The 2013 PWO Awards thread!

Saric

Youngster
At long last everything has been counted up! Congratulations to those that have won.
The winners are as follows:

Members
Smartest: Naero. In a close second it's Darcia.
Friendliest: Gobfather. Runner up is Zeebrah.
Funniest: Aflax's ego. Though the award goes to Gobfather.
Coolest: Dovee Runner up is Gob.
Best Debater: Zeebrah swept this. Runner up is Eco.
Comeback Player of the Year(Old player who came back this year and did well): Dovee swept this category. Runner up Electrokoolaid.
Most Attractive Male: Tie between Chichi and Gobfather.
Most Attractive Female: Rbecca took a commanding lead and won out. Runner up Cuddlyhunbun.
Most Talkative: Gobfather Runner up is tons of people.
Most Trustworthy: Eco. Runner up are Darc and Gob.
Most Helpful (staff members/apprentices do not count for this category): Naero. Runner up is Pewdiepie_Felix
Most Potential (trainer who looks promising to make their mark): Chichi dominated this category. Runner up was Edu.
Most Missed (who parted from PWO this year but hasn't returned): Cora
Most Influential (good or bad, who made the biggest impact on the community this year?): Don_Quijote. Runner up is Teck.

Staff
Best Admin: Bluerise with Teck being the runner up.
Best Dev: Thugie with a commanding win. Runner up was Hardcoreh.
Best GM: Chocobo7 won out with Pansy being the runner up.
Best GE: Lumi dominated this category. Runner up is Lunatic.
Best CG: Creobis won out with Hitmonfonty being the runner up.
Best IRC Staff: Saric won this category.
Most Professional Staff: Bluerise dominated this category. Runner up is Teck.
Most Friendly Staff: Lumi won this category. Jinji is the runner up.
Most Dedicated Staff: Bluerise won this. Teck was the runner up.
Most Honorable Former Staff: A tie between Dovee and Bis_Eastwood.

Trainers/Guilds:
Toughest Battler: HOF69 swept this. Runner up was Darcia.
Best Collector (who has the most diverse shiny collection?: Fionavara won this with Darcia being the runner up.
Most Dedicated Hunter: Once again Fionavara won this. Runner up is a tie between BlackSAMERBlood and Troy121.
Most Generous: Winner is ThePumkinKing. The runner up was -S-Nubcake.
Best Businessman: Ecowolf won this with Darcia being the runner up.
Best Daycare: A tie between Nowere and Peace-Enforcer. Runner up is Tranquilizer.
Strongest Guild: Nitrowon this with Blaze being a close second.
Most Fun Guild: The same as above. Nitro and Blaze.
Top Guild Leader: Darcia dominated this category. Dovee was the runner up.

Miscellaneous
Favorite NPC: The NPCs in the halloween event (more specifically, the tombstones). The runner up was a whole mix of others,
Favorite Event: The Halloween Event swept this category. Christmas was a distant second.
Favorite Update: TMs dominated this category with a tie between Priority and the Attack split in second.
Most improved pokemon (as a result of in game updates): Arcanine won this out with Starmie coming in second.
Most Shocking Moment (positive or negative, what surprised you the most throughout the course of the year?): The DDoS attacks won out here with the removal of rarities from /list coming in second.
Most Memorable Moment (completely a subjective matter and it may not result in many mutual votes, but it's still fun for reflecting on the year): The official tourny won here. The runner up were a mix of a bunch of others.

This concludes the 2013 awards. Once again congratulations to all of the winners!

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Everyone who was voted in deserves every bit of recognition (with perhaps one exception). Though I'm slightly disappointed Empress Teck didn't win most attractive female, congrats to all the winners and runner ups! Thanks to everyone who voted for me, and thank you saric for orchestrating this!

Gobfather

*-* oh wow, thank you all! somachkredface and congradulations to all other winners ;D

Dovee

Youngster
Thanks for spending the time to put this together saric
and thanks for the votes 8)

Fionavara

Thanks For your work Saric!
And thanks for the votes everyone, I'm flattered I got best collection secund time running with so many epic collections around, and best hunter for the third time running!
Let's have a great 2014 and find many more shines and have even more epic hunts (pokes at samer and his sluggs amd Troy for his corsolas)
I think I'll celebrate this with a new signature 8)
Means a lot to get a recognition like this from the community and staff yet again! Give me energy to keep going and make my OT collection even better!
Thanks again everyone!

Merse

Youngster
The only surprise here is that Teck didn't win in any category. I think she would have deserved it...

HOF69

Thanks for doing this Saric, and thanks to everyone for the votes! (kredface)

masterchiface

I'd like to thank Saric for putting all of the hard work into this and everyone who voted for me in whatever category it may have been. Congrats to the rest of the winners <3

Saurus

Banned
I want to add my own little opinions. Cough.

Pansy is super awesome. Also the first person who helped me in the IRC channel.
Luminance is absolutely awesome. Should get more than an award in my opinion with the quick fix responses.
EmpressTeck makes me laugh. Lol.
Creobis is absolutely awesome. Great person. Great community guide. Dedicated.
Hitmonfonty is absolutely awesome. Great person. Great community guide. Dedicated.
Bluerise is absolutely fantastic.
Julio2503 is absolutely helpful and friendly.
Shiningamisgirl is absolutely funny and a talented artist.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Wondering when these would be posted...

As I've said before, when it comes to these awards I always feel that it's not whether you win that matters, but the validation in knowing that people appreciate your talents and value you as a person. For this reason, finding out I am Runner Up for Friendliest Staff member reaffirms my caring commitment to the game and all its players; and confirms to me people still feel I live up to my commitment to make sure everyone feels welcomed and cared for.

It's also pleasant just to see my name in the charts again at all, something that wasn't even the case last time...

Saurus

Banned
Saurus said:
I want to add my own little opinions. Cough.

Pansy is super awesome. Also the first person who helped me in the IRC channel.
Luminance is absolutely awesome. Should get more than an award in my opinion with the quick fix responses.
EmpressTeck makes me laugh. Lol.
Creobis is absolutely awesome. Great person. Great community guide. Dedicated.
Hitmonfonty is absolutely awesome. Great person. Great community guide. Dedicated.
Bluerise is absolutely fantastic.
LunaticJames is absolutely amazing. He helped me out.
Julio2503 is absolutely helpful and friendly.
Shiningamisgirl is absolutely funny and a talented artist.

rbecca

I helped counting votes, and I must say, some people misspelled names quite often, or used a shortcut or people would use alt. accounts, i was like ehh o.o a few times :p

Saric

Youngster
Peace-Enforcer said:
Well idk should I be happy for being recognised or angry for misstyping my name.
Apologies. This has been fixed.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to everyone who voted and everyone who put this together. It's nice to know people think I'm doing a good job :)

Shiningamisgirl

Congratulations everyone that won!

2013 was amazing, 2014 will be quadruply amazing! I hope everyone has a great new year!

-sends hugs and loves to everyone, specially the tecks n jinjis.-

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
(Jinji is not too pleased at the sudden hug and chooses not to make himself manifest, so that there is nothing to grab onto)