Token store shiny Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

iHugo

It is really so disappointing to see something like this can happen. In my opinion shiny caught in wild should not dominate over shiny bought from tokens. I wonder how I would react if I got one from shop and God knows how much times I was trying to get one and I even know with friends we all aim for a shiny chance but this... Really disappointing... like a few hundreds just tossed in the trash... im really thinking about never donate again...

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Why is there a 1/8000 chance or even remotely close if the shinies from the token store are not 28-32? Why not just make it more expensive for a shiny with regular stats? I made a post about the low rate of SC without thhis vital information, thus strengthening my point...

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
I as a staff member struggled to get the idea across for Shiny Pokemon to be in the Token Store in the first place. An agreement was made to ensure that they would be allowed. I have never stated that there is a 28 min IV stat in place for the Token Store, this has been applied to caught pokemon. I don't believe this is even applied for Pokemon which come from an NPC (though I can't be too sure of this). I would understand you all moaning if the case was that I stated this however I didn't.

If anything, I see the bigger concern being the fact that a few months back, shinies were fixed at 28 despite being advertised as 28 minimum.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
and thats the problem. you did not advertise that they were not at a fixed iv rate. which goes back to my point, the buyers have been mislead. you cant expect the community to know everything you know, when the only thing theyve ever seen is shinies with 28-32 iv rate.

if it had been advertised as such, that these shinies bought from the token store, is not up to the caught in game standard, you would be right, and there would be no reason to complain.

however there was no representation of these facts, the players have been mislead, money has been wasted, and now people are unhappy.

the simple solution would be:

replace darcia, thychiz, and whoever else have obtained these faulty shinies, with level 5 versions of the same shiny with fixed rates. and then update the token store warning to include that the pokemon do not get set IV's.

the bolded is if you have set your mind to the idea you dont want token store shinies to have set ivs. if you dont, then you can change it so token store shinies get the the uber stats as well. otherwise, a warning is necessary. because with that warning, players will have no right to complain if and when they get one, and everyone will have the whole facts.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Bis_Eastwood said:
and thats the problem. you did not advertise that they were not at a fixed iv rate. which goes back to my point, the buyers have been mislead. you cant expect the community to know everything you know, when the only thing theyve ever seen is shinies with 28-32 iv rate.
But the advertisement was not needed considering we've stated the rate for shinies caught. You don't catch via the Token Store.

I will however keep an eye over this topic for views.

Serpentine

I do believe that Thychiz and whoever else got these Shiny UC with low stats should have their currents replaced with new ones with appropriate IVs reflecting those found in games. Although it was not explicitly stated that UC shinies will have 28-32 IVs, it was also not explicitly stated that they would have random IV like any other pokemon. The main reason I believe that the UC should be given is that it was not stated anywhere that a shiny UC would have regular stats, especially given the implication that they would through evidence from the game.

Nikola

Youngster
Bluerise said:
I as a staff member struggled to get the idea across for Shiny Pokemon to be in the Token Store in the first place. An agreement was made to ensure that they would be allowed.
-That is not bad idea. Assuming that most of the people who were buying those were gambling with a shiny chance to get a nice shiny Pokemon. But I really think that people were pursuing that luck based on other shinies and their IVs ratio even in game. Pretty sure that 99% of people wanted a proper Pokemon up to 32IV like they are able to get them in game.

Bluerise said:
I have never stated that there is a 28 min IV stat in place for the Token Store, this has been applied to caught pokemon.
-That is the main reason why people were mislead. Ratio was fixed and they are having proper stat set now. Even then people are turning back when they see a 28IV shiny Pokemon, such as specific stats set shiny which can be used in battles. But well...that was fixed and better stat Pokemon are circulating in game and market got a little boost. And personally I would rather see a mixed stat wild shiny Pokemon then token store one(guess which one is harder to get). Now I wonder if you were aware that token shiny are having broken stat. If you were aware of that why it wasn't told anywhere? Far as I can remember it was told that odds might be different in a near future but then again no one said about their IV ratio.

Bluerise said:
I would understand you all moaning if the case was that I stated this however I didn't.
-If anyone is moaning that might be a reason ("It wasn't stated"). People were mislead(every shiny they saw before had up to 32IV). Even staff spawned shiny had proper IV ratio. We are not able to find out how IVs are stored in database.

-Imagine botted shiny who went into circulation with proper stat. It's out there thanks to machine. Now imagine hundreds of dollars when someone is gambling with a shiny chance. Makes no sense for me. That someone is not a machine nor they are having money printer...
I am not question into anything. Don't dare to blame anyone. All I want is that someone do something what is correct.

I am 100% with Bis on this.
We, as players, have been told time and time again that EVERY SHINY will have 28-32 IVs. Not once has there ever been a reason to think otherwise. Shinies are synonymous with that in PWO.

Letting this go would be a terrible PR move.
I know you can't think of everything before it happens, or that sometimes things fall through the cracks, but it's one thing to go "oops well let's learn from this" and another to completely ignore the problem. This isn't the 1800s, we shouldn't have to adhere to "Buyer Beware." But seriously, fixing this would take 10 minutes at most.

If anything, though, I would reverse the policy and make Token store shinies have 28-32 and ingame shinies randomly statted.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
They don't even have to fix it, just replace the ones that were bought already, and put up a warning, if they are intent on keeping token store shinies the same as normal pokemon.

Merse

Youngster
Bluerise said:
But the advertisement was not needed considering we've stated the rate for shinies caught. You don't catch via the Token Store.

I will however keep an eye over this topic for views.
I don't think there is ANYONE in this community who even considered the possibility of different rules would apply for Token Store shinys and caught shinys. It is so unreasonable that nobody would think about it.

Bluerise said:
I have never stated that there is a 28 min IV stat in place for the Token Store, this has been applied to caught pokemon.
And you never stated that there is NOT a min 28 IV stat in place for Token Store. However, you did state that there is a granted minimal 28 IV for any shiny we may find. Period. Obviously the logical deduction from this statement that ANY SHINY will have 28-32 IVs, regardless where they came from.
Sorry Blue but I think you try to defend an undefendable point here. Darcia is right, ou should have issue a warning in the token store, on the wiki page and everywhere about the Token Store shinys.

Bis_Eastwood said:
They don't even have to fix it, just replace the ones that were bought already, and put up a warning, if they are intent on keeping token store shinies the same as normal pokemon.
Or even better, make Token Store shinys having granted 28-32 IVs. Or make caught shinys NOT having granted 28-32 IVs. I prefer the second option :)

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
The main problem is that you can't put half of the info needed, pwo has been here for 6 years, the shinys were ALWAYS diff from wild ones, and am not talking about its colour, Im referring to the IVs, how are we supossed to know or GUESS*? We can't. Think about it... Full info is needed, always, even more if we are talking about REAL* money. After fixing this (I hope) you should close the SC and open it again with the new Playerdex, with full and detailed info about everything.

PROMapperKnuckles

Youngster
I know if I was to get a Shiny Chance Charizard/Dragonite, I would be happy either way because they are my favorite shinies, however I am also a battler, so although I could have the most valuable shiny in the game, people wouldnt be willing to pay what its worth just because the ivs are low and it cant be beat others with higher ivs: granted sure I could get a S drago and it be min 28 ivs and still could be beat in battle with a max spd one, but at least i would still have awesome battler and still be worth its value:

Im not hear to complain, as I have put in lots of money in the token store on Shiny chances and MS, I will be happy to just see some thoughts or discussion maybe go about changing this or fixing the rate: Although I think people are forgetting that in Lees new Playerdex, the shiny chance will be increase so you may not have to spend tons of money to try and get one.

Say i was to spend 300 dollars on a S dratini now and got one after that 300 dollars and ivs sucked, YES I would be very disappointed in its battler view, but happy in the pokemon I now have, but would still be upset with how much real money I used( although its always our choice to use our real money not being forced ) but IF when the S chance is increased and I was to get a S dratini after say 50-80 dollars? I wouldnt care so much about the the bad ivs. IF anyone even gets what Im trying to say lol.....

Point is: It sucks that the ivs are not set and people think they will get a 28-32 iv poke if shiny of the store, but it wasn't stated to have to be that, its just assumed based on the rate of a S caught ingame: But in the end its each individuals choice on whether to donate for that chance or not: Myself will keep trying, but will probably hold off so much until the new token store is here with an increased S chance.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
knuckles002 said:
Say i was to spend 300 dollars on a S dratini now and got one after that 300 dollars and ivs sucked, YES I would be very disappointed in its battler view, but happy in the pokemon I now have, but would still be upset with how much real money I used( although its always our choice to use our real money not being forced ) but IF when the S chance is increased and I was to get a S dratini after say 50-80 dollars? I wouldnt care so much about the the bad ivs. IF anyone even gets what Im trying to say lol.....

This is a valid point. However I really doubt that those who tries the SC did that as collectors. More than likely most of the players did that so they could get a pokemon with uber ivs all around so they can have their use as battlers. That being said and regarding the lack of information on the matter, I agree with those who suggested replacing the random statted shinies for shinies with the same iv range as wild ones.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
And you never stated that there is NOT a min 28 IV stat in place for Token Store. However, you did state that there is a granted minimal 28 IV for any shiny we may find. Period.
You don't find a shiny via the Token Store, you buy and have a chance.
I have not stated that the minimum isn't in place because I haven't discussed stats for shinies overall.

Anywho, I am considering action however no replacements or adjustments to Pokemon will be made.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Changes will be in place following planned downtime for Playerdex later.

Keep an eye on changelog for details.

root

kaiser6tn said:
replacing the random statted shinies for shinies with the same iv range as wild ones.

Sadly in the game there are occasional shinies that turn up with some ivs below the 28 mark. I remember a couple of weeks ago someone found a S Doduo and it had bad speed, and there is a S Persian in one of the shops with non-shiny stats.I believe there is a bug in the shiny chance and its this exact same bug that unluckily got transferred to the S Espeon and other S UC.

You don't find a shiny via the Token Store, you buy and have a chance.
I have not stated that the minimum isn't in place because I haven't discussed stats for shinies overall.

Anywho, I am considering action however no replacements or adjustments to Pokemon will be made.

As players, we all assume that the Shiny ivs of the S UC were the same as in game a 28+ range. There was/is no reason to think otherwise.

To be fair, I highly doubt there are more than 2 S UC with bad ivs because this particular problem has never been encountered before. Therefore it shouldn't be much of a problem to replace the S UC with an appropriate ivs one. All that needs to be done is discard the respectable Shiny in the players account and transfer them a S UC of the same name. I don't believe that should take a long time to do.

root

Bluerise said:
Changes will be in place following planned downtime for Playerdex later.

Keep an eye on changelog for details.

oh, good to know. Thanks

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
In relation to this topic, see: http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=431

Koriban

Bluerise said:
Token Store changes

We have changed non-shiny and shiny-chance. From now, we will be referring to a 'Standard' price and a 'Bonus' price. The 'Bonus' price will give you a chance at gaining a shiny and a minimum of 15 for IVs will apply to all pokemon (limited time only).

Just to confirm, does buying the Bonus price pokemon mean it will come with a minimum of 15 IV's or lower gauranteed, or is that only included in the CHANCE for it to become shiny also?

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
All Pokemon under the bonus price for now (15+ IVs).

Status
Not open for further replies.