Token store shiny Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikola

Youngster
-Recently someone got a shiny Pokémon from a token store. Can't recall anyone got them since long ago. I do agree that shiny Pokémon should be super rare and hard to get but there is one thing which doesn't fit in at all. So basically people are only donating for a shiny to get a shiny Pokémon right? As we were told thousands of times from a staffs that shiny Pokemon are guaranteed to be 28/32 Ivs and of course we are expecting them to be 28/32. Now I want to talk about shiny UCs. Got my hands on a Pokemon from store(21267393)...awesome. Made a few level ups and discovered that we were not actually guaranteed of anything.

-Back in the days opportunity was given to get a shiny UC for a few bucks. Personally I hold 7/8 shiny UCs from token store and they were all valid. Their IVs span was 28 till 32(veekun impossible). Now I wonder what happened with those ods? Saw tons of topics about shiny UCs, token store and IVs ratio. In every post it is clearly visible that we were guaranteed of IVs ratio named above(28/32). Funny thing is that we were newer told that shiny from token store become different comparing with those 20$ shinies back in the day. And more funnier thing is that shiny can cost thousands of dollars(real paper dollar...). I am holding a token shiny Pokemon atm. And I am not really impressed with his IVs and now I wonder is that even worthy of a few million pokédollars. I can only guess that price of this shiny Pokémon should be somewhere around 1.6/1.8 billions.

-People were stubborn. Mostly of them gave up of a shiny chance after doing some math. Others continued to pursuit that chance and eventually they got one.

-I wonder can anyone imagine how does it feels to not be able login after 200 of attempts in game and play and yet get a shiny token Pokémon with invalid stat set. I am saying once more just in case you forgot. No one told us that this might happen after it actually happened. More money went through that store then went through international bank and why? To eventually get something we are going to regret?

-I am asking both sides here to be polite, honest and to give me second thoughts. Pokémon can be manipulated. This is a game written in a codes. Things can be fixed, there are not many cases like this one it only require a little effort. This is not a 5 dollar case. I would really like to hear thoughts of person who is responsible for this. I am not going to think primitive and look this like a decoy(look people got a shiny go and get one). But seriously this is something...

-When I am buying a car I am expecting it to drive...Thanks for listening.

Tecknician

This may or may not be intentional. Can I get the ID so I can get more information?

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
I have hopes of NOT seeing an staff member and/or player saying ''it was a donation, and was your own choice'' because we are talking about real money, let the virtual stuff out, dollars are dollars. I support your feelings, your example about the car is perfect, even if we're donating, the things can be solved when something like this happens, otherwise is like ''I dont care about your money''.

Thychiz

Tecknician said:
This may or may not be intentional. Can I get the ID so I can get more information?

I think he's talking about me, Got a Shiny espeon from Token store - only to find it's speed and other IVs pretty dismal. IGN: Thychiz

Jhaxion

Thychiz said:
Tecknician said:

I think he's talking about me, Got a Shiny espeon from Token store - only to find it's speed and other IVs pretty dismal. IGN: Thychiz

Only one word comes to mind: WOW!!! Sucks that stats aren't good

Dragon16

Youngster
So you got a Espeon from the token store and yet the iv's are not those of a shiny pokemon, that is not right..

Thychiz

Yeah.. a little disappointed to be honest, and now with the issues i'm having with not receiving my tokens .. I thought they'd look after donors a little better. I'll update if the stats do get fixed by an admin.

Merse

Youngster
Three things come in my mind.
First: If I would have a shiny Charizard, I wouldn't care about its IVs :D
Second: If you can get shinys from the Token Store, I too think it is reasonable to have the same IV range as shinys caught ingame.
Third: I wish to suggest once again to revisit the shiny IVs and set it according to later versions of Pokemon, so they not necessarily have the best stats ;)

Nikola

Youngster
-Well PWO was always unique and has its own special way how things should work and it does look nice. There are just sometimes some bad things that might happen and eventually they got fixed. Either way things will be clarified soon or later. Well as I said above, I've personally was holding several shiny UCs from store bought back in the days. IV range was minimum 28 up to 32 which is usually abbreviated as veekun impossible. Guess that IVs are stored in the database and everyone who is having access to it can alter them and see what is going on. Pretty sure that everyone was locked under that assumption when gambling for the shiny chance since it was not told anywhere that it might bugged or not working properly. I just find it rather divisive that it would not be noted that shiny Pokémon, obtained on the token store, wouldn't have all 28+ IVs. It's quiet of a shock when it happens and you were pursuing that luck for quiet long. It is a really unpleasant experience in this case. But well bugs and glitches can happen anytime and it is nothing new.

Koriban

How long did it take for you to get that shiny Espeon, if I may ask?

I've spent more than I care to even think on Shiny-Chance token store pokes and have had nothing. I get that it's a chance but 1/50 or worse surely is abysmal considering how much money that actually costs.

If we're going to be gambling away our hard earned money on SC's I'd like to know the rate, frankly.

Thychiz

Koriban said:
How long did it take for you to get that shiny Espeon, if I may ask?

I've spent more than I care to even think on Shiny-Chance token store pokes and have had nothing. I get that it's a chance but 1/50 or worse surely is abysmal considering how much money that actually costs.

If we're going to be gambling away our hard earned money on SC's I'd like to know the rate, frankly.

I'm not willing to say exactly. But let's just say if it were a rate of 1/50 i'd likely have more than one. 1/8000 sounds more likely. If it's anything higher than 1/1000 then I personally believe they should come as wild shinys do with higher IVs. Taking into account how much it actually does cost, compared to the cost of a pokeball. And if for some reason my particular situation was a bug (as the above posters have said that their UC shinys had 28+ in all IVs) I hope my IVs can be adjusted, and I will continue being a happy donating customer :)

Koriban

So, if someone is attempting to get a shiny poke from a store, and lets say they're buying a snorlax SC at 10 dollars a piece with a (lets assume) 1/1000 chance at a shiny.

Do the staff honestly expect people to pay up to 10,000 dollars?

Personally find that ludicrous. And that's just for a 9 token pokemon. Something needs to be put in place.

Nikola

Youngster
No official odds were told nor this is topic to discus about them. This topic was made to clarify what is happening with our Pokemon.

Thychiz

Darcia said:
No official odds were told nor this is topic to discus about them. This topic was made to clarify what is happening with our Pokemon.

^^
What he said. I think somebody is taking things a little off topic. I don't believe it should be easy at all to get a shiny from the shop, It would ruin the economy and eventually the game, but IF somebody is lucky enough to defy the insanely high odds against them and get one, it should yield the same IVs as ingame catch-able shinies. IMHO anyway.

Koriban

I agree with that wholeheartedly. If you do defy the odds then you should, by all means, get just as good a shiny as any other. I'm just simply stating that currently, you're not getting your moneys worth.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Players chose to make the assumption that the minimum applies for Token Store, nobody has ever asked to be sure. The minimum only applies to caught shinies.

*Assuming first post is about this, space between paragraphs. >_>

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
* shiny pokemon in game have a 28-32 iv skill range.

* to obtain a shiny pokemon from the token store, you must pay 2 more tokens than its allotted price.

* this is actual money going into the opportunity to obtain a shiny pokemon

* no where does it state that shiny token pokemon do not have a guarentee of all uber stats.

* what this leads to is misrepresentation, and customers] dont get what they were led to believe they were getting.

* no one should ever have to ask for something important as this, it should be in the details, along with price, and chance of obtaining or not.

basically. if you're going to have your players believe they have the chance to obtain a shiny for 2 extra tokens, you might want to put in the fact that they are flawed, and do not have the uber stat boost.

if the players were properly made aware before hand, that they wouldnt have the 28-32 iv skill set, people wouldnt be trying to buy them, and situations like this didnt arise.

but people are being misled, and going under the premise they will get 28-32 ivs, and are basically investing real money into something that will end up being less than what they desired.

There was no warning, or prior notice about how faulty the token store shinys would be. as a show of good faith, for the players that wasted their money, and your community, im suggesting that the token store shiny pokemon have their IV's fixed, and if you cant fix the ones currently owned by darcia and the other guy, then they should have theirs replaced by properly working level 5 versions of that shiny, with 28-32 iv skill range.

this is real money we're dealing with, and the players deserve the best thats available for their contribution to PWO.

Thychiz

Bluerise has "laid down the law". I'm done trying to argue my point and what I believe to be fair.
It's pretty clear where the PWO community side on this issue. I'm not going to bother saying anything more.

Status
Not open for further replies.