

Tecknician

As this is a very popular asked for fix, felt this deserves it's own announcement.

I am proud to say after very little testing so more will be needed to be 100% confirmed, testing by the players that is, the negative exp bug should be fixed.

Saric

Youngster
This is a great fix and all but it feels kind of bad considering the millions upon millions of negative exp I've already had to work through on some pokes. At least it won't happen again~

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Thank goodness. I will never have to answer this horrible question again.

However, I do have a question of my own. Will pokemon that already have negative exp be affected? Like will this be a "from now on" update or an actual, complete fix? (You never know with PWO.)

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I'll refrain from making comment myself until sufficient user feedback either confirms or refutes the supposed fix.

Tecknician

CheckeredZebra said:

However, I do have a question of my own. Will pokemon that already have negative exp be affected? Like will this be a "from now on" update or an actual, complete fix? (You never know with PWO.)
From now on. Pokemon who's at the second evo stage of three will not have to worry about it when they evolve again.

prismahays

Website
prismahays.tumblr.com
CheckeredZebra said:

I'd like to know this as well!
I had evolved my Hypno prior to the downtime, not knowing the fix was coming. He's currently got -48,000 exp. :( Any chance that can still be fixed or is he hopeless?

Orean

Website
twitter.com
prismahays said:
CheckeredZebra said:

I'd like to know this as well!
I had evolved my Hypno prior to the downtime, not knowing the fix was coming. He's currently got -48,000 exp. :( Any chance that can still be fixed or is he hopeless?

To my understanding (as hinted in Tecknician's previous post), this update is not a massive-scale fix for Pokemon already indebted by negative experience; it is not additively affecting the total amount of experience all Pokemon have, as much as simply fixing how the Pokemon's total experience is affected when it evolves—evolving should now cause the Pokemon's experience to load it from the correct experience pool (depending on its base experience) from the database.

Therefore, this update didn't cause an "experience catch-up" for Pokemon who already are indebted by negative experience, nor is it adding any experience to any Pokemon; it just ensures that Pokemon that do evolve from now on won't have to train through negative experience anymore.

Merse

Youngster
Teck you did more for this game in the last few months than the rest of the developing staff in the last year! Awesome!

Fionavara

phew nice fix, I got afraid to red th whole annoucment and hear yoy had to revamp teh whole system and I'd wke up loosing 30 more lvls on all my pokes xD
Never ever want to wake up to that again :p

GawertyXL

Nice work, Teck. If I where a little more active, I'd be flipping out at the moment.

Tendou

Another great change made for our community, thanks pwo staff.

But, in other side, that's a kind of bad news for me cause all I do in PWO is HR farming and now, without negative EXP thing i'll not last longer in places where you can farm both HR and EXP like MtSiver, CC and DD cause i was used to train off a lot of negative exp just for waiting a HR to appear. So i guess it will be more delaying for HR farming in these places, i can see i will be bored easily now than before but thats not a kid of bad deal, it was my way to farm high leveled HR pokes.

Once it is 100% i guess staff needs to remove /help NegativeExp command in game.