Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Saric said:
CheckeredZebra said:
You guys remember when we tried having two servers at once? Wanna guess what didn't work at all? =P
iirc, it was a coding issue that Jinji once explained somewhere on the forums. (Too much effort to find it atm, sorry guys.)

Now, making a test server work with the coding could be revisited/talked out again, but I believe it's been considered several times and just hasn't been possible, sadly. :L If I'm wrong, then some other higher up that works with the code feel free to swoop in and correct me.

If you want monetary figures, you'd have to ask Xan. I haven't seen a cent, and I don't believe anyone else has. If I did have wind that they were, I would've left immediately regardless of what was going on.
Iirc the server had problems saving data when there was two game servers, so one was dropped.
Exactly right. Apparently one server would prevent the other server's DB connections and screw up saving for one or both servers.

EDIT: Talking in terms of PWO's overall services instead of just the game, we actually still do have two servers. While the second game server was retired, later in PWO's life we acquired a new server which was subsequently tasked with handling the web-based content and Map files. This reduces the impact of each service on one other, but at greater expense. It also allows the website to remain semi-operable if the game server becomes unavailable, though this is not a perfect solution as the database for functions such as the Forum is in the same location as the Game/Playerdex's data; so it becomes unusable anyway. Donations cover the cost of BOTH servers - though I am not personally privy to full info on our financials.

Professor.Oak

ultimate360 said:
But why every now and then, this game requires downtime. this is not fair guys.
How is this not fair? The downtime time is most likely for updates so be grateful instead of whining.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
ultimate360 said:
Players moan they want updates.
Players moan when we want to restart.
Players moan when we want to locked or put the game offline for a while.
Players moan when updates are broke due to not testing.

Get the point?

darkdane

Bluerise said:
ultimate360 said:
Players moan they want updates.
Players moan when we want to restart.
Players moan when we want to locked or put the game offline for a while.
Players moan when updates are broke due to not testing.

Get the point?
People are selfish in there own way. There is always something to complain about. Some just don't see some opportunities that might be gained when there's downtime or updates, people just gotta be patient :p

Abox-

Website
forums.d2jsp.org
Merse said:
No changes? At least tell us what were you working on :p

Read the first post in this thread.

e/ nvm thought it was this topic that it said.
But was some moves I think and interface?