Top Most Active! - Monthly

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
A most active list for monthly time frame that the user with the most active hours in-game for that month person would hold a forums or in-game tag for the following month. If that person was unable to stay as active the following month they would be stripped of the title/tag and the person who was more active for that month be given that title/tag. So for example say Ash had 280 hours in-game for the month of January and was the most active, Ash would get the title/tag for the month of February. Now say another player comes along for the month of February and his name being Gary has 210 hours for the month of February while Ash was only able to be in-game 209 hours for the month of February then Ash would be stripped of his title/tag at the end of February and Gary would receive it for the month of March and so forth, if you get my point. The list it self would show the top 10 most active members for the months time frame but only the top player of them all would receive the title/tag. It would be a competition basically and would increase activity I believe for PWO for players who wish to hold a title/tag.

What you think? That's my two cents and coming straight from my membrane!

Discuss!

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
How would you exclude bots from being taken out of this 'competition'?

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
That is a good question I never though of people using bots to stay logged into game for longer periods of time and stay active but isn't it also Game Master or Game Moderators part in the game to deal with such things. I imagine PWO surely has or can come up with scripting a ANTI Cheat Engine or some type where it alerts staff that are in-game of players possible detected for hacking/botting. After all these hacks/cheats and bots are made by everyday people with just basic coding. It shouldn't be hard to crack them and get them noticeable. Anyways, that really is another discussion for another time. My concern right now would be what people think on this idea.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
To be honest I think this would be good prevention for 24/7 bots. Some will remember not too long ago several players got caught illegally creating money when they showed up on the highest money earners list in the playerdex. Obviously it's better for bots to try and fly under the radar so a list like this may reduce the amount of hours they can be ingame during each period so they stay off that list where they will be noticed.

For that reason alone we should have a 'most shinies' and 'most max rare pokemon' caught during whatever period is chosen- weekly/fortnightly/monthly whatever. And if it's going to be even a minor nuisance for botters I'm all for it. :)

Terry104.

I fully agree with hitmonfonty a cheater knows that it can be more visible with this list being executed he will avoid being logged for long periods ending not more so making life difficult for those who cheat

Krowe

Wouldn't a hidden list of all account activity over the past 24 hours for the GM team to look over do the same thing in terms of bot control, but better?

I don't know about you, but if I was a GM and had a list of how many hours/minutes each player had plugged in each day, I'd have a pretty solid start in terms of bot tracking. I also don't know about you, but if that kind of information was available, I'd imagine that an automated system could flag potentially offending accounts relatively quickly if given that kind of information.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I don't know but botters have been constantly hunted by the GM team... hmm. And something like this is planned to be added on playerdex, I guess.

9bTGJFJ.png

Arnie

a bit off topic but lul im in the top 10 :p

Im all for some form of stats tracker, i mean shinies for example it IS possible to find loads of shinies in 1 day (very unlikely), ive found 10+ in 1 day before, granted they were all slowpokes and that was back when slowpoke well was bugged to allow instant encounter, but still doing it on a constant basis should weed out a few botters that otherwise would have remained mostly hidden.