Verify your account to access the game.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
EDIT: Don't despair that the time on this has passed. If you are returning after some time you will need to do two things:

First- go to the Playerdex and click on 'Recover My Account'. Then 'Reset Account Password' on that page to create a new password.
Second- Log into the Playerdex and follow the prompts to verify your account on the New Playerdex. This must be done to play the game.

Both require access to the email on your PWO Account. Without that you cannot change your password or verify your account.

If you do not know your email you can 'Get An Email Reminder' on the same page as the Password Reset.

If the email appears to send and doesn't arrive in your email (be sure to check your spam folder), you will need to go to IRC Chat, linked below in my signature, and speak to Reborn.

Hello all. As most of you know the new Playerdex has been up and running for several weeks now. Many of you would have already used it, but there are still over 1,000 accounts that have not.

All players must verify their accounts on the Playerdex by October 3rd or lose access to the game.

So if you have not done so, please head over to the Playerdex right now and log in:

http://playerdex.pokemon-world-online.net/index.php

Spread the word - if you have friends that play the game who may not be aware of this please let them know.

All players who verify before the end of September will receive 250 tokens to spend on the Playerdex PokeMart in the Token Store section.

If you have any issues on the Playerdex please use the Playerdex Bug Catcher to report them.

If you have any issues with verifying your account, feel free to join the PWO IRC Chat and ask for help there:

http://www.pokemon-world-online.net/chat.php

Be aware that you must have access to the email address on your PWO account, this is the only way to verify and retain access to the game.

Tha-Kram

Re: Verify your account by September 30.

fix the title pl0x xD

thanks!

Star01

I have a question. 30th Sep is the deadline day that I can receive 250tks gift if I verify my acc. That tokens can be used after 30th Sep?

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com

Star01 said:
I have a question. 30th Sep is the deadline day that I can receive 250tks gift if I verify my acc. That tokens can be used after 30th Sep?
I think so. There's no reason to take a gift back. D:

Pastor-Of-Muppets

I want to verify my account but its forcing me to change my username because it does not allow underscores or spaces. I really do not want to change my username. Why are we not able to use spaces or underscores?

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com

Pastor_Of_Muppets said:
I want to verify my account but its forcing me to change my username because it does not allow underscores or spaces. I really do not want to change my username. Why are we not able to use spaces or underscores?
You can be Pastor-Of-Muppets by now. :p
I know you don't want to change your nickname but that's the minor possible change, I guess... lol

Tha-Kram

because there were some issues with players that used _ or spaces in their names
same problem here -.-

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

Star01 said:

There is no time limit on the tokens, they remain on your account until you use them.

Pastor_Of_Muppets said:

Best thing to do would be to change it now and make a Suggestion on the Playerdex or here on forums if you want player input/discussion on it as well. If re-adding the character can be done it would not be a priority at this point so I wouldn't imagine a decision would be made before the end of the month.

mad30

Youngster

Questions:

Isn't account verification done during the registration process? If so why is this not connected to pdex? If not... Why not?

What is the purpose for pdex account verification? Other than being able to use the pdex for the play, why for the staff do accounts need pdex verification?

Thanks.

Naero

mad30 said:
Isn't account verification done during the registration process? If so why is this not connected to pdex?

Some food for thought to give a partial answer: while yes, account-verification is procedural to the registration process, there is also the possibility that an email on an account might have been changed since then; such changes in the past have not required one to reverify their new email addresses upon changing them. It is possible that some have changed their email addresses to ones that they technically do not even have access to, which could potentially shoot them in the foot at a later time.

Whether that is the sole reason reverification is required or not, it can be argued that it does help to authenticate that the current email addresses associated with accounts--including those email addresses that have been unverifiably changed in the past--are ones that they have access to.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net

Pansy's reasoning is pretty much the basis for the move. What's more, it's not uncommon on the internet for people to register accounts using "temporary" emails - ones that only exist for a short time, perhaps as a redirect to another email - so that they get the verification email and "activate" their account, but then the email is deleted. This is often done when a person believes a service is likely to spam and wants to avoid it while still using the service; or they aren't sure if they will stay registered and don't want to commit to giving real details until they know they like the service enough to stick around. While I'm not aware of people registering PWO accounts with temporary emails, we do not want to encourage the practice as the email address you register is vital for account recovery and security processes.

There's also the added wrinkle that way in PWO's earliest days (like before v0.42), asking for an email address wasn't actually part of the registration process at all, so some of our oldest users may never have had one verified anyway - though I do wonder whether such accounts still exist.

Sanven

No matters for free 250 tokens, because everything on TOken store is made expensive 1000 times..!!!!!!!!!!!

the pokemon and items worth 6 tokens are now worth 6000 tokens...!!!! its very wierd to see such big expensive change..!!!!!

getiing 250 tokens is like not even getting 1 token as from previous gameplay.!!!

I.Am

Sanven said:
No matters for free 250 tokens, because everything on TOken store is made expensive 1000 times..!!!!!!!!!!!

the pokemon and items worth 6 tokens are now worth 6000 tokens...!!!! its very wierd to see such big expensive change..!!!!!

getiing 250 tokens is like not even getting 1 token as from previous gameplay.!!!

Lol. They only changed the number. So chill out.

$1 = 1000 Tokens

AizenSosuke.

Re: Verify your account by October 3.

I want to verify but regardless of what I type the password strength refuses to go above 1%

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

Aizen_Sosuke said:
I want to verify but regardless of what I type the password strength refuses to go above 1%

As I said on IRC try different passwords and if you think you have an acceptable one just hit submit even if it hasn't updated from 1%, sometimes it lags.

S-Dragonite

Was barely seeing this after a long time of not loggin in, finally i was able to verify my account, also had to change my username from CABLE to Cable7 due to my username being taken for some odd reason. Will this also change my log in user name in game?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

19ANIKI83 said:
Was barely seeing this after a long time of not loggin in, finally i was able to verify my account, also had to change my username from CABLE to Cable7 due to my username being taken for some odd reason. Will this also change my log in user name in game?

Yes you changed your ingame username. We no longer allow all caps. You can change it back to just cable, Cable, or similar in 3 days from when you made the change if you purchase a name change option on the token store.

S-Dragonite

HitmonFonty said:
Yes you changed your ingame username. We no longer allow all caps. You can change it back to just cable, Cable, or similar in 3 days from when you made the change if you purchase a name change option on the token store.

Darn, well guess i will have to wait, either way i do not have the client ATM so cannot even log in, since there are no download links to it, the other thing is i do not have a good pc to play on, the one i have overheats and has bad specs. Well i guess i will be missing events until i get a new pc

emourad08

hey please help .. I changed my password and I can log into the website (playerdex) but I can NOT log in the game they say that the username or the password is incorrect PLEASE HELP

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
emourad08 said:
hey please help .. I changed my password and I can log into the website (playerdex) but I can NOT log in the game they say that the username or the password is incorrect PLEASE HELP

It's possible the playerdex accepted a password the client doesn't- one of the reasons we need to update the client. Reset your password again to something different and try again.