Token store shiny Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukiro~

Youngster
Koriban said:
Dex. said:
So the token's price increased because of this "event" xD
What will happen after this? The minimum shiny ivs is still 15+ or 28+ ?
I smell scamming
~_~

Frankly, it's about time. Tokens were far too undervalued, considering it's 1 dollar a piece.
That's true, they were once 5mil per, but apparently from the staff perspective the value of a token doesn't matter because it will always match the economy, I never understood their logistic way of thinking.

CrimsonSapphire

Correct me if im wrong

Recently its updated that Bonus Chance only apply to Shiny and no longer to normal UC; is it still 15+? Why not change it to 28+

Because i seen player rushing to buy token for them. Just for showcase or battling? Hmm

root

Dex. said:
Correct me if im wrong

Recently its updated that Bonus Chance only apply to Shiny and no longer to normal UC; is it still 15+? Why not change it to 28+

Because i seen player rushing to buy token for them. Just for showcase or battling? Hmm

Changing the pokemon back to 28+ivs will only anger all the users who currently have S UC in there boxes. There is no way of going back to 28+ivs. So therefore we will have to deal with all this for now on. I just feel that since there will be S UC being bought and there stats will be 15+ivs. then lets also put all shinys in game as 15+ivs.

The people who bot are in the grasses right now looking for S Rares and up. They are the ones who are hurting the economy. I hope once the new playerdex is live, Bluerise will also change all the S pokemon in game to 15+ivs. This will not be bad, because the new playerdex will allow players to see the full ivs of the pokemon once it is caught. If the ivs of the captured pokemon happen to be bad, release it. If its worth training level him up. Shinys should have there ivs decrease once the new playerdex is live.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Ivs drease ? You don't know what you're saying, if that happens, a war will come and many will complain, not just me. Things must keep being as they are now, what happened just happened, nothing can be done to fix the past.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Things must keep being as they are now, what happened just happened, nothing can be done to fix the past.

Sure something can! It's just a lot more painful. :]

People need to be thinking about what's better for the game instead of worrying about what's been the norm. With that mindset comes change and more acceptance to those changes. Now, it's debatable as to what is and what isn't best; that's where the grey area is at. But progress should never be hindered by anything else. ('Tis something I've learned over time being in staff. I have the same tendencies sometimes.)

EDIT: By "worrying about the norm", I'm not actually referring to anything or anyone in this topic. It's just human nature to want to hold on to tradition: this is really aimed at the entire community.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
For the record for the people wanting Token Store shinies to be the same stats as the ones caught ingame, you need to look passed your own desires. You are thinking of your own chances of getting such a pokemon and as such one of the strongest ingame pokemon which is entirely understandable, I mean who doesn't want to try and be the best but this would ultimately not benefit you nor the majority of the players. What it would do is give a small 'elite' of players to buy there way to the top with real life money and bypass almost the entire game just because they can afford it, it would undermine the time that so many players put in to find and raise their perfect team or spend grinding to be able to trade for that one pokemon that has eluded them for months. I don't see any case where it should be acceptable to buy power with shinies, as that is what this would become, nor to further unbalance the economy with an increase in what upto this point has been what could be considered the 'Legendaries' of PWO.

The problem this topic was based on stems purely from misinformation on both sides, the IV values never stated one way or the other what they would be for S token pokemon which was wrong, but on the flip side nothing was ever said about them being the same as ingame Shinies and to assume something does not give the right to say thats how it should be. With that reasoning I don't see why there would have to be any changes to the Shinies in question (this is not taking into account the changes made to token IVs after) but the fact that this was not made clear before using the tokens on these pokemon does need to be changed as it is not, nor should it ever be, our intention to deliverately mislead players especially when it comes to matters involving real money and donations.

/mytwocents

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Thychiz said:
Never in my life have I seen an admin or GM overturn their decision on a privately run game like this, weather it be ego, an "i'm never wrong" complex, or even sometimes they simply believe they did the right thing.
I have in the past reviewed decisions and gone against my previous actions.

Anywho, some posts have been deleted (still scanning topic).
Quoting and adding 'lol' is not useful, anyone doing such action following this post will receive a warning.

To update on some stats from before (all 30+):
1 - Dratini
2 - Zangoose
3 - Trapinch
4 - Charmander
5 - Totodile

Also there have been 12 so far.

Merse

Youngster
All I want to hear is an explanation why did the staff decide not tho change those two Pokes in particular and chosen this rather controversial way to "compensate"... well, everyone else except the two players who had the original issue.
That, and I want my tokens to be spent on a S Char :D

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Merse said:
All I want to hear is an explanation why did the staff decide not tho change those two Pokes in particular and chosen this rather controversial way to "compensate"... well, everyone else except the two players who had the original issue.
We don't edit IVs. Simples. We chose to refund the 2 additional tokens.

psychosamm

Youngster
Bluerise said:
Merse said:
Couldn't you have taken the current Espeon back and spawned him a new one with the random 15 iv minimum? That's not really editing ivs

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
psychosamm said:
Bluerise said:
Merse said:
Couldn't you have taken the current Espeon back and spawned him a new one with the random 15 iv minimum? That's not really editing ivs
That would require messing around as well. :/

iHugo

Bluerise said:
Merse said:

The option of pay 2 more tokens for a shiny chance are in token store from long ago, and just now its really working.
Will u guys also refund all ppl with those 2 extra tokens paid for that?

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
Yukiro~ said:
. You can't start out with not hiring some immature staff members who you claim to be qualified yet constantly argue with the players and the only excuse we get in return is "you started it first" or "that player was frying him/her," they're staff for a reason mainly because they're held to a higher standard.[/i][/align]

Now who may you be going on about, young Zackary?

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
iHugo said:
Bluerise said:
Merse said:

The option of pay 2 more tokens for a shiny chance are in token store from long ago, and just now its really working.
Will u guys also refund all ppl with those 2 extra tokens paid for that?
It will be considered at a later date.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
and @Thychiz and others:

you shouldnt expect to get refunded for the failed chances. I believe the 2 token refund is fair. you shouldnt get 240 tokens refunded, because only one of those tries succeeded.

you succeeded once, the stats werent what everyone expected them to be. you got refunded, and now you basically have a normal espeon with pretty colors for a normal chance essentially. we dont know what stats you would have gotten any other try. just take this as a win, and let it go.

this 2 refund only thing is the one thing ill agree with, with bluerise.

Yukiro~

Youngster
Bis_Eastwood said:
Yukiro~ said:
. You can't start out with not hiring some immature staff members who you claim to be qualified yet constantly argue with the players and the only excuse we get in return is "you started it first" or "that player was frying him/her," they're staff for a reason mainly because they're held to a higher standard.[/i][/align]

Not specifically directed at anyone as I have seen quite a few staff in this kind of situation. I've seen more than one staff member sit there an argue with a player rather just going to report it to their superiors, or taking proper actions to let it be done that way, so as far as I'm concerned...some are just like the players, but with "more power," catch attitudes like us, take things out on others and so on and so forth, but this topic isn't for all of that..was just an opinion and or suggestion.

In most cases the player is the one at fault and ultimately never gets their fair share of justice, hence, biased based presumption. Then again sometimes a player is at fault and the situation can easily be vice verse, so don't think I'm just babbling on with a one sided argument, Bisikkens.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
Yukiro~ said:
Bis_Eastwood said:
Yukiro~ said:

Not specifically directed at anyone as I have seen quite a few staff in this kind of situation. I've seen more than one staff member sit there an argue with a player rather just going to report it to their superiors, or taking proper actions to let it be done that way, so as far as I'm concerned...some are just like the players, but with "more power," catch attitudes like us, take things out on others and so on and so forth, but this topic isn't for all of that..was just an opinion and or suggestion.

In most cases the player is the one at fault and ultimately never gets their fair share of justice, hence, biased based presumption. Then again sometimes a player is at fault and the situation can easily be vice verse, so don't think I'm just babbling on with a one sided argument, Bisikkens.

I'd like you to find people with the ability to cope with rabid players continuously harassing, and slandering them on a game where the staff do not get paid for their work. So if a volunteer gets angry at a player who keeps spitting in their face/ continuously harassing them (especially if they're one of the longest tenured, hardest working staff members), and their "superiors" arent doing anything to rectify the situation, I dont blame them for arguing back. The fact you went the extra step and called them immature, is even worse. Once again, they do not get paid, and do what they do for their love of this game. No one on the pwo staff deserve to get harassed and put up with certain players.

But if this isnt the topic for "all of that" you maybe should not have posted that "opinon and or suggestion" in this thread. And you kind of are babbling, as you said the same thing twice, in your last paragraph.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
All of you need to stop complaining. I bet all you guys DREAMED of the day where you could actually obtain a S UC, and now that it's a viable thing all you can do is complain about the stats, and say that it shouldn't be so easy to get one because now you don't feel special about getting it. At first I opposed it because I didn't think that's what the staff would want, but in reality now I think it's a good thing, everyone should be happier. Collectors can have their S UC's, battlers can find epics as always, and the system is getting much needed donations at a higher rate. Stop being jealous, everyone can get one eventually as they're going to be about as rare as S Rares eventually. Don't argue with the staff, don't insult each other, and if you're going to debate the topic do so in a respectful manner. And I realize I'm a token seller and am therefore considered biased, but to all those saying token sellers are ruling the game now...I don't really see how it is different than before.

Yukiro~

Youngster
Bis_Eastwood said:
Yukiro~ said:
Bis_Eastwood said:
Yukiro~ said:

I'd like you to find people with the ability to cope with rabid players continuously harassing, and slandering them on a game where the staff do not get paid for their work. So if a volunteer gets angry at a player who keeps spitting in their face/ continuously harassing them (especially if they're one of the longest tenured, hardest working staff members), and their "superiors" arent doing anything to rectify the situation, I dont blame them for arguing back. The fact you went the extra step and called them immature, is even worse. Once again, they do not get paid, and do what they do for their love of this game. No one on the pwo staff deserve to get harassed and put up with certain players.

But if this isnt the topic for "all of that" you maybe should not have posted that "opinon and or suggestion" in this thread. And you kind of are babbling, as you said the same thing twice, in your last paragraph.

Simple, understand what you're getting into, if you can't handle the job then don't try to tackle it without making sure you humble yourself, that's me speaking from the heart and not at anyone. I've worked on multiple mmorpgs, I've had no problem with harassing a player because they decide to do it to me, it would just look irresponsible on mine or any other staff member for any game's behalf.

In all fairness you've attacked me before in-game, you can't say this is not true and you can't justify this, you've constantly said I know nothing about trading etc slowly helping to ruin my rep. as you know everyone looks up to staff and it's very easy to side with them, I never liked that.

You once told me to "shut up and know my place," now I know that place, can you for once ever try to be the bigger man and admit that you're possibly wrong? If their superiors aren't acting on something...then that's something you need to stress on them, not decide to retaliate because now that's just making it look like pwo doesn't know what they're doing. I just don't fancy those with an over supercilious attitude, then again I can be quite the jerk and I'm not afraid to say that some points I've made in the past were just plain idiotic.

I don't see why some things I said would be relevant to you, if anyone it was clearly directed at the staff team, correct? I don't want a mini-GM still trying to be a vigilante for the pwo community/staff as if he still speaks on their behalf, thus I think you should let them do the talking? Whether or not you believe you were an example included in what I said, you can't confirm that.

This is an opinionated topic, and it's Darcia's topic, if he has a problem with me introducing some of my opinions that others may agree with then he's free to ask me to edit it, not your place. I was only trying to be benevolent in stating that this "isn't the topic for all of that," however that doesn't mean I had a problem with introducing it as a sub perspective. To be honest I don't want to even start an argument, that was not my goal, as I said it was just to express an opinion and maybe some people just can't handle that.

If I ever did anything to get on your bad side, I apologize, but I think we should try to move past all of that as there's not really even a need to be making this big of a fuss over the internet because all in all you were one of the best GMs, I just think over time the players made you a bit bitter.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
I don't know how players "look up to my opinions as staff" when I wasnt a staff member when I said those things. Thats one demerit.

I'm being a mini GM? Not once did I mention GM in that post at all, or am I trying to moderate you. Thats another demerit.

So just because I'm an ex staff member, speaking out against abuse against staff, I'm a mini gm vigilante? Do you actually know what vigilante means? I'm not running around reporting people, I'm stating my opinion ( "as I said it was just to express an opinion and maybe some people just can't handle that." ) Hypocrisy, insulting/ slandering, and idiocy. Thats also another demerit.

I'm also responsible for almost 75% of the staff members being where they are, so of course I'm going to defend my recruits. Its a non paid job, and after countless trolls, thoroughbred idiots, and genuine assholes, after going through it a long time, I dont blame any of them for snapping at one point or another. With the attitude you're showing, I doubt anyone would want to be a staff for this game, if they're expected to be perfect all the time, for no compensation.

Not once did I mention you were talking about me. Looks like you have a guilty conscience. Another demerit!

If what you said isn't relevant to me, even though I am an ex staff member, how is what you say relevant at all, since you have never been a staff member on this game?

This may be an opinionated topic, but there are also forum rules. Your "opinion" is off topic. It doesnt matter if you "didn't have a problem introducing it". And if you "didnt have a problem introducing it" then you shouldn't have a problem getting responses. However it shouldn't have been posted on a topic about Shiny Token stores in the first place. It causes people to respond to you, turning the focus away from Darcias point at hand. And It just felt like a childish insult being swung at staff members, just because you wanted to be promoted to GM, but didn't get promoted.

Keep in mind, unlike yourself, I'm not attacking YOU, I'm attacking your post. And I am doing so because I feel it was made in poor taste, and I honestly doubt you have worked on an MMO for over 3 years (most of the PWO staff atm), in a position that has you directly involved with the community like some of the guides and GM's and Admins. Thats not including the one you tried to create yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.