What pokemon do you think deserves a move update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OGPokemaster

First off this is only hypothetical, in no way shape or form am i saying this will happen.....this is simply a topic about suggestions on what pokemon we (the PWO community), would like to see improved........

so now who do i think should get a move update.....

Kingler- i think a move update for kingler would make it a much more sought after pokemon with 130 base atk, moves like hyper beam, ice beam and brine could make him a powerful counter to dragon and fire types. i also think crabhammer should be made a physical atk like in the handhelds.

Kabutops- X-scissor, aqua jet, rock slide and stone edge, would make kabutops alittle more worth while to use in a battle

Gyarados- Dragon pulse and ice beam would make gyara 10x better then it is now

anyways those are a few that i think deserve move updates, what do YOU think?

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
Dewgong - finally gets usable water moves.
Nosepass - becomes a pokemon usable in battle with stone edge discharge and others
Farfetchd - gets brave bird and air slash.
Tentacruel - Sludge wave
Tyranitar - Gets stone edge which makes it a better battler.
Lunatone/Solrock - Future sight and stone edge
Wailord - vast moveset
Staryu- Gets brine in black 2
Haryiama
Zangoose

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
most of the pokes are already said. here are a few others
Pinsir - Superpower, x-scissor, thrash/slash
Skarmory- Needs the slashes
Gligar- can have many more good moves.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
I won't pass this opportunity up to harass Porygon2 to get Discharge, but it wouldn't be for a better good. =P

- Aerodactyl would get more viable with fang moves and giga impact.
-I'm not sure if Altaria would benefit or not. If its speed was higher, I would say it'd definitely help. However, giving it Dragon Pulse would only help uber ones MAYBE survive a Kingdra.

I'll come back to this once I think about it more. That's all I got for now, though.

BlackBloodz

Pinsir : superpower and X scissor
Flygon : dragon claw and earthquake
Altaria
Alakazam : a nerf

Will come back when i think with more :D

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Growlithe and evolutions to B2W2;
Bellsprout and evolutions to B2W2 (because its great Pokemon, but in PWO is useless);
Dratini and evolutions to B2W2;
Mareep and evolutions to B2W2 (by that way Mareep and Flaaffy is updated to uncompleted BW moves sets and Ampharos not yet, thats why need update moves sets for this Pokemon and him evolutions);
Larvitar and evolutions to B2W2;
Lotad and evolutions to B2W2.

Nikola

Youngster
-There is few pokemons I have in mind right now that needs to get updated and I will put those in spoiler below.

1. Flygon- Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail, Earth Power/Earthquake, Rock Slide and Bulldoze.
2. Aerodactyl- Elementary fangs, Iron Head and Rock Slide
3. Dewgong- Aqua Tail
4. Metagross- Hammer Arm
5. Starmie- Psychic moves (probably with these moves he can return to battle scene once again).
6. Slowbro- Water Pulse.
7. Rhydon- Hammer Arm and Stone Edge.
8. Tyranitar- Elementary fangs and Stone Edge.
9. Nidoking- Elementary punches and Super Power.
10. Kingler- Brine and Super Power.
11. Cloyster- Hydro Pump, Razor Shell and Brine
12. Dragonite- Would increase Outrage power by 5 points with accuracy of 100%. Looks funny when fat Snorlax survives 2 outrages from Dragonite having 300 atk. More funnier is that small rat such as Jolteon can tank 1 outrage. And that is a mighty dragon pokemon?

- Also I have few moves in mind that i think it should be nerfed.

1. Yawn: I would like to see that this move is either removed or nerfed like confuse ray was.

2. FutureSight: Almost every move which needs 1 turn of rest is nerfed. FutureSight originally needs 2 TURNS to strike and yet it is attacking with full power of 100 points every turn. Math isn't hard here. 302 spakt pokemon attacking with FutureSight with 100 power every turn and yet it has way more higher speed then any pokemon on its way. Imagine Salamence having 253++ speed and full Outrage power striking every move. Doesn't makes sense at all. This isn't a game where player can walk around with ZeedMillenniummon though. At least nerfing this one to 90 wouldn't do any bad though.

OGPokemaster

Darcia said:
FutureSight: Almost every move which needs 1 turn of rest is nerfed. FutureSight originally needs 2 TURNS to strike and yet it is attacking with full power of 100 points every turn. Math isn't hard here. 302 spakt pokemon attacking with FutureSight with 100 power every turn and yet it has way more higher speed then any pokemon on its way. Imagine Salamence having 253++ speed and full Outrage power striking every move. Doesn't makes sense at all. This isn't a game where player can walk around with ZeedMillenniummon though. At least nerfing this one to 90 wouldn't do any bad though.

yea i think Future sight is WAY to OP, and that if giga impact can be nerfed for tauros, then future sight should be as well, especally if a max spatk kazam can 2HKO most pokemon.

BLACKsamerBlood said:
Pinsir : superpower and X scissor
Flygon : dragon claw and earthquake

Forgot to mention pinsir and flygon, theyd be worth so much more if there if they had good movepools

*sigh* if they did end up updating Flygon ima be so pissed, im going to regret selling my max atk flygon for only 14m

ash.catchem

Youngster
I think for me, this is very important to be updated, since one of my fav Sceptile, is of less use, but when he gets updated to gen5, he will get leaf storm, powerful move, will make him usable.
Also, rhyhorn and Hariyama, if updated will be great :)

CoolKnightST

I just wonder why there is an discussion of the moveset when most moveset aren't even set to 5th generation.

Future sight will be fixed ones moves like protect are back set into the game. In fact thesame for Yawn. They both could have an reduce of the accuracy as an temp ballance fix.

I gues the largest prioity for the moment are the legendary pokémon in my option so they start to become an challenge in the next events and quests. I also wonder why we don't add the tutor moves to there orginal moveset. Most pokémons doens't learn anything ones they reach level 50+ since there currently no TM&HM's yet it would be an nice reward if they can learn them on higher levels.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Which pokemon is Future Sight OP on? I think it makes a lot more pokemon viable, and I use it fairly on them (EG: Xatu). Right now its base power is 100, which is comparable to several popular moves.

If it is tweaked, you'll have to be careful or you'll take out 2-4 pokemon from the maybe-useable tier list. (Xatu, Espeon, Kazam, Garde)
If you use ttar, it completely blocks all those pokemon anyway. And if you update Ttar he'll be more worth it to people.

A fast enough Crunch/Dark move also tends to stop these pokes in their tracks, especially if the opponent has decent sp def.

HeavyPetter

Slowbro, Dewgong and Tentacruel have already been mentioned. I would also like to see the Bellsprout line get useable grass moves like leaf blade.

Nikola

Youngster
CheckeredZebra said:
Which pokemon is Future Sight OP on? I think it makes a lot more pokemon viable, and I use it fairly on them (EG: Xatu). Right now its base power is 100, which is comparable to several popular moves.

If it is tweaked, you'll have to be careful or you'll take out 2-4 pokemon from the maybe-useable tier list. (Xatu, Espeon, Kazam, Garde)
If you use ttar, it completely blocks all those pokemon anyway. And if you update Ttar he'll be more worth it to people.

A fast enough Crunch/Dark move also tends to stop these pokes in their tracks, especially if the opponent has decent sp def.

You cannot put every pokemon in same rank zebras. I was playing pokemon red long ago and I saw that nintendo already made a quiet nice balance for that time. I will not mention gap between pokemons. You can see that there is many "weak" but cute pokemons. It's not everything about power and unfortunately there must be certain number of "cute" pokemons and they definitely are not created for battles.

-You mentioned Gardevoir above. Gardevoir isn't such a problem with max speed of 194 while Xatu is second with 223. But they already have a perfectly working move called Psychic. Looks kinda awful when pokemon is using a broken move constantly. Every broken overused move which requires 1 turn of rest is modified while FutureSight isn't and yet it needs 2 turns to attack. Solar beam isn't nerfed and I think it should not be since that is only one powerful grass moves certain pokemon knows excluding leaf storm. While psychic pokemons are having Dream Eater and Psychic.

-I think 90 power move used from pokemon with 290++ spatk is something quiet strong. Yet those pokemons are to fast so chance that you will attack first other turn is almost 100%. I doesn't matter what pokemon is using future sight while move itself is heavily broken. You also mentioned Tyranitar above as counter for those. But i think that pseudo legendary pokemon should not be sacrificed just to counter broken pokemon.

-Making other pokemon more viable shouldn't be done like this since battle engine is still poor developed. You don't need to break one pokemon and leave another using broken move. Looks kinda weird and unprofessional. Mother nature made strong and weak ones. You cannot rip off Tyson's arms and expect that boxing match will have some sort of balance. Look around and battle around you will see what I am talking about.

danhlk

Darcia said:
-There is few pokemons I have in mind right now that needs to get updated and I will put those in spoiler below.

1. Flygon- Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail, Earth Power/Earthquake, Rock Slide and Bulldoze.
2. Aerodactyl- Elementary fangs, Iron Head and Rock Slide
3. Dewgong- Aqua Tail
4. Metagross- Hammer Arm
5. Starmie- Psychic moves (probably with these moves he can return to battle scene once again).
6. Slowbro- Water Pulse.
7. Rhydon- Hammer Arm and Stone Edge.
8. Tyranitar- Elementary fangs and Stone Edge.
9. Nidoking- Elementary punches and Super Power.
10. Kingler- Brine and Super Power.
11. Cloyster- Hydro Pump, Razor Shell and Brine
12. Dragonite- Would increase Outrage power by 5 points with accuracy of 100%. Looks funny when fat Snorlax survives 2 outrages from Dragonite having 300 atk. More funnier is that small rat such as Jolteon can tank 1 outrage. And that is a mighty dragon pokemon?

I dont think Cloyster need water moves ...it's really strong....maybe water gun
-Starmie: need some psychic move ;)
-Aerodactyl: dragon claw i think.
-Salamemce : Flamethrower ( as i've seen in film :D)
-Sceptile : solarbeam

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
dragons need to receive their elementals
starmie needs thunderbolt back (it's well known he gets it)
Jolteon needs thunderbolt...
Pika could use an update (iron tail)
Aerodactyl is a waste of a potentially great poke now
Slaking needs no moves other than normal type attacking moves...then he can be in tournaments and people can stop complaining
Alakazam is fine. Leave it alone, it's how it should be. Worst comes to worst it'll still have psychic and be ever so slightly hindered. People just complain because they don't know how to counter.

Faabz.

Youngster
Blaziken:Hi Jump Kick
Snorlax:Curse,Earthquake,Fire Punch
Wobbuffet:Destiny Bond/Mirror Coat/Counter/Encore
Politoed:Toxic,Encore,Ice Beam,Scald
Heracross:Stone Edge
Scizor:U-turn,Pursuit,Superpower,Bullet Punch
Salamence:Roost/Draco Meteor/Outrage/Earthquale
Dragonite:Draco Meteor/Roost/Earthquake/Hurricane/THunder
Arcanine:Wild Charge/Crunch
Gengar:Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/Thunderbolt

Flare Blitz as a Physical attack,not special.

Hidden Power Moves would be great aswell

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Faabz. said:
Flare Blitz as a Physical attack,not special.
This game use 3rd system, so all Fire moves are Special, all Dragon moves are Physical and etc. Wait for new client, them that will be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.