• -Johto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • -They're Equal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rigaudon

Youngster
This is not "which region has the best starters."
Edit: I do not consider Mt. Silver part of Kanto or Johto because it requires 16 badges to enter and can be reached from either of them.

You have the ability to change your vote.

Players, please post why you made a specific choice.
Edit: Staff feel free to vote or contribute to the discussion.

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
For players who see the question bar like that:
M0zyZvq.jpg

Here is a more readable version:
LJVdmqh.jpg

*looks at Lees and runs away* (shifty)

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Johto is much better IMO, the major reason behind this is that it has better spawns. The safari zone is more relevant than in kanto, Dragons den, union cave, bell tower, and tauros outside of safari are the main areas in johto that pop into my head immediately while I can't think of any really relevant desired pokemon that are kanto exclusive now that snorlax has been removed. Mt silver can't really be counted as either, and the gyms share no real distinct advantage in either region. Other than some sense of nostalgia, what is perhaps a greater quantity of NPCs, and saffron being the central trade hub for some god awful reason I can't see why kanto would be preferable

Gobfather

EcoWOLFrb said:
Johto is much better IMO, the major reason behind this is that it has better spawns. The safari zone is more relevant than in kanto, Dragons den, union cave, bell tower, and tauros outside of safari are the main areas in johto that pop into my head immediately while I can't think of any really relevant desired pokemon that are kanto exclusive now that snorlax has been removed. Mt silver can't really be counted as either, and the gyms share no real distinct advantage in either region. Other than some sense of nostalgia, what is perhaps a greater quantity of NPCs, and saffron being the central trade hub for some god awful reason I can't see why kanto would be preferable

Couldn't have said it better myself. I will always love Kanto more, but here Johto is much more practical.

pieoffury

Johto is so much better than Kanto IMO. Reasons?
-better spawns
-better training areas
-better safari zone
-dragons den is better than cerulean cave
-union cave
-bell tower
-whirl islands

Saurus

Banned
Johto is better. I like Goldenrod's underground merchants. And the DD club. The Safari Zone in Cianwood. Etc.

jwplayer0

I'm going to have to say Kanto for the sole reason being Johto didn't exist when I started.

DaSnowman

I prefer Johto myself souly due to the fact i tend to hunt there more often (large-in-part to the Safari Zone) and the fact that it seems more up to date Removing Snorlax Kabuto and Omanyte made half of the areas unhuntable and the others Ghost tower, Route 8, etc have been made worse due to Hrs being more common during events only leaving Splitting River Reserve and Safari Zone as profitable hunting spots (arguably Power Plant)

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Kanto...
It is a more active area, you'll find more trainers around Kanto than Johto, most of the Towns in Johto are dead or they lack of people around them. You may find players around the training/Hunting spots and stuff yea, but its not like Kanto, you can go around the entire map of Kanto and you'll see people everywhere. I've seen this for years and its been always like that. Other reason, I just love the way that Kanto has been made, Johto hmm I don't know... Johto has something that I don't like, despite the fact that you can train your pokes easily, I don't see it as a good reason.

SapphirePhoenix

I prefer Johto over Kanto. Johto is much easier/cheaper to travel around, it has better wild Pokemon spawns, the gym setups are a lot more interesting than the Kanto gyms (particularly Ecruteak and Blackthorn) and the Johto quests were more engaging to me than anything Kanto offered.

Fionavara

kaiser6tn said:
Spawnwise, Johto. Trainingwise, Kanto.

Agree, both has cons and pros ofc, but IMO kanto is better to start in seeing there are so many more npcs and the lvls of the wild pokes increse more logically the further u go and there are more maps in kanto and twice the number of npcs.
But after you guys removed snorlax, kabuto and omanyte, kanto now lacking serious spawns of intrest before you get the badges and can enter the more specialized maps.

Johto is a better spawning ground, but it need a boost in new NPCs the lack of increase in pokemon lvls also make it very hard to start in,just training for the first gym is twice as hard as in kanto where you not only got lvl 6 metapods/kakunas but also the "secret are" where the spawns lvls a 3 times as high as the beginning maps of johto...a little tweak in lvl increase in johto to make it even wouldn't go a miss, and maybe add one or two better spawns in kanto, in safari zone maybe, would make kanto more then a grinding zone aswell.

Peace-Enforcer

Well for a new player Kanto is by far supirior to Johto since Saffron is a trading center of PWO. Which is probuably the most important thing for a new player and if you don't have accest to saffron as fast it will probuably delay your end game if you are not an expirienced player and this is only your alt. How ever for Old players Johto does compeat with Kanto. Kanto Wins in DC (Mt.Silver) and in trading (saffron trade center), but Johto is far supirior in Spawns hence in hunting (Johto saffari and DD). I would still give edge to Kanto because of saffron. Because trading is by far the most potent way to get profit in PWO.

Rigaudon

Youngster
Peace-Enforcer said:
...Kanto Wins in DC (Mt.Silver)

Apologies because it is my mistake, but for this discussion Mt. Silver is not to considered part of any region. I've now added it to the first post.

Also, staff are now open to vote if they feel like it.
Players should be able to change their vote.

21, 3
12, 7
5, 1-2

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
Kanto since this is the only region that was out at the time of my start in pokemon during 1999. The reason I choose Kanto though more so is due to my girlfriend. She is fairly new to pokemon and I want her to see the differences and learn from the beginning and work up.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I chose Johto due to better safari spawn, Dragon's Den, easier access to the trade room (at the begin), etc...