Token store shiny Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thychiz

Just clarifying - for the community, My UC shiny (probably the only one gained since they were available at a 100% rate) will still retain it's current low IVs (speed and def specifically at a rate of 0-6ish)? For what reason exactly? I know for a fact that it would take less than 20 seconds for anyone with admin privileges who is competent with computers to replace it, provided there is a simple enough system in place (which I can only assume there is, as there's been no issue generating pokemon for the community and admins in the past).
So all I can put it down to is, stubbornness. Refusal to accept that people were in-fact mislead, intentionally or not...

Koriban

It does seem you got shafted a bit. I wouldn't mind if you got it replaced, as frankly the situation in my opinion is unique enough to warrant it. I guess it's up to Bluerise. Considering you are, probably, the only one to actually get one - because anyone else would have also brought up the low-IV's point, for finding this ... lets call it a "bug" (or miscommunication) you should be compensated.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
There was no bug, as far as i'm concern you got what was paid for.

Serkan.ince

Pwo began to worsen due to Shiny UCs. I understand you staffs you are earn a lot of money but game will be really bad due to this Shiny UCs. Pwo's economy changed totally. Market is going to drop bad.
For example : My friends had a (S) Walrein/(S) Tyranitar . Their worth decreased a lot. (S) Rares / (S) Vrs worth decreased too. UC pokemons will be cheaper than HR pokemons. What will be the difference our Shiny statted pokemons ?? We paid a lot for these pokes and now their worth really decreased.
Too many player have Shiny UCs now. I saw 15-20 (S) UCs the first day of this issue. Everyone will have (S) UCs soon. They worth will be same as (S) Rares soon. Game getting worse due to Shiny UCs :(

fableboy

Serkan_ince said:
Pwo began to worsen due to Shiny UCs. I understand you staffs you are earn a lot of money but game will be really bad due to this Shiny UCs. Pwo's economy changed totally. Market is going to drop bad.
For example : My friend had a (S) Walrein. It worth decreased 200-300m. (S) Rares / (S) Vrs worth decreased too. UC pokemons will be cheaper than HR pokemons. What will be the difference our Shiny statted pokemons ?? We paid a lot for these pokes and now their worth really decreased.
Too many player have Shiny UCs now. I saw 15-20 (S) UCs the first day of this issue. Everyone will have (S) UCs soon. They worth will be same as (S) Rares soon. Game getting worse due to Shiny UCs :(
i totally agree with serkan the shiny UC rate must not be that much that you are getting a s UC every second pokemon you buy from token store as SC tey were supposed to be 1/8000 withour MS and 1/2000 with MS as every other shiny this way only a v few s UCs will be here and the one in thousand s UC will worth alot but since these s UCs are so common and even with bad ivs they are almsot a waste...

Thychiz

I'm confused, did the shiny chance rate suddenly go up from the token store or something? I must have missed that memo.

Serpentine

Adding this guranteed 15+ IV is the worst move that could be made to the store. For 2 extra tokens you can get an uber pokemon, and now the token donors control the entire market, with S UC prices falling below S HR value. Seriously, horrible move.

Serpentine

Yes it did Thychiz, go buy as many good pokemon as you can, hopefully I can buy one of you if you are kind =p

Thychiz

Serpentine said:
Yes it did Thychiz, go buy as many good pokemon as you can, hopefully I can buy one of you if you are kind =p

Please show me where it was documented then? And nah i'll pass. Not donating another cent until the last donation I made actually goes onto my account.

Merse

Youngster
Look at it form the devs point: I'm sure donations will raise by 200% for the next few months...
Although it indeed will ruin the price of UCs. For extra 2 tokens I can be sure now that it was worth investing in that particular Pokemon I wanna buy, because it will be good. From now on EVERY UC will be at least decent (even 15 IVs overall are acceptable...)
I'm afraid that the staff handled this whole situation very badly. Why couldn't they just leave the shiny purchase as it was and change the IVs of that single one Pokemon. The "you get what you have paid for" attitude is just selfish, arrogant and desperately tries to avoid to face the fact that even they may are wrong... The changes consequently were introduced make PWO become more paying-oriented.
Seriously! Other than that SINLGE ONE shiny Poke gotten form the Store, no ham was done. Did anyone have a problem with the previous method of getting a shiny Poke from the store? I don't think so...

Koriban

Serpentine said:
Adding this guranteed 15+ IV is the worst move that could be made to the store. For 2 extra tokens you can get an uber pokemon, and now the token donors control the entire market, with S UC prices falling below S HR value. Seriously, horrible move.

The chances of getting a bad poke are still quite high, even with the guaranteed 15+ IV thing in place tbh. I do agree that this should only be a limited-time-only thing and not permanent, as if left over time, the economy would slowly be ruled by the donators... (even though the economy has always been ruled by the donators)

It's not a horrible move. It's just a good tactic to boost sales for a while. I suggest Bluerise takes care with this, though, and mediate how many new Shiny UC's are coming through.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Bluerise wasn't the only one who instigated this limited-time change to the bonus - I was also partially responsible for the decision. The reason for it, is I felt making an apology for the mistake by offering to players that their next donations would have an increased value so as to make up for your own perceptions of lost value before now, would help to make up for the difference in expectations and show that we do care greatly about the satisfaction of our users.

As many of you have pointed out, this may well be a short-sighted decision; as although some Pokémon do not significantly become "better" with higher IVs because they are difficult to use effectively in battle as a whole, many do; and the guarantee for larger donations does further widen the divide between those who donate and those who simply try to catch their Pokémon nature - which, I agree, is contrary to how the game SHOULD operate. For this, I hold up my hands and apologise; and as Lee has stated, this will only be a temporary measure.

A lot of people have asked me regarding my opinions on this entire issue. To be honest, I am just incredibly disappointed it's happened in the first place; and I'd rather concentrate on us trying to resolve the matter and come up with some solution that is workable and satisfies our players without too much unfairness on previous donors; instead of just playing a blame game with everyone.

G

Jinji said:
To be honest, I am just incredibly disappointed it's happened in the first place; and I'd rather concentrate on us trying to resolve the matter and come up with some solution that is workable and satisfies our players without too much unfairness on previous donors; instead of just playing a blame game with everyone.

I think you misspelled Gandhi when you were making your account. Nonetheless, I agree completely.

Colemillionaire15

Jinji said:
Bluerise wasn't the only one who instigated this limited-time change to the bonus - I was also partially responsible for the decision. The reason for it, is I felt making an apology for the mistake by offering to players that their next donations would have an increased value so as to make up for your own perceptions of lost value before now, would help to make up for the difference in expectations and show that we do care greatly about the satisfaction of our users.

As many of you have pointed out, this may well be a short-sighted decision; as although some Pokémon do not significantly become "better" with higher IVs because they are difficult to use effectively in battle as a whole, many do; and the guarantee for larger donations does further widen the divide between those who donate and those who simply try to catch their Pokémon nature - which, I agree, is contrary to how the game SHOULD operate. For this, I hold up my hands and apologise; and as Lee has stated, this will only be a temporary measure.

A lot of people have asked me regarding my opinions on this entire issue. To be honest, I am just incredibly disappointed it's happened in the first place; and I'd rather concentrate on us trying to resolve the matter and come up with some solution that is workable and satisfies our players without too much unfairness on previous donors; instead of just playing a blame game with everyone.

So you really want us to believe that Bluerise was the only person that knew that shiny UC didn't apply to the same rules as other shinies? I don't even want to bother wasting my time to quote Bluerise. Every arrogant reply he makes seems he is taking pleasure in finally being caught in his "scheme". Congratulations, you fooled everyone who donated! And thanks to everyone else who knew and just continued to mislead the community. Come up with any defense you want, but what you did was dirty. My membership expires on the 19th, and I assure you I won't be donating to this site ever again due to the handling of this situation and the downright disrespect for the members of this community.

Have a good one.~

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I'm not even going to BEGIN to explain how wrong you are there, Cole; and you completely misappropriated my comment.

Okay, I will share ONE opinion of this topic. To be frank, all it's telling me is that there's one life lesson that still remains sage advice: Don't make assumptions.

G

Colemillionaire15 said:
Jinji said:

So you really want us to believe that Bluerise was the only person that knew that shiny UC didn't apply to the same rules as other shinies? I don't even want to bother wasting my time to quote Bluerise. Every arrogant reply he makes seems he is taking pleasure in finally being caught in his "scheme". Congratulations, you fooled everyone who donated! And thanks to everyone else who knew and just continued to mislead the community. Come up with any defense you want, but what you did was dirty. My membership expires on the 19th, and I assure you I won't be donating to this site ever again due to the handling of this situation and the downright disrespect for the members of this community.

Have a good one.~
What? Do you have any idea what you're even talking about? Donating is exactly what you think it is - donating. You aren't forced to pay, or play for that matter. Every member of the staff works to keep a large, exponential community at bay while keeping an Indie game up and running. If you haven't noticed, this is an independent game company. The PWO staff is not assisted by any means through any major publisher or any assistance through a professional development team. Every staff member is polite and respectful, and for you to make accusations like this is downright rude and childish of you. Bluerise is blamed for almost every problem PWO has and it's not his fault at all. Jinji even admitted that it may had been a short-sighted decision and he apologized for any inconveniences made. Jinji offered to resolve the problem, and you still manage to uphold moronic attitudes and shake your fist toward the staff. That's just pathetic.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have a sandwich that needs to be eaten.

Serpentine

Jinji said:
I'm not even going to BEGIN to explain how wrong you are there, Cole; and you completely misappropriated my comment.

Okay, I will share ONE opinion of this topic. To be frank, all it's telling me is that there's one life lesson that still remains sage advice: Don't make assumptions.

Although I do not agree with Cole's extremist stand on this, I do want to say one thing. One life lesson for us was: Don't make assumptions. The life lesson learned for anyone who is in authority is: Spell out all the rules and guidelines.

Koriban

AKA: Don't allow assumptions to be made.

This happened because there was a failure to communicate the needed information which was apparently only available to one person, thus people made assumptions. Lets not let it happen again! Everyone can learn from mistakes.

Saric

Youngster
To be honest both sides are a bit at fault. The staff side for not making it too clear, and the player side for making the assumption in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.