What is your opinion of the community?

Nikola

Youngster
Well...I'm not overly fond of what follows at this rate. I kinda like this community due to old members and staffs from past still somehow present here...Not to exclude memories. Kinda raging somehow seeing things taken out and changed from the game such as route 19 trade city and ingame mart even if I am aware if all this is done just to improve the game itself. Not questioning the decisions of anyone since they are leading us toward PWO beterment from the time of the great beginning. Still makes me happy seeing even one post from a player who left the game long ago and especially from former staff. They just...reminds us that they are still somehow here. "All" channel is kinda dead. Communities are being formed before they even make an account. People are closed and moving into closed groups like they are in prison...Community is mostly composed of people who wants to trade something...I can feel emptiness from the heart of that community having only 1 goal which is often selfish and achieved via pursuing the goal and luck itself which makes them not having any special bond with rest of the community.

-I do really respect work done for PWO such as new registration system. However can't say I like it very much...just being honest. When PWO had scheduled registration there was a huge amount of people in IRC trolling and asking same questions thousands of times. Mutes were given often which was funny seeing bunch of a people cant say a thing lol. I noticed IRC itself started to wither not long ago after that reg system was made. They still come sometimes asking about server status etc...but meh, thats not it.

-I miss old forums and staff structure and organization. Probably it will be similar in near future. We do miss short and long run visionaries...indeed we do...Perfect example would be ThuGie and several other past devs:p Well every story has its villains...there are few of them that probably will be newer forgotten such as : TrainerRed, Nikola, Zidonuke...there are several of them but I can only thing of those atm not sure why...
-For those ones who stepped down at some point as a good guys for me...the list is huge I will name few of them however: Zammbi, Kyro, Domani, Phantom, <Bis_Eastwood, mad30, AdamWest, Dove and Stank>. Those 5 were like a dream team and probably something that wont happen again. Dove was promoted long ago AdamWest stepped down tho. Seeing them online together was an epic sight but very rare one must say. Would like to see those marching once again together. Well the old ways are done I am aware. Yet another proof that best things happens when you don't expect them. Community was very efficient and simple.

-Current staffs who are here for a while are lifeline of this community. Can't see bright future for this project if just one of the Admins steps down. Every loss will be extremely hard, probably not replaceable and will have a huge impact on this community. What would happen if any of Bluerise or Jinji abandon this project due to real life events? What would happen if Zebras leaves...And CG's? And Artists...Becca or Aussie. Some of them might finished what they had to do but one thing what makes them very special is their appearance and they are helping each other through hard times...It's all like "marketing mix" 4P. They are all synchronized and if one of them is missing chaos shall arise. This is really hard era for everyone. It's basically what hobby your going to choose since we all work at some point and our time schedule sucks. Well...things might change with time...as I said before will say it now. I am not here because of the game and Pokemons. Nostalgia passed 2/3 days later after I decided to paly again. I am here because there's still handful people idling around and kinda like seeing them taking care of issues don't really care if they committed great sins or not since this doesn't have anything with Pokemon at all, this can be Gallaga form 80's and will still be around here because of the people in this community.

-Darc

GawertyXL

The community isnt what it used to be in 2011, When I joined, it was all about meeting new people online, the channels were always full of new people too meet that actually respected you, there was always a staff member online, etc. most of the time now, there is always emptiness when I log in simply because, the community has grown downright disrespectful through-and-through. I mean, I use to log into pwo just to chat with people, maybe open a pm with someone, but if I did that today, I get hated on by someone, the help channel has completely changed from what it was, the all channel is rubbish, and most importantly, most of the users are taking advantage of the game in some way, its impossible too actually make friends unless they openly seek new friends, otherwise, people on pwo are mostly secluded and non-friendly these days. this is my opinion feel free to hate me for it. I couldn't care less at the moment.

psychosamm

Youngster
One thing that frustrates me to no end in this community is the lack of respect for others. This is especially true in trade chat. I absolutely LOATHE trade chat, everyone in there is either a straight up noob and laughs in your face when you ask for a fair price, or a jerk that thinks their pokemon is worth top dollar. In trade chat people are out to rip someone off, it's like they have this mindset to be some sort of hardball playing negotiator and they just come off being jerks. Very rarely do i see anyone say "no thank you" or "i'll pass thanks", people either just close the PM window, or throw some insult at you because it's not a price they like. I especially hate the low-ballers, but that falls under the noob category. People also incessantly spam trade with their ads, and sometimes with random stuff that has nothing to do with trade.

This doesn't just happen in trade either, as many people have noticed there are some real trolls that like to talk about inappropriate topic in help chat, and even in all chat. However i've seen most of the problems in help chat, being basically full of general conversation. I also hate how when they're told to move to all chat, or stop the current topic of conversation due to it being inappropriate, they complain and try and fight it! Like really guys? Is it so hard to just follow the rules? There are an infinite number of things to talk about, you don't NEED to talk about perverted stuff, it's a kids game, get over your bratty selves.

Aside from all that I must say I do enjoy talking with my guild, but aside from talking to them in xat i don't do too much talking with in-game chat, mostly because i want to avoid the retards. Though i try to help in help chat occasionally.

LanceDM

To be honest, the PWO community is in his 90 % a crap... D: exept for a few ! The players of the Blaze Guild are kinda good guys, but the rest is idk, you can't argue, you can't complain, you can't make mistakes or the community will crucify you even if they don't know what happened, sometimes you can't express yourself ! Wich means that you have to be like them! most of the players around are ''friends'' for interest ''Oh he will give me his stuff before leaving pwo forever'' and I've seen this many times, good guys, false guys, honest guys, stupid guys, friendly guys, funny guys, envy-guys, etc... Sorry, just my 2 cents :p. Fortunately im talking with players I consider cool guys ! Honest ones, thats Blaze to me, I couldn't have joined other guild and I won't.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I'm not going to make a long winded post because I'm sure you all don't care enough to read that much, so I'll break it down into segments and branches.

Average players- Same as always really, I can't really say I'm knowledgeable about much else than trade and my circle of friends I have. Most Of the community is of course full of self interest in trade, and people mostly stick to a small close group in regards to friends.

Staff- I think staff have greatly improved and really appreciate their dedication to making the game better, thanks guys. There are only a couple of things I'd say need to be fixed; but compared to what you've already fixed it's minute, and most of them are currently being worked on :)

Trading Market- Kinda bad, but I have high hopes the money will flow with the addition of the mart.

Battle Community- There's been a huge surge in battle interest and competitiveness throughout the community. For example, every Inferno Blaze member seems intent upon being the best battler they can be, which is admirable. The recent updates regarding sleep are amazing, as it was ridiculous before. The only thing I think needs immediate attention is the implementation of proper working stages, or an equivalent.

Collecting Community- As primarily a collector I'm disappointing to see the shift from collecting to battling, however I also enjoy a battle every now and then so it's not really that big of a deal. But i think the addition of new pokes could boost collection in general.

Staff interaction with players- I find the forum activity very adequate. The seasonal events are very nice, and hopefully a yearly tournament will continue to be a cycle regardless of the antics that were shown by childish players earlier this year. Forgive and forget and all that rubbish, don't let the actions of a few impact blah blah blah you know.

Thx for reading if you got this far.

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
Alright, too much negativity around as i read from the above posts. And i really cannot blame them. Just to combine what i think with what is already there-

Saric said:
To be overly blunt, I dislike it.
Peace-Enforcer said:
Recommend it to anyone since i believe that "old times" talk spirit is preserved with in guilds and channels in game due to waves of new players just have more of an informative nature which might not be as bad with just few tweeks to behaviour, nothing that cant b solved with a good example.
Note: game is far from hard its just that players don't understand mechanics behind it and dont get involved enough to get informed
TheWyatt2012 said:
There's always been a competitive aura within the community. Many of these people are looking for staff positions or have been banned in the past; or they're just simply rude. The only people that are respected are veterans and staff. The community has grown to have a somewhat negative and competitive attitude.
Darcia said:
Well...I'm not overly fond of what follows at this rate. I kinda like this community due to old members and staffs from past still somehow present here...Not to exclude memories. "All" channel is kinda dead. Community is mostly composed of people who wants to trade something...I can feel emptiness from the heart of that community having only 1 goal which is often selfish and achieved via pursuing the goal and luck itself which makes them not having any special bond with rest of the community.
-I miss old forums and staff structure and organization. Community was very efficient and simple.
-Current staffs who are here for a while are lifeline of this community.
Gawerty said:
The community isnt what it used to be in 2011, When I joined, it was all about meeting new people online, the channels were always full of new people too meet that actually respected you, there was always a staff member online, etc. most of the time now, there is always emptiness when I log in simply because, the community has grown downright disrespectful through-and-through. I mean, I use to log into pwo just to chat with people, maybe open a pm with someone, but if I did that today, I get hated on by someone, the help channel has completely changed from what it was, the all channel is rubbish, and most importantly, most of the users are taking advantage of the game in some way, its impossible too actually make friends unless they openly seek new friends, otherwise, people on pwo are mostly secluded and non-friendly these days. this is my opinion feel free to hate me for it. I couldn't care less at the moment.
psychosamm said:
One thing that frustrates me to no end in this community is the lack of respect for others.
LanceDM said:
Most of the players around are ''friends'' for interest ''Oh he will give me his stuff before leaving pwo forever''
EcoWOLFrb said:
Most Of the community is of course full of self interest in trade, and people mostly stick to a small close group in regards to friends.

The people? I understand the noob part. But damn, there is a difference between not knowing anything about the game and being a total mean, stupid, rude, dumb person. I'm always ready to help people whenever they don't get anything or make any mistakes. But nowadays..they just don't get it. Bumping old topics After warnings, making dupe posts, completely not caring about the rules, being totally stupid even after people try to help you out. I don't really think that i need to, or i should give any names here cuz i think i've already already raged at them quite some times :p Tbh, there is nothing we can do other than complaining.
But of course, there are always some good people as quoted above. The olides are they goldies, really. Oblivion Gael for example is just like a family, andthe people from other guilds know that too. There will always be some nice people around.

I'll edit this post when i apply my brain a bit moar, right now i'm dizzy D=

Fionavara

waaaaiiiiittt i minute...didn't I post in here last time u posted this..I know this one!!!
You post this once a year zebra I know I posted in one of these sometime...meeh anyway.
oh community isnt like it used to be, I kinda miss the sub squad of staff that had as a job to help out and I miss a huge ton of old chatty friends ...like you!!!! >=(
(not happy u goes afkkish I miiiiiss youuuuuu!!!)
buuuut I'd say community is ok these days, all is dead but help still chatty even if the current staff tries really hard to kill that aswell for some weird reason I don't fully get.
I think it's mostly cus we lost so many chatty girl, me and some friends discussed that recently actually...we miss all the fun girls, we boys just don't small talk as much as you girls do. I think we gone a bit quite in the channels mostly due to that fact really, we guys just don't help out or small talk as much as a rule therefor ingame chatt become a bit stale.
But forum still fun though, even if we do miss the old spirit in here somewhat...I guess it's just a new generation players that entered the fray and don't make so much noise as we old dragons did back in the beginning.
something I do think would live up things again is the side update "twitter" we where amon the first to have in the world...the status update thing on the side...that was huuge fun to have. that I really miss, that was our twitter! 5 years before FB was inwented!
one thing I noticed though is when someone finds somthing and outburrst yay I found XX...normally noone is as appricative anymore cus since the game been on for so long no pokemon is really unique anymore either so finding a pika isn't as impressive as it used to be and many who hunt stuff only want to know how much they can sell it for..that is a major diffrence from old days..u found a pika u kept it..u found a shiny mediocre common poke u kept it...now it's all about how much can I sell this and that for...so talk all around changed much due to that. it's no longer ooh congrats from everyone it's "It's useless and bad battle poke" or "it's useless and not worth anything" these days.
Ingame I think the most scary part is new players aren't as chatty or as we old ones used to be, with a few exceptions but we don't have as many regulars as we used to have ingame either atleast, not sure how it is here in the forum cus I dont visit that often but I tend to see the same thing in here. many post/topics are by the same people.
Not sure if newbies are wary or just down right scared to post or talk these days...but things aren't as it used to be that's for sure. To many players I think walks in plays for a month or two then vanishes, even the chatty ones. Maybe this stable server makes people leave us faster, game dont crash out every hour and no lagg that makes us gnaw our theeths and we don't have to hang on to our nals to finishs the gyms due to downtime like the old days when we where happy to get one or two hours constant game play a day..maybe that was what made us stay so much longer and talk much more...if you only can talk 1 hour a day u do tend to talk more then if u can talk to eachother 24 hours a day..u kinda loose things to talk about then.. Just an idea...not that Im complaining but I do find myself out of topics more now then before and that makes me....silent...

Emany

Website
twitter.com
I've read through a lot of these, now, and I agree with some of you guys...while others I kinda giggle at or just wonder what community you've been hanging out with. The slums of the Pokéworld, maybe?

It's true, the game isn't as openly communicative as it was a couple years ago. When I first started, back on my MissLadyInLove account, the game was wonderfully chatty. The "All" channel was always packed to the brim, and the lines of chat often sped by so that if you looked away for even a second or two, you missed a lot. I loved it! It was fun. It was cheerful. Even when people had a bad day, they could log on, and know they would have someone to talk to, to make them forget for a little while just how bad that day had been. When you got to the log-in screen, and saw that the server capacity number wasn't quite full so you had a chance to get online? It was awesome! I had a lot of friends, and lots of players who weren't quite friends but who were still talked to often. There are always people you don't like, of course, but that's how a community works. You could always find someone to help you, and yes, Shinies and Horribly Rares and Very Rares weren't only prized for their Market Price in order to obtain a surfboard, or a bike, or for how good they were in End-Game battles, but purely for the rarity of it. People caught those incredibly hard to find pokemon just to say "Hey, look what I've got! It took days to find, and now it's mine!"

I won't lie. I loved those days. These days can't even compare, in my mind.

However! That does not, by any means, mean that I don't like and appreciate this newer community as well. Do I wish it was like it used to be? Of course. But that's nostalgia. I don't think it will go back to the way it was. Many of the new players, I've noticed, seem absolutely desperate to play. Unreasonably so. Like, if they don't get a chance to play every day, the entire day is ruined and they may as well just give up and go throw something against a wall. They don't understand why, and when, and how things go wrong. They spam the twitter page and the forums with foul language demanding to know why they were banned for foul language. There are times I hear almost every day, several times that day, how someone got scammed, and people are more or less just like "sucks to be you." I looked through the twitter a short while ago, and it was full of the staff members' replies to people demanding to know why the game is "always" down, why it's not just shut down for good since the server is "never up". Demanding to know. Demanding! They don't care that the game is constantly under work, or that the staff has worked so incredibly hard for years to get the game to the awesome place it's at today. All they want is their game, and they want it Nao. Not in 5 minutes, not in an hour. Now.

This sounds awful, yes? Why would I like and appreciate such people?
I don't. They irritate me and I wish they would go find some other game to try to ruin.
What I do like and appreciate is the fact that there are still players, both old and new, who can wade through this constant stream of ungratefulness, and emerge on the other side of that polluted river of un-spell-checked rage to answer the questions of players who need help. Or who want a friend. Who want to know the worth of something, or where to find something, or who just want to talk to someone who won't bash their ideas as rubbish and won't tell them that their favorite pokémon is not worth capturing ever because of it's battle value, or its market value, or because of how simply common it is. Players who will still congratulate a newbie on their first caught shiny, whether it's a rattatta, pidgey, growlithe, or something much, much rarer. The fact that there are still players like that in all of the irritating badness who inspire me to fantasies of throwing an overfed Walrein at the ungrateful ones, makes me still want to play this game.

Nothing is wrong with having a competitive community. In fact, I think some competition makes the game experience even better! It's why people run tournaments, hold events, and train their ultimate team. So that they can do the best they can, when given the opportunity to challenge others and see how well their hard work and time has paid off, or who sometimes don't do so well, and so they put their mind to becoming better. There are people who like to battle, and people who like to collect. People who want to socialize, and those who would rather stick to their own little niche or clique or cluster of friends, and even some who don't want to be involved with other players beyond the bare minimum.

So "what is my opinion of the community"?
It needs work. It isn't what it used to be. But it's still worth coming to.

Valmagier

Emany said:
Wow, very good speach, and I totally agree with you. I was going to write nearly the same, but not as capable as you did.

Emany

Website
twitter.com
Valmagier said:
Emany said:
Wow, very good speach, and I totally agree with you. I was going to write nearly the same, but not as capable as you did.

Lol thanks...that''s what happens when I decide to give my opinion almost immediately after waking up in the morning. If anyone asks me anything when my brain isn't completely switched on yet, an entire, unadulterated, and long-winded answer happens.