The Spawn Rate

vindatra

can any1 tell me the spawnrate between common rare VR and HR ??
soory to ask this newbie question, if any1 want to answer this :)

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
It's everything ''messed up'' since spawning project started because some maps were looked into and they have now new different spawns and different spawn rates than before. And other ones still have old spawns and rates.

Former ADM Tecknician told:

The old system was only partially disclosed to the players. The staff in the past told players that commons were 1/10, rares 1/100, and VR were 1/1000. This is only the standard rates. The reality is that commons could be any rate > 1/20, Rares any rate between 1/20 and 1/200 and very rares any rate between 1/200 and 1/10,000. Horribly rare pokemon any rates less than 1/10,000.

Pretentious

Annnnnd from what I've also been told, the encounter system in PWO isn't designed to work like standard probability. For some reason, the details of how the process works are guarded under lock and key. You'll never get a good description.

Welcome to PWO.

Nikola

Youngster
What you can do is pretty much ignore the numbers given above. Not every Pokemon is same rare. Plus you have to take in consideration PWOs troll level factor. Lets take Dratini, Dragonair and Dragons Den as an example. You would assume that you can catch Dratini anywhere in Dragons Den where you can surf, well you are wrong here. First, Dratini and Dragonair are on the same map but their spawn zone isnt the same. There are the coordinates on the map where you can catch certain Pokemon. Sadly, if you do /list outside of the spawn zone it will still show that spawn is there because /list is showing complete map. So pretty much you get trolled here.

1. Outside of spawn zone:

viXPC9Z.png

-So, you can surf and hunt here for 2 years for Dratini but you will never find one, even if /list command tells you that spawn is there in reality it's not. If you really want some numbers; 0.00008 would be rate for Dratini and 0.00002 would be rate for Dragonair. But numbers don't count outside of zone. You will be often given the answer "It's all about luck, keep trying". No point if keep trying if Pokemon does not exist in the zone where are you hunting. It's like hunting for Dragonite on route 1, you will never find one. Same goes for other spawns. Sometimes it's not map what you need to know where spawn is, you need to know in what zone Pokemon is. So in the zone where you can't catch Dratini you have two choices left, Dragonair with rate of 0.00002 and nothing. If you are going to hunt in the area of nothing...you are doomed.

TlEYGG8.png

Red area is Dratinis zone, outside of red area you will never find one. You can hunt for years but you will never find one. Sadly, it's being advertised to you that you can catch it in Dragons Den B1F but real zone was never told to people...so people often rely on what they have been told. This is just one map of them many...Cba looking through them all atm...

Conclusion is; if you hunt in the zone where Pokemon don't exist, you will never find one so numbers fall in water here. I am well aware that this might affect mostly honest part of players who actually hunt a lot while the bot gets benefit here. So if you stick with your "corner" when you hunt, that corner of yours might never give successful catch. If zones were explained to you, your hunts would be more successful. Not quite sure why this was never explained. It's simple spawn system. No point in letting people to hunt for ages while they hunt in wrong place...

Anyway, I might be wrong here with the coordinates. Would be good if someone who is working on spawn system can give few words on this matter. You want to explain the rarity to people. Why say ..Dratini and Dragonair are advertised to be one specific map but their zone is hidden and their zone is not the same. Is there any specific reason not to tell people that they might be hunting in vain for years?

Pretentious

Nikola, thank you, that was an awesome description. Rig has mentioned before that Pokémon are more likely to spawn in some parts of the maps than others, but why are there so many levels of secrecy? That doesn't improve the game; it just pisses people off.

Arnie

Pretentious said:
Nikola, thank you, that was an awesome description. Rig has mentioned before that Pokémon are more likely to spawn in some parts of the maps than others, but why are there so many levels of secrecy? That doesn't improve the game; it just pisses people off.

And to think a bunch of us going off to make a better game goes directly against the wishes of the staff here :) this is one of the main factors behind it, the secrecy about mundane things

Merse

Youngster
If what Nikola says is true, this is the nastiest, ugliest, stupidest, most arrogant scam I've ever heard...

king1234

Youngster
That is a cool tool. would come in handy for hunting in pwo.... ^_^

Rigaudon

Youngster
Evening.

Those spawns were set back in 2010, and due to lack of record-keeping (something we've fixed for the past year now - everything is logged) I had no way of even suspecting it. Nor have I gotten to Dragon's Den in the project yet - once I had, I would not have placed coordinate limitations, meaning everything would have been automatically available on the entire map once we got to it anyway. xP

This was my first time hearing about it as well! (Fun). I went ingame and fixed it, so you can now *surf Dratini anywhere on the map. I'm now also keeping an eye out for any other places and will fix them if there are any more.

That being said, if I had to guess, the few tiles behind the roof was an intentional bald spot used to keep people from hiding under the roof undetected while they botted. I am going to guess that in the past a solution for that was attempted by making exclusion zones in the map, but that is not current nor standard policy and it doesn't seem logical to me personally to exclude so much of the map. I don't view it as a fair thing to do and it seems neither do you guys.

Either way....

If what Nikola says is true, this is the nastiest, ugliest, stupidest, most arrogant scam I've ever heard...

People wonder why I and others are going through and redoing all the spawns? =P

There's a floor in the Seafoam Islands Entrance map (if I remember what it is called correctly) where you can only see Krabby because of how the rates were set up. Luckily there's nothing to really hunt there, but I noticed it while prepping for the next block.

There were not only poor judgements made with map spawns in the past but there are entire maps that are broken. As for the rest, the spawns I set for location was by route (varying rarities of Murkrow between Route 12-13 to give people hunting options) OR with Pokemon like Gyarados/Tentacruel who are too large to appear right next to the shallow shores of the beach (aka Common sense stuff) and changes like the latter are all on my topic in the change log. Not guesswork like this - I would not fix the spawns with the same broken things I'm trying to repair. The only info I and others haven't revealed are the exact rarity numbers and tiers, the latter of which I've publicly said I would like to release in some manner once we're done with Kanto. The first of which I keep somewhat hidden so that people can put in effort to give themselves an advantage if they put in the work to find out the small differences, though I still sometimes reveal them to give people to give a feel for what we’ve been trying to do. As for why we've been stuck on this, I've also kept up with reasons/progress on my change log.

Hope that answers most of the questions. As usual and has been the case you are free to PM me or post questions and I will do my best to answer them (or if I can't I’ll tell you why I can't).

-Rig

Nikola

Youngster
Since I found the issue, I can confirm that there are number of maps where certain Pokemon are boxed in a few tiles. However, I can see that those are being changed ever since I pointed out the issue and they will have their zone expanded on default coordinates. At least that should happen. I can't tell how much will be told to players because I am not PWO staff.

DemonBorn

Honest players here, Honest players there, honest players nowhere!!!! Scamming the honest players since 2008 and now there isnt anymore in this game. GG !!! Release the FloodGates my fellow friends!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MacCollin

Website
marc2010.deviantart.com
Nikola, why don´t you just send a message to Rigaudon explaning and showing him the spots you are talking about so he can concentrate on fixing the issue?

vindatra

ooww so that's the point, but how we know that the area for example dratini, how u know that red area is place where we can find dratini and the blue one, we never find any ?? Do you try it for several days to find out and just try and try ?

DomT.

Youngster
Nikola said:
What you can do is pretty much ignore the numbers given above. Not every Pokemon is same rare. Plus you have to take in consideration PWOs troll level factor. Lets take Dratini, Dragonair and Dragons Den as an example. You would assume that you can catch Dratini anywhere in Dragons Den where you can surf, well you are wrong here. First, Dratini and Dragonair are on the same map but their spawn zone isnt the same. There are the coordinates on the map where you can catch certain Pokemon. Sadly, if you do /list outside of the spawn zone it will still show that spawn is there because /list is showing complete map. So pretty much you get trolled here.

viXPC9Z.png

-So, you can surf and hunt here for 2 years for Dratini but you will never find one, even if /list command tells you that spawn is there in reality it's not. If you really want some numbers; 0.00008 would be rate for Dratini and 0.00002 would be rate for Dragonair. But numbers don't count outside of zone. You will be often given the answer "It's all about luck, keep trying". No point if keep trying if Pokemon does not exist in the zone where are you hunting. It's like hunting for Dragonite on route 1, you will never find one. Same goes for other spawns. Sometimes it's not map what you need to know where spawn is, you need to know in what zone Pokemon is. So in the zone where you can't catch Dratini you have two choices left, Dragonair with rate of 0.00002 and nothing. If you are going to hunt in the area of nothing...you are doomed.

TlEYGG8.png

Red area is Dratinis zone, outside of red area you will never find one. You can hunt for years but you will never find one. Sadly, it's being advertised to you that you can catch it in Dragons Den B1F but real zone was never told to people...so people often rely on what they have been told. This is just one map of them many...Cba looking through them all atm...

Conclusion is; if you hunt in the zone where Pokemon don't exist, you will never find one so numbers fall in water here. I am well aware that this might affect mostly honest part of players who actually hunt a lot while the bot gets benefit here. So if you stick with your "corner" when you hunt, that corner of yours might never give successful catch. If zones were explained to you, your hunts would be more successful. Not quite sure why this was never explained. It's simple spawn system. No point in letting people to hunt for ages while they hunt in wrong place...

Anyway, I might be wrong here with the coordinates. Would be good if someone who is working on spawn system can give few words on this matter. You want to explain the rarity to people. Why say ..Dratini and Dragonair are advertised to be one specific map but their zone is hidden and their zone is not the same. Is there any specific reason not to tell people that they might be hunting in vain for years?
Where Did u get this Software which can trace where the pokemon exactly is in the map? ???

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I'm very disappointed reading this. I know that Pokemon Zones were used in the past during a Halloween Event to spawn Spiritomb in order to decrease chances of catching one, I guess; since it was one of the best rewards of the event. Maybe used for other spawns and events, but doing such out of an event? HRs already have considerable catch rates... I feel as a sucker. I spent so much time hunting and majority of time hunting for nothing maybe.

king1234

Youngster
UW01 said:
Nikola said:

viXPC9Z.png

TlEYGG8.png

Where Did u get this Software which can trace where the pokemon exactly is in the map? ???

I believe he made it, also that is indeed an awesome tool..

Nikola

Youngster
That program is simple tool that tells you where the Pokemon is..takes 20 seconds to make one..Once they change this zone system addressed above the program will pretty much do less than /list does. So it will become time waste. Can be nice to see if you are being trolled however. Why would one hunt for nothing? You would probably hunt even today for nothing if I never addressed this issue. So..

AndyMister

I spent months hunting Eevees, a lot of money lost in Safari, even HR, NEVER they came. I disappointed again.

MacCollin

Website
marc2010.deviantart.com
Rigaudon said:

People wonder why I and others are going through and redoing all the spawns? =P

There were not only poor judgements made with map spawns in the past but there are entire maps that are broken. As for the rest, the spawns I set for location was by route (varying rarities of Murkrow between Route 12-13 to give people hunting options) OR with Pokemon like Gyarados/Tentacruel who are too large to appear right next to the shallow shores of the beach (aka Common sense stuff) and changes like the latter are all on my topic in the change log.
-Rig[/quote]

he is working on it. so i ll repeat my post again @ Nikola since you did not answer my question: "Nikola, why don´t you just send a message to Rigaudon explaning and showing him the spots you are talking about so he can concentrate on fixing the issue?" (instead of further heating up the atmosphere).