Thoughts on the next batch of TMs

OGPokemaster

Hello Pokepeople, earlier i was wondering when the next set of TMs would be released. This lead me to think about what TMs might be released in the next batch. As of now the TMs currently available are, Dragon Claw (TM 02), Psyshock (TM 03), Ice Beam (TM 13), Solarbeam (TM 22), Sludge Wave (TM 34) , and Echoed Voice (TM 49). Now whats the point of this thread you might be asking? Well i'd like to get peoples opinions and thoughts on what they'd like the next set TMs to be. This might help Teck have a better idea of the TMs people would like to have added in the next update.

PS: Please try to keep it to 5 or 6 TMs and also to the TMs on this list http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.php?title=TMs.

So I'll start, my 6 are:

1. Earthquake (TM 26)
2. Thunder (TM 25) or Thunderbolt (TM 24)
3. Brick Break (TM 31)
4. Flamthrower (TM 35)
5. Energy Ball (TM 53)
6. Stone Edge (TM 71)

Well Earthquake is here for obvious reasons, its one of the most powerful ground type moves and is learn able by many pokemon, some already great battlers and some that will become better batters. Thunder or thunderbolt would be very useful for making gengars and a few others more of a threat to some of the slower water type battlers. Brick Break i'd add because again its a move learned by many pokemon, one that will be very useful to counter some of the more tank-like pokemon like Aggron, tyranitar and snorlax by pokemon that normally wouldn't stand a chance against them like snorlax maybe being able to take out aggron and tyranitar. plus it provides some of the other fighting type pokemon with a more powerful fighting attack. Flamethrower mainly because it has a wide pool of pokemon that can learn it. Energy ball mainly for Gengar again, and finally stone edge to give aggron and a few more, a powerful rock type move.

Cora

Hmm, I would like to see these TMs.
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Fire Blast/Flame Thrower
Hyper Beam
Focus Blast
Dragon Tail

JazzyB

"people would like to have" ? it is total stupid. TMs can just chance the whole face of pvp battle. you should take that in consideration first not just what you like.

joysclash

my top priority of tms are

flash canon
earthquake
thundervolt
thunder
flamethrower
stone edge
shadow ball

joysclash

JazzyB said:
"people would like to have" ? it is total stupid. TMs can just chance the whole face of pvp battle. you should take that in consideration first not just what you like.
ya i agree with u haha but this is were the fun is ...the battle system will be more interesting after the addition of new tms and offcourse more fun :) lets see what happens

OGPokemaster

Well firstly i'd like to thank you for the constructive criticism, but now back to it, I don't think it will change as much as you seem to think it might, sure some pokemon may end up being better battlers with Tms then others would, but i dont think it will change for the worse, if anything it will change for the better. More pokemon will be viable then before which will provide for a more robust battling scene. I understand the concern with the whole "what people would like to have" but if you had read fully through what i said you'd have seen the part where it says "This might help Teck have a better idea of the TMs people would like to have added in the next update." it was more to get peoples opinions and brainstorm on what Tms we the community would like to see in the next update along with whatever TMs Teck decides on implementing. And just to clarify, Teck can you tell us the method you used to pick the TMs currently useable? did you randomly pick them or was there a greater process in deciding what Tms you added?

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]I believe TMs will change even more battles, However we always adapt us to this changes. I think they are also really needed to make Pwo like Official Games.

Edit - My seven are:

Brick Break
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Dragon Pulse
Energy Ball
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
[/glow]

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I'd like to see these as they would help out the most amount of pokemon, they are very widely used.

Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Stone Edge
Focus Blast

Cora

JazzyB said:

He is just asking opinion from everyone, you dont have to be so rude about it.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
For those who want to make their input more persuasive, I would advise that you give reasons as to why you believe some it's time-optimal for some TMs to be added—such as what Pokemon it would boost, how some "OP-calibre" Pokemon may be countered more easily, etc... (I understand some have already done this, don't get me wrong).

I don't want anyone to feel that this is compulsory, however; it is completely fine to post opinions for personal reasons as well, and it's not my intention to lord over this discussion. I just want to make it clear that even if this isn't a staff-led discussion, it doesn't meant that input collected in this thread will be negligible; it could have consequential value, consideration-wise, if persuasive enough arguments are played.

Gobfather

EcoWOLFrb said:
I'd like to see these as they would help out the most amount of pokemon, they are very widely used.

Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Stone Edge
Focus Blast

All of this exactly, only addition I would say is to be Surf(scald or hydro pump), and honestly I dont agree with psyshock at all, should be replaced with Psychic.

Also with focus blast/tbolt added would increase gengars threat, so I'd say also add dark pulse for kazam/gengar/starmie

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Gobfather said:
EcoWOLFrb said:

Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Stone Edge
Focus Blast

All of this exactly, only addition I would say is to be Surf(scald or hydro pump), and honestly I dont agree with psyshock at all, should be replaced with Psychic.

Also with focus blast/tbolt added would increase gengars threat, so I'd say also add dark pulse for kazam/gengar/starmie

[glow=red]I'm sure Hydro pump isn't a TM. :p [/glow]

Gobfather

julio2503 said:
Gobfather said:
EcoWOLFrb said:

Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Stone Edge
Focus Blast

[glow=red]I'm sure Hydro pump isn't a TM. :p [/glow]

Hmm, lmfao you are right xD, well Surf or Scald would be plenty helpful.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Gobfather said:
EcoWOLFrb said:

Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Stone Edge
Focus Blast

How do gengar, starmie, or kazam need tools to beat gengar? Psychic is super effective against gengar, and gengar has shadow ball.
Surf is also a HM, so unless teck wants to progress with HM's before completing TMs I doubt it will happen. Scald is a possibility but I doubt the majority of people would use it over natural moves like hydro or brine without burns ability to reduce attack.

@ Creobis- it's really hard to list every single pokemon that would benefit from each of these TMs, and from my experience if I focused on the current battle pokes I would get a response suggesting that the current powerful pokemon don't need help anyway. I simply chose the most basic attacking moves that would effect the greatest amount of pokemon being that most strategy based moves such as: attract, Roar, protect, light screen, Hail, Sunny Day ect ect don't really have a place in the PWO battle system quite yet. After these, other moves that won't be as widely used can be added at less of a priority.

Gobfather

EcoWOLFrb said:
Gobfather said:
EcoWOLFrb said:

Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Stone Edge
Focus Blast

How do gengar, starmie, or kazam need tools to beat gengar? Psychic is super effective against gengar, and gengar has shadow ball.
Surf is also a HM, so unless teck wants to progress with HM's before completing TMs I doubt it will happen. Scald is a possibility but I doubt the majority of people would use it over natural moves like hydro or brine without burns ability to reduce attack.

@ Creobis- it's really hard to list every single pokemon that would benefit from each of these TMs, and from my experience if I focused on the current battle pokes I would get a response suggesting that the current powerful pokemon don't need help anyway. I simply chose the most basic attacking moves that would effect the greatest amount of pokemon being that most strategy based moves such as: attract, Roar, protect, light screen, Hail, Sunny Day ect ect don't really have a place in the PWO battle system quite yet. After these, other moves that won't be as widely used can be added at less of a priority.

Lolz sily eco ;D i meant to use AGAINST them ;P my reasoning for scald/surf is for pokes to see the light of day and not be crawled in some corner like poor politoed :/ as well as utility for other pokes as solarbeam has brought out a lot fire pokes ;P

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I'm still quite confused as to why either side Gengar v Kazam/Star/Gengar OR Kazam/Star/Gengar v Gengar would implement dark pulse against each other when they all have move that could go against each other with stab + SE. However seeing as Gengar is the only pokemon that learns dark pulse... I'll have to assume that you're unaware of exactly which types are super effective against others and the concept of STAB.

Gobfather

EcoWOLFrb said:
I'm still quite confused as to why either side Gengar v Kazam/Star/Gengar OR Kazam/Star/Gengar v Gengar would implement dark pulse against each other when they all have move that could go against each other with stab + SE. However seeing as Gengar is the only pokemon that learns dark pulse... I'll have to assume that you're unaware of exactly which types are super effective against others and the concept of STAB.

lmfao DARK is super effective against both psychic and ghost, with gengar having acces to focus blast and tbolt, alakazam having access to focus blast as well, and starmie having acces to boltbeam(tbolt and ice beam) they will be bigger threats. So adding dark pulse(or a physical dark move for that matter) FOR OTHER POKEMON to use AGAINST THEM. FOR INSTANCE someone was using a NINTEAILS for battle (lol) and gave him dark pulse for added versatity against new threats. Please bro, read before you speak :/ I am well aware about stab bonuses as well super effectiveness lmao

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I see what you're saying now, for some reason that was unclear to me at first. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Gobfather

EcoWOLFrb said:
I see what you're saying now, for some reason that was unclear to me at first. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

No problem reading back was unclear mah bahd ;P

davedelta

TMs:
Earthquake
dark pulse
Flash canon
brick break
flamethrower
thunderbolt
calm mind

thank you.. :))

this will help for every player in pvp battle.. ;)