This is why we can't have nice things

Amplexus

JazzyB said:
i am confused how they got them if they r not added to the game yet ??? they cant have them if they dont exist . or they r already added in PWO ??
All pokemon up to generation 4 are in the games database, but they aren't obtainable in game yet.

JazzyB

lol i understand the whole thing. i didnt noticed that these pokes ( electivire, magmortar ) r evolved . they do exist in game. but u cant evolve them as u dont have an item to do so. but the guys found the exploit to evolve them ( an evolution hack maybe ). its like they r inviting staff to ban them lol.
Good work staff xD

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I have always said that there would be some sort of compensation for those effected and were not aware of the origin of the hacked pokemon, a fuller statement will be made later after I can talk to Bluerise.

Cleveland

Youngster
Chocobo7 said:
Recently Teck has been running an event with the help of a few other staff members, it has been a small, fun event that has allowed a few lucky players access to a certain pokemon.
What event? I see no new event in the event forum or in the announcements.

I thought official events were typically posted in the forums? I haven't played much recently as I've been somewhat waiting for a game update/new event. I'd appreciate it in the future if events were posted in the forum like they have been in the past. I definitely would have participated in this event you speak of that gives players special poke and/or items.

This isn't necessarily directed at you, Chocobo. More of a general statement.

Amplexus

It wasn't posted in the Events section,because technically it wasn't an official event yet, the staff was just testing the idea out, to see how the community would respond to the idea of the event. However there is a topic dedicated to discussing the event in the General PWO Talk section of the forums.

Iuri

It is with regret that I note that unscrupulous players continue to undermine fair players :'( . Just hope that all those responsible for such acts are banned and that the end-weekly events will not be affected.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
We're going to be keeping an eye on the situation over the coming times and if all goes to plan we may see the pokemon returned to their owners in the future.

AncientWizard said:
just a question is the shiny stone that i won in the event usles
No, it will still work as always and any togepi evolved with it would be one of 6 possible at this point.

The-Predator

Youngster
Chocobo7 said:
We're going to be keeping an eye on the situation over the coming times and if all goes to plan we may see the pokemon returned to their owners in the future.

what u mean with we may see the pokemon returned?? u mean all of the hacked togekiss would be given back to those accounts which fairly bought em??

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
KPyppo said:
Chocobo7 said:

what u mean with we may see the pokemon returned?? u mean all of the hacked togekiss would be given back to those accounts which fairly bought em??

[glow=red]I would say that would be the best solution to solve the problem in a way that doesn't favor anyone in the events of the weekend.[/glow]

Merse

Youngster
No, that would be a solution which would say: Don't bother even if you know that the Pokemon was hacked, you can buy it, keep it for a few months then sell it for twice as much. This solution would encourage players to help hackers by buying their Pokemon, and to look for hacked Pokemon as their value will double up in a few months so they are great investment.
Giving back the hacked Pokemon would make a very dangerous precedent. It would create a legitimate market of hacked Pokemon with huge demand and thus huge possible profit for the hacker. The buyers would lightheartedly buy the hacked Poke because they know that they wouldn't lose it so for them there is no risk, but they will get a valuable Pokemon whose value will increase once the hacker is caught and the Poke becomes unavailable once again.
And what would this mean for the events? "A new Pokemon became catchable? Oh well, why would I bother hunting that HR for the next two weeks when I can get it for 2m on the illegal market and I don't even risk it to lose my investment?"

Hacked Pokemon should be deleted. THos who bought them already have their Pokedex data, and they should get some other compensation, bu definitely not their hacked Pokemon, which will worth much more than they paid for them once this whole case is solved.

The-Predator

Youngster
Meh I didnt get it for 2m and I didnt know they were illegal but merse u are the detective -.-! Well f they were back would be good if they werent would be cool as well though compensation in other way would be required maybe some other vouchers from weekend events or dont know

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
The only issue I would have depends on how many hacked Togekiss would be returned. This is definitely a lose/lose situation no matter what happens.

I've always been a stickler for "event only" pokemon that remained valuable due to how hard it was to obtain them. In fact, I had been asking for this for at LEAST a year. But, returning 50-100+ illegal ones into the game completely annihilates that possibility unless staff are going to take the loss on Togekiss and focus on other, nondisclosed event pokemon.

The problem with not returning hacked pokemon is that it creates a market of fear where players refuse to trade with anyone they don't know, making it even MORE difficult for nondonators and nonvets to progress their collections. We already have that issue with Token sellers.

I can certainly see #1 being the best option, but it still somewhat pisses me off that a valuable piece in PWO's longterm design, a concept I kept advocating while staff, be ground into the dirt by overly obvious hacking. Like, pathetic amounts of obvious cheating. The amount of illegitimacy was like stealing a car and then writing a letter to the cops bragging about it.

Tendou

The best way to solve this problem is de-evolving all togekisses and returning them to their last owners so they will not lost money neither time spent to get such money. But i don't know if staff can de-evolve.

Even if they were aware only a few were released they rushed and wanted a one without thinking twice by themselves about how many togekisses appeared from nowhere so fast.