Token store shiny Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomG

http://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/stat_calc ... 0&level=10

That's my S Espeon's stats

http://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/stat_calc ... 0&level=10

My S Dratini's stats

Yes there good but there not super uber leet like most of you are making out....... Sure theres going to be some that are good but as of yet I haven't seen a fully Maxed UC S.
As for the people who have a grudge against people donating and getting these pokemon yes its nice to get a reward for your cash its helping the server out! As for the economy I'm not selling mine anytime soon and I expect most others will do the same too.

Thychiz

Bluerise said:
KeksReloaded and Thychiz have had 2 tokens added to their accounts. ~
Thanks. What about the 240 that were paid for on the 14th?

And regarding the rest of the posts... All I can say is wow. I held my tongue earlier because, well frankly it wasn't worth it, and I had still hoped that Bluerise would do the decent thing, to keep a paying loyal player happy, who was mislead through no real fault of my own as I asked the question SEVERAL times in the help channel before donating, only to get the same answer as the entire community thought.
But it's pretty obvious what the admins have done, they saw the community a little "annoyed" and some threatening to not donate again, so they come up with a sure-fire way to squash that instantly, and boost their donations by what I can probably assume is a factor of about 5 times more than usual. Bravo - well played. I seriously mean that, an impressive bit of thinking, but it could have potentially ruined the game.

I don't know if i'm the only one who's thinking like this, but I can honestly say that with the new client I actually hope for a full wipe. But that's me thinking for the "good of the game", not for myself and the money and time spent. Like most of you will.

root

Hey Bluerise,

I was wondering if the token store pokemon are going to stay at 15+ ivs. then might as well also put all the regular pokemon in the wild as the same ivs rate.
We as players have gotten used to seeing all the S pokemon as 28ivs+. When looking at the S UC pokemon and not getting 28+ivs it looks weird. I for one would prefer to get used to this idea that S pokemon are not always 28+ivs. This will prepare me when I finally get that S Shuckle, from the store and not go cry when I see its ivs.

KstersSlade

root said:
Hey Bluerise,

I was wondering if the token store pokemon are going to stay at 15+ ivs. then might as well also put all the regular pokemon in the wild as the same ivs rate.
We as players have gotten used to seeing all the S pokemon as 28ivs+. When looking at the S UC pokemon and not getting 28+ivs it looks weird. I for one would prefer to get used to this idea that S pokemon are not always 28+ivs. This will prepare me when I finally get that S Shuckle, from the store and not go cry when I see its ivs.

If that were to happen then what would be the reason for people to break their backs hunting in game for a shiny poke that may have terrible stats? Its one thing to click the "buy" button in the token store and another to hunt all day in game.

psychosamm

Youngster
root said:
Hey Bluerise,

Only Shiny pokemon bought from the token store are 15+ivs now, the bonus chance doesn't come with that anymore if its normal. And i agree with Ksters, people hunt to get great stat shinies and i think they should be rewarded for their work. People who buy shinies shouldn't have that same luxury, and they don't. I think it's fine just the way it is right now honestly.

Thychiz

psychosamm said:
root said:
Hey Bluerise,

Only Shiny pokemon bought from the token store are 15+ivs now, the bonus chance doesn't come with that anymore if its normal. And i agree with Ksters, people hunt to get great stat shinies and i think they should be rewarded for their work. People who buy shinies shouldn't have that same luxury, and they don't. I think it's fine just the way it is right now honestly.

Let me share a little logic with you.

We all know that, in the real world at least, time=money. We all (or most of us) spend time at work in order to earn money, to live and sometimes even enjoy a few luxuries along the way. So by your logic, if I had money - that I had not worked for (spent time earning), and I took that money to my local shopping center, I'd be restricted to buying items of lesser quality simply because I didn't work for my money? Rubbish.
Note: That over my life I have worked very hard for my money, i'm just making a point.

I have to laugh a little bit, it seems everything the admins do is aimed to screw me over in one way or another (probably indirectly, not on purpose). Over the past week I had mass purchased over 100 different eeveelutions, trying to find ones with high IVs to add to my team, and literally the DAY after I was satisfied with what i'd gained, this +15 in every IV system was released, not only making all the leftovers I bought worth a lot less - but meaning I had wasted a tonne of money for nothing. Also "upping" the shiny chance, the moment I get the first shiny from the Token Store that has been seen a very long time, vastly reducing the value of my shiny (not that I had intended to sell it anyway, but now i'm re-thinking it.)... Again, I'm sure all of this was indirect and not intended to sabotage my efforts - but the timing does make one laugh.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
LittleOne said:
Thychiz said:
psychosamm said:
root said:
Hey Bluerise,

Let me share a little logic with you.

We all know that, in the real world at least, time=money. We all (or most of us) spend time at work in order to earn money, to live and sometimes even enjoy a few luxuries along the way. So by your logic, if I had money - that I had not worked for (spent time earning), and I took that money to my local shopping center, I'd be restricted to buying items of lesser quality simply because I didn't work for my money? Rubbish.
Note: That over my life I have worked very hard for my money, i'm just making a point.

I have to laugh a little bit, it seems everything the admins do is aimed to screw me over in one way or another (probably indirectly, not on purpose). Over the past week I had mass purchased over 100 different eeveelutions, trying to find ones with high IVs to add to my team, and literally the DAY after I was satisfied with what i'd gained, this +15 in every IV system was released, not only making all the leftovers I bought worth a lot less - but meaning I had wasted a tonne of money for nothing. Also "upping" the shiny chance, the moment I get the first shiny from the Token Store that has been seen a very long time, vastly reducing the value of my shiny (not that I had intended to sell it anyway, but now i'm re-thinking it.)... Again, I'm sure all of this was indirect and not intended to sabotage my efforts - but the timing does make one laugh.

Lol!!!!

You have 2 choices:

1- The easy way, consist on buying ''UC'' with ''SC/NSC'' and cross your fingers to get 1 with epic stats or a Shiny one, wich hopefully will come SOON OR LATE.
2- The hard way, I'll put myself as example, I never gave away a single dollar for this game and I own a S drago and a collection of battlers with good/epic stats. But it took me 5 years, a lot of time.

I have a work and I have real money and yet wasn't needed to get what I want, but that was my own choice. Think about it, no one is forcing you to take the easy way to make you lose money.

PD: Bis_eastwood lost 200 tokens without getting a Shiny Uc and Daniel has expended 250 tokens just a week before this event.

Boora

Youngster
it might sound to "easy" but i'd like to point out something
the actions that followed this thread were horrible, shiny chance should've been increased but not by that much and the iv's are just a joke for one simple reason
instead of doing all that so called "event" and letting everyone have 15iv+ pokes even as none shiny's
which lead to tons of people having 28-32iv's none-shiny pokemons, and yes i mean TONS of people.

why not just say "ops" and fix the dude's espeon and Darcia's pokemon aswell 1 thing to point out
the game's been up for so long that there are over 20 or even more "Epic" espeons in-game which have far better i'vs then the one's this dude got so fixing his espeon wont effect anyone and it'll show that it was an honest mistake
now if it was intentional then saying "don't assume" is just wrong for the simple reason that normal shiny's has 28-32 iv's and a shiny that was bought instead of caught is still a normal shiny. and you didn't let anyone know otherwise, you can't expect people to assume the shiny's from the store wont have the same stats you just cant
when it comes to real money you have to be flat out honest about it , and before someone says "its a donation" yes it is. but the extra 2 dollars people spend is because the store advertises that for extra 2 bucks you can get a shiny and for 99.9% of the people shiny means 28-32iv% the 0.01 is Staff.
when you say "its a donation " its just a cover for not getting sued, it doesn't mean you shouldn't get what you donated for, i mean yes keeping the server up costs money
but without the rewards they'll get 10$ a month at most. (the donation part of my comment was for people who use this excuse to say "its a donation your fault. not staff memebrs.)
so again you could've just said it was intentional but cause we FORGOT/DIDN'T say so, fix the guys espeon and from now on DO let everyone know in the token store or a forum thread that the i'vs wont be 28+

Just my thoughts.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Boora said:
the actions that followed this thread were horrible, shiny chance should've been increased but not by that much and the iv's are just a joke for one simple reason
instead of doing all that so called "event" and letting everyone have 15iv+ pokes even as none shiny's
which lead to tons of people having 28-32iv's none-shiny pokemons, and yes i mean TONS of people.

why not just say "ops" and fix the dude's espeon and Darcia's pokemon aswell 1 thing to point out
the game's been up for so long that there are over 20 or even more "Epic" espeons in-game which have far better i'vs then the one's this dude got so fixing his espeon wont effect anyone and it'll show that it was an honest mistake
now if it was intentional then saying "don't assume" is just wrong for the simple reason that normal shiny's has 28-32 iv's and a shiny that was bought instead of caught is still a normal shiny. and you didn't let anyone know otherwise, you can't expect people to assume the shiny's from the store wont have the same stats you just cant
when it comes to real money you have to be flat out honest about it , and before someone says "its a donation" yes it is. but the extra 2 dollars people spend is because the store advertises that for extra 2 bucks you can get a shiny and for 99.9% of the people shiny means 28-32iv% the 0.01 is Staff.
when you say "its a donation " its just a cover for not getting sued, it doesn't mean you shouldn't get what you donated for, i mean yes keeping the server up costs money
but without the rewards they'll get 10$ a month at most. (the donation part of my comment was for people who use this excuse to say "its a donation your fault. not staff memebrs.)
so again you could've just said it was intentional but cause we FORGOT/DIDN'T say so, fix the guys espeon and from now on DO let everyone know in the token store or a forum thread that the i'vs wont be 28+

Just my thoughts.

Woa... Thumbs up...

Thychiz

matileo19 said:
Boora said:

Just my thoughts.

Woa... Thumbs up...

It's so obvious where the community side on this issue, and i'm the same - Thought I may be bias since it's my poke :p But I hate to say it lads... Never in my life have I seen an admin or GM overturn their decision on a privately run game like this, weather it be ego, an "i'm never wrong" complex, or even sometimes they simply believe they did the right thing. It just won't happen. And that sucks but what are we going to do? sit here complaining on the forums about it for the next 6 months? Or simply remember the way this was handled next time we donate? I know which i'm going to do.
It's pretty poor that this happened, and the WAY it was handled was even worse - But it's done. I for one am not going to waste my time "crying over spilled milk", Those of you who have protested on my behalf, Thank you, I had never met a single one of you, you are all great people.

I want to end this post on a good note, Because of all the negativity being thrown around lately, PWO needs it. I'd like to thank Bluerise and the other admins for a truly remarkable game they have built. Just because I disagree with a decision made, does not mean I don't have the highest respect for these guys (and possibly girls, if there are any). Thanks again for what you've provided us with.

patONER

Thychiz said:
matileo19 said:
Boora said:

Just my thoughts.

Woa... Thumbs up...

It's so obvious where the community side on this issue, and i'm the same - Thought I may be bias since it's my poke :p But I hate to say it lads... Never in my life have I seen an admin or GM overturn their decision on a privately run game like this, weather it be ego, an "i'm never wrong" complex, or even sometimes they simply believe they did the right thing. It just won't happen. And that sucks but what are we going to do? sit here complaining on the forums about it for the next 6 months? Or simply remember the way this was handled next time we donate? I know which i'm going to do.
It's pretty poor that this happened, and the WAY it was handled was even worse - But it's done. I for one am not going to waste my time "crying over spilled milk", Those of you who have protested on my behalf, Thank you, I had never met a single one of you, you are all great people.

I want to end this post on a good note, Because of all the negativity being thrown around lately, PWO needs it. I'd like to thank Bluerise and the other admins for a truly remarkable game they have built. Just because I disagree with a decision made, does not mean I don't have the highest respect for these guys (and possibly girls, if there are any). Thanks again for what you've provided us with.

What a mature, top bloke.

Good on you man

STRAYA! :)

iHugo

I understand what you saying Mati, but stop and think about.
As u said up there, u didnt gave a single dollar at this game.
To keep the server on, do u realise that money is needed?
I know how hard ppl try to get a epic shiny ingame, ive tried that to.
Otherwise, im a donator, and i help sever keeps going on, to ppl like u, that dont give a single money can keep playing.
So i dont think its fair, after donate a few hundred dollars, maybe Thousands, you get a fail poke...
You work ingame, and gets the poke. I work outside and get the money, to finally get the poke. Whats the difference? Im helping server to keep online.
Think about it.

Yukiro~

Youngster
Boora said:

Just my thoughts.
*Applauds* Especially the donation segment, a point I've been trying to get across for quite some time now. Well done good sir, well done.

We've been consistently told that donating is a privilege in which you receive a gift for, tell me this, how many players would donate if it were not for their own benefit? Not saying there are players who aren't truly faithful, there are...for example, BlameAoD. Let's be honest it states in the copy right of Nintendo that any fan make Pokemon game is allowed as long as it's nonprofit in any way. I have to ask is all of the money being donated really just going towards the server? Just a general question, not pointing any fingers.

I've always had the theory that getting that "gift" was also an indirect way of saying, well hey...you donate and you get this in return...since when the hell was that ever known as a gift? In any case if it were...we wouldn't need to spend money to get it. If I'm incorrect then stop me now.
Some of you guys up their make mistakes and just simply are to lazy to take the blame for it, and to be honest I don't care what argument you throw out there it's the plain and hard truth, it's about time players start to speak out about it.
I'm not saying the game is bad at all, no, I'm just saying it hasn't ran the best way it could have. You can't start out with not hiring some immature staff members who you claim to be qualified yet constantly argue with the players and the only excuse we get in return is "you started it first" or "that player was frying him/her," they're staff for a reason mainly because they're held to a higher standard. Then maybe go on to fix mistakes that are being openly made, if you have this many people complaining, I don't think that means it should be taken away I just think it means there should be a poll vote, ultimately that should determine whether or not this system even remains.

In a nutshell, I think it's about time that we let the players of the community decide what's best for once, and the losing side will have to just deal with it. I also agree with Darcia, originally people were promised shinys were 28+ ivs, this pretty much ruins everything.

Regards,
Yukiro~

I do not want to complain about the token store event, as it is actually a really cool, fun idea. I do appreciate staff. Finally, I don't want to be a player who nobody listens to because he/she always complains. But SOMEBODY has to say this.

This solution is not a solution.
The staff hurt the people that had an issue and rewarded everyone else. Why didn't they just fix the Espeon and Salamence and then add a disclaimer to the token store? That would have fixed everything and we could've all moved on from this issue.

Instead, Darcia/Thychiz still have UCs that aren't worth their grit in battle, and the other regular UCs they got from the token store are going to be worth a bit less. Furthermore, they had to get the UCs when it was hard, while everyone else can get one a bit easier now. The others also got a guaranteed decent 15+ UC if the SC failed; something Darcia/Thychiz didn't get when trying to obtain theirs.

Then, Darcia and Thychiz were given 2 tokens. How much money did Thychiz sink for an Espeon? 100 or so eeveelutions, right? 17 tokens each for SC. Just 50 tries would cost $850 and he/she got 2 tokens for the trouble. No guaranteed 15+ IVs for the failed SC.

It wouldn't be a problem if this was an unrelated event and these two just had poor timing, but it's being presented as a solution.

By this point, it's too late to do anything and I'm not asking for anything to happen. I am not ungrateful for the opportunity either. I'm just trying to be constructive and logical. To me, it seems like this situation was handled poorly, and I cringe when I put myself in Thychiz and Darcia's shoes. This "solution" is more similar to a distraction.

I just beg staff that next time when something like this comes up, PLEASE do something that will actually solve the issue.

Yukiro~

Youngster
I also like to be a fair person, if they change the espeon and the sala or whatever it was...it could turn into a controversy because there are other players who now have S Uc with not so good stats, in term the staff would also have to change theirs and that's just a lot of work. So it's now just a really sticky situation. Not to mention we're assuming they can actually even change the stats of the S pokes already gotten from the token store, we don't even know how their system works.

iHugo

Its kinda messed now... Before that, when someone was seeling a shiny poke, ud have sure all stats were pretty good.
Now even a shiny one can have so low stats, so u have to ask full ivs.
Also u can have a normal poke, that could easily taken, beatin the shiny ones...
Whats the point of getting them? They look cool?
Its like gets a Ferrari, with a crap engine...
The "Shiny" thing saddly lost his meaning...

CrimsonSapphire

So the token's price increased because of this "event" xD
What will happen after this? The minimum shiny ivs is still 15+ or 28+ ?
I smell scamming
~_~

Yukiro~

Youngster
Even if they go back to normal after the event I believe the outcome will have already been too drastic.

Koriban

Dex. said:
So the token's price increased because of this "event" xD
What will happen after this? The minimum shiny ivs is still 15+ or 28+ ?
I smell scamming
~_~

Frankly, it's about time. Tokens were far too undervalued, considering it's 1 dollar a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.