The lost staff member

TheWyatt2012

Today I have risen from the depths to present a piece of crap meme that I've stolen and used as my own.

I present to you this beautiful masterpiece:

jfqf4yM.png

Disclaimer: I have nothing against the staff members.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]I don't know why, but I'm thinking that guy hurled by the window was Lumi. ::) [/glow] :p

Tecknician

Actually if you was to replace quest with event and have him being the one thrown out the window this would be a lot more accurate.

Merse

Youngster
I think it is as accurate as possible. A new client would give us a way to solve all the current major issues within the foreseeable future. Without it all we can say is "when the new client comes out".
I just doN't understand why would it hurt the leaders of the staff to admit that Hardcoreh left the community and it's high time to find someone to replace him. Or why does it hurt Hardcoreh so much to give us a sign of life now and then, if he is really around as Blue claims it...

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
He's around, but severely held back by real-life issues from what I last heard from him.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
A new client technically is not required for all major issues that are waiting to be resolved—it's just that anything of an visual or interactive scope (the latter being more technical and inexplicable) is more client-dependent, but there might still be a considerable amount of aspects, server-controlled aspects thereof, that may still be stably developable without the client.

It is true that many features need stable client-server cohesion, as how they interact with each other can potentially destabilize one or the other, but I don't believe the client is as indispensable as many may easily assume for some progress-halted features. Other problems, such as faulty foundational development (some systems requiring overhauls that may or may not be feasible without a new client) and the current resources at this point in time, have also plateaued much of the development.

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
Merse said:
I think it is as accurate as possible. A new client would give us a way to solve all the current major issues within the foreseeable future. Without it all we can say is "when the new client comes out".
I just doN't understand why would it hurt the leaders of the staff to admit that Hardcoreh left the community and it's high time to find someone to replace him. Or why does it hurt Hardcoreh so much to give us a sign of life now and then, if he is really around as Blue claims it...
Maybe because he didn't leave the community and he is still working on his client?
Building a new client from scratch given the tools he picked to make an awesome client takes a huge amount of time! I did see him online in game using his new client which was few days ago...It's unfair for him to say that he left and needed to be replaced in my opinion...
Empress Teck said:
Actually if you was to replace quest with event and have him being the one thrown out the window this would be a lot more accurate.
I don't think you would care for the reason why I would be thrown out of the window as long as you're the one who'll do it :p

Evil Empress :'(

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Luminance said:
I don't think you would care for the reason why I would be thrown out of the window as long as you're the one who'll do it :p

Evil Empress :'(
[glow=red]I don't think you would be the only one. ::) [/glow]

Merse

Youngster
Luminance said:
Maybe because he didn't leave the community and he is still working on his client?
Building a new client from scratch given the tools he picked to make an awesome client takes a huge amount of time! I did see him online in game using his new client which was few days ago...It's unfair for him to say that he left and needed to be replaced in my opinion...
Excuse me for my skepticism but it is still a bit odd that in months he has nothing to comment about the state of the new client. Especially that the topic comes up on a weekly basis.
I'm glad if he is still around and working but I learned to believe only to my eyes in most of the cases :)

Hardcoreh

Merse said:
First of all, Merse, I certainly didn't leave the community.
Second, you have no idea what's going on in my life and I prefer to keep it that way.
And third, your reaction is unnecessary.

I'm working on the client when my life allows me to. Creating one is not a 1, 2, 3 job, and I admit it takes longer than planned due to my real life problems.
You may be skeptical about things and give your feedback, either positive or negative, theres nothing wrong with that.
However there is a line in my opinion, don't cross it.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]Nice to see you here, Hardcoreh. I hope you can solve all your problems soon. Good luck developing the new client~ :) [/glow]

Merse

Youngster
Whoa... First of all, I actually made Hardcoreh to react! It was all worth it :D
Second, I'm not wanting to push personal life aside or even know what your personal issues are, because, as you said, it's not my business. But, as I already said before to other staff members. In my opinion whoever becomes a developer, undertakes some obligations towards the community he is "working for". For example, to communicate with the community, to give feedback on what is happening behind the scenes on a more or less regular, but at least daily basis. Otherwise the community feels abandoned and without a future to look forward to.
Players give their time, enthusiasm, and some even money to keep this game and so its community alive, they would deserve to be informed how their beloved game is progressing. And one of PWO's major shortcomings in my opinion is the devs-fanbase communication is converging to zero. With some exceptions. But see the issue of the new Playerdex for example. It's overdue almost a year now and the only reason I know that project wasn't dropped completely because I'm one of the translators and Blue sends sometimes a few more lines to translate. But when was the last time we heard about it? May or June maybe? I was a developer too, I know what a pain in the buttocks could be to keep the fans up to date, but it's part of the job. A very important part.
I'm not talking about screenshots and small articles about what has been done, but at least one post of two or three phrases in every week or month.
"Couldn't work much, I was very busy. Sorry." Even that would be fine and keep up the hopes of the fans.

And frankly, I fail to see how can anyone consider this as a personal insult...

The-Predator

Youngster
I must say Merse u maybe overreacted to say Hardcoreh was inactive, I thought it myself but never said it beacuse i know this is the way PWO works, i mean staff members never said what they gonna do/implement ingame, the only exception was new Pdex, we got a date for it, which was a total fail, I guess Bluerise is trying to avoid that, (I bet if he didnt even mention a pdex update, we wouldnt be wanting a new one though)

Tecknician

Merse you are a customer not an employee, last time I cheched Microsoft didn't email every customer their employees vacation plans and what days they are sick.

Get over yourself. We communicate on a level we think is appropriate, not you. Some people in the community is more irrationale and won't handle news maturely. We have to think about how everyone in the community will act to information.

Boora

Youngster
all of you people need to understand, pwo isn't allowed to pay someone to make a client for them so unless any of you are high level developers (real one's that get paid for it not amatuers) and want to help out , chill the f out and let blue work on the pdex and Hardcoreh work on the client
they have jobs, social life, personal things. they dont always have time, so yeah for 1 person to make a client with (as a guess) 1-2hours a day free time,
takes ALOT OF TIME so Relax and enjoy your game, B!tch'in about it wont make them go any faster
its as simple as that.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]It should be a joke and becomes a discussion about Pwo development. Everything comes in its time. Let's use common sense and laugh of that picture. :p :p :p [/glow]

Gobfather

LMFAO at all of this, for one this picture is hillarious, as well this whole argument just goes to prove it! XDD *staff throws Merse out the building window*