Token store shiny Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScruffyHusky

What I don't understand is, how on earth did you not expect us to make an assumption that makes so much sense to us. When you're making us pay 2 more dollars for that shiny chance, we expect it to have shiny stats. I mean, why would anyone in their right mind pay 2 dollars more for a, excuse my better lack of words, crappy Pokemon.

It just doesn't make sense to me, and I'm sure to the rest of the community, on how that would make sense to the admins, and how you guys thought we should have known about the random stats, or how it would even come to our mind to ask about it.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
The problem was, because we didn't know so many of you THOUGHT that, we didn't know there was a problem either. If we'd known, we'd have made a better effort to correct the mistake earlier and communicate the facts better. So it was a vicious circle; and we're all somewhat guilty.

I agree with all of the last four comments. Mistakes were made; let's not let it happen again. We WILL in future take more precautions to ensure ALL the facts are represented; and if anyone DOES ever have questions, we hope you will let us know promptly so we can solve them before they cause problems.

Serpentine

That is just the problem, Jinji, that we usually can not bring up an issue until that issue has manifested itself in some way. Let me give an example:

A new government is created and you live within the society upon which it enforces its laws. Now, a member of your community goes around and shackles everyone in the neighborhood, making them his slaves. When this fact is brought up to the government so the mistake can be punished and corrected, they say that this basic human right is denied by the constitution that they have created, which was not made available for everyone to see. Anyone with the community would assume that slavery within the community is disallowed, but maybe it's not, and they can't make sure it isn't because the rules are hidden, or veiled, and the assumption can only be shattered once the problem manifests itself in some way, in this example the man shackling his neighbors.

Although mine is a farfetched example, it does sort of explain what happened in this situation. I do think that all the trouble could have diverted by simply converting that ONE shiny espeon into a stronger version of itself, and then including a warning for all future purchases. The current solution seems a bit of an overreaction, and benefits everyone rather than the one person who actually received a shiny, who can't even donate anymore because he never received tokens from a $240 donation, which he donated even after such a disappointing S Espeon.

G

Colemillionaire15 said:
LOL.

That is literally all I can say in response to that.
What is your problem with the staff? Every time Jinji offers to help or resolve the issue, you practically spit in his face and cry about how things aren't getting fixed when you want them to. Jinji is trying to help SOLVE the problem, and by acting like a spoiled 5-year old, you're not making it any better.

Colemillionaire15

" Shiny: A Pokemon which is sparkly and is a different colour than its normal counterpart. These pokemon also have stat bonuses and are highly sought after. (eg. Zubat = a Shiny Zubat). Sometimes [NS] is used to refer to non-Shiny Pokemon, but this is not as common a term."

Someone will need to update the Wiki. Under General Information->Common Terms.

Colemillionaire15

Magikarpo said:
Colemillionaire15 said:
LOL.

That is literally all I can say in response to that.
What is your problem with the staff? Every time Jinji offers to help or resolve the issue, you practically spit in his face and cry about how things aren't getting fixed when you want them to. Jinji is trying to help SOLVE the problem, and by acting like a spoiled 5-year old, you're not making it any better.

I'd have to disagree. I think I am making things better if you believe in accountability, honesty, and apologies. If you want to speak directly to me instead of something relevant to this post, then respond in the PM I sent you.

Saric

Youngster
Colemillionaire15 said:
" Shiny: A Pokemon which is sparkly and is a different colour than its normal counterpart. These pokemon also have stat bonuses and are highly sought after. (eg. Zubat = a Shiny Zubat). Sometimes [NS] is used to refer to non-Shiny Pokemon, but this is not as common a term."

Someone will need to update the Wiki. Under General Information->Common Terms.

Clarified a bit in terms of shiny token store pokes.

Koriban

Saric said:
To be honest both sides are a bit at fault. The staff side for not making it too clear, and the player side for making the assumption in the first place.

Indeed, but usually the staff takes responsibility (as Jinji has done) for their mishaps because they have full control over the game, where as we do not. I suppose it's just one of those things. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

I agree that had bluerise been a bit less stubborn and simply solved the ONE pokemon, all of this mess would not have occurred, and you wouldn't have had so much an issue on your hands. Sometimes pride gets in the way. But what's done is done and now you have to fix it - your best way of doing that, in my opinion, is set a date when this limited time token store ends. A prompt date. That way, there will be no more tears. You also need to advertise this, perhaps a system message in game would help, so that people don't "miss out" on the opportunity.

Just my 2 cents.

Nikola

Youngster
-After reading this whole topic. I realized few things. Main post might look a little confusing itself but after people replied it is understandable. Both me and Thychiz are having Pokemon in our possession bought from token store "before" there was a warning made. Combining every post in this topic leads to some painless solution and remedy can be applied. Those Pokemon were bough with a shiny chance. That means additional 2 tokens were added in order to unlock that chance. After this whole thing was fixed we were given a chance to pay extra 2 tokens to unlock a Bonus chance which means minimum 15IV's is guaranteed. I wonder why previously bought Pokemon aren't treated as such? Since 2 extra tokens were given in a first place just as we are giving now. Thank to that issue is now fixed. But what bothers me is that fact remains that 2 additional tokens were given.

-Bluerise decided not to alter their IVs and make them like they are in wild(28/32). After seeing this thing fixed...personally I think that best thing would be to find ourselves in a middle and have our Pokemon treated as a Bonus things(min 15IV). That would be the something I can call "fair" since 2 extra tokens were given after all. It's truth that people were given what what they payed for. In this case they were given a Pokemon of min 15Iv since they decided to give extra 2 tokens. Same with Pokemon currently possessed by Thychiz and myself. Whole thing caused a large mislead and people are having second thoughts at some point. So I came with a conclusion: If you don't want to alter/replace our Pokemon with stats that applies for Pokemon caught in wild then give us the fair opportunity to have our Pokemon replaced with a Bonus thing. If anyone of you thinks different you are free to post and express your feeling.

-Just to add. I am not looking at this thing on a bad way. I can't expect that something which is BETA will work properly. Personally after this incident I used my tokens to get Pokemon I like and I got that Pokemon. I didn't came here to say: I am not going use token store anymore since I feel hurt. I am a person who will rip apart for a justice since they taught me that. I am not a 20 years old anymore and I am not going to repeat same things many times but I think that Ive learned through my lifetime what can be called a fair choice. As everyone other I am seeking for a justice and I gave a proposal up there.

-Some people might get lucky and get their favorite Pokemon while this Bonus period is lasting. Personally...I am not going to encourage people who are complaining that this Bonus thing "sucks" for them since they didn't get a shot to get tokens and try their luck. Just to make some of you aware...there are few people who wasted 300+ tokens such as Bis and yet they are moving forward and hopping to get Pokemon they like. That is called a will combined with a bad luck. 300 tokens is not small thing and yet they are trying to achieve their goal. This is not pursuit for something. This is having guts to gamble with everything you have to get something you like.

-Once again. I am really thankful that few men took a responsibility and effort to make this fixed such as Jinji and Bluserise. You did very well. And for everyone who might find themselves unhappy. Please don't flood this topic since we are all trying to find a solution here. Thanks

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
KeksReloaded and Thychiz have had 2 tokens added to their accounts. ~

Koriban

Well put, Darcia.

I'd like to note Bis is not the only one who's spent 300 (or more) dollars before this whole thing. In fact, over the past several days I've spent the same if not more money on trying to get the pokemon I want. I got a few, and I was happy.

When the bonus thing was released, sure, I was a bit gutted that I had bought 12 snorlaxs prior to the bonus event, but the fact that they released the event gave me an opportunity to get the best of the Pokemon I want, same for everyone else. And so I've spent more money. I enjoy supporting PWO as I know best as a lone programmer how difficult it is to get started anywhere when you're not backed up by a massive company, so this isn't a problem. People who are refusing to buy Tokens over this charade frankly are only hurting themselves. This didn't effect you. The people who should of got the Shiny stats on their Pokemon are the ones effected. What the Admins have done is try to appeal to everyone, which is already impossible, but they've done their best.

I'm wondering now if more damage would be done if this event were to end? I would keep the shiny chance the same as before the event personally, but keep the 15+ IV thing. I say this because people may see Token pokemon as "not worth buying" after the event ends, because they're not getting the same deal. Lets keep the discussion on it, as it's good to get information and ideas moving freely between staff and players.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Koriban said:
I'm wondering now if more damage would be done if this event were to end? I would keep the shiny chance the same as before the event personally, but keep the 15+ IV thing. I say this because people may see Token pokemon as "not worth buying" after the event ends, because they're not getting the same deal. Lets keep the discussion on it, as it's good to get information and ideas moving freely between staff and players.
You should probably be checking on my changelog. ;)

Merse

Youngster
1) I can completely accept that none of the staff knew about that UC shinys doN't have granted 28+ IVs. They didn't know that someone some time fixed the catchable shiny's IVs to 28 until it was brought up to them by the community. Many people worked on PWO, many left, most of them without leaving proper notes or documentation. Nobody can work on everything and pay attention to everything, so it is quite possible that certain issues which are not constantly in the focus may avoid attention until they come up as a major issue.

2) I still think that it was an absolutely reasonable assumption that UC shinys will have granted IVs. When we EVER talked about shinys it was always presumed so. Nobody even thought about it that there may be a difference between token shinys and caught shinys, because there was absolutely no indication which would have suggested so.
It would be like a token store Dratini would evolve into a Shellgon and it would learn Ice Beam, Flare Blitz and Thunder. There is no reason to think it would. The same goes to shinys.
My point is that if it is a commonly and widely spread assumption, you can't just wash it away with a "Well you were wrong". Especially if it was supported by the official PWO wiki as quoted above. This is about REAL MONEY. Fortunately it's the real money of only two players so far, but still.

3) Cole, stop trolling, because you're only bullying here and you're not constructive.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Merse said:
They didn't know that someone some time fixed the catchable shiny's IVs to 28 until it was brought up to them by the community.
That is more due to a fault in testing I would say rather than being purposely done.

Merse

Youngster
My point is that it is absolutely possible that there are issues with the game none of you knows of.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
Anyone complaining about the shiny chance being too high;
300 tokens
39 shiny chances (the most so far)
32 on 5/7 token pokes
7 on 10+ token pokes
0 Shinies obtained.

I think the rate is just perfectly fine.

root

I would like to thank the staff on doing this little promotion on UC, was it necessary no, but I am not complaining. If anything this will only raise the prices of those pokemon bought with SC because it has a guarantee 15+ ivs. Although I do think the Shiny pokemon in the token store should be changed to 28-31 ivs, once this is over.

I would love to know the statistics of the bought pokemon though. Like how many S UC were bought. how many pokemon of each kind were bought. Stuff like that, if its not too much trouble once this little promotion is over.

Thanks again, PWO Staff.

PROMapperKnuckles

Youngster
I just boght a dratini and level 5 highest possible stat on atk is 11 so what happened to 15+ ivs with bonus??

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
I can tell you myself, no shiny uc under 8/10tokens were obtained.

and knuckes, the 15 minumum is just for shinies now. no longer available for normal pokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.