Suggestion About Botter in Event, need respond and help

yuudev

Hello Staff, i notice there is too many botter in North Dungeon Halloween Event,,and if i record them all i will have no time to hunting poke for my own
can you do something about this?
cause if you dont and you just leave boter problem for the player, many player log in to this game not for finding a botter,,so no one will have much time to always spot the botter especially in the event..

I suggest you -The Staff- need to PM each player at the event at random time each day to see if he/she using a bot..
and that way with tthe help by clean player the botter will be spot easily

what if the botter problems not resolve:
1. number player who using bot will incrase over the time, especially during event
2. the market price will crash because, there is a gap to catch good poke and no good,between clean player and botter
3. maybe some player - not all player- will quit this game because the power gap between player will incrase cause is not fair, in relative time
4. the new player will soon notice and start trying using a bot or make new one

so this is important matter and staff cant just do leave this thing to active player -clean player-
so i suggest staff do something about my suggestion with our help the clean player

The Fact:
using the statistic i see from ban appeal -im sory i dont know how to attach in this post-
there is only 1 from every 20 botter has been spot each week,; especially during the event time

please respond this thread,,or the four problem will soon be occure in PWO

sorry for my bad english..
Thanks staff

Pastor-Of-Muppets

I doubt that even half of those banned even make appeals, I bet less. Also staff don't just wait around for someone to report a suspected botter, you do know that right? (I do not speak for them in any way).

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Why not just record while still playing the game? PMing players doesn't prove they are a botter.

yuudev

yeah i know pm-in does not prove they are botter,,but at least staff help us pm player that suspicious,,

or do you have other suggestion to help us solve botter problems beside non-stop recording

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Report them, you don't have to record videos.

yuudev

okay next time i will report the name,,so you can survilance those player..thanks by the way staff

Iuri

Hello:

I think that a good solution to combat the booter would be during an hour of game or 100 meetings the use a code Kaptcha of random mode. For instance player might need to prove that it is not a boot to 5 min, 25 min, 26 min 55 min ( these times would be completely random ). Or similarly in meetings.

This ruined the majority of boots. In the first stage, until the interval of checks could be shorter. For me, I do not mind doing these checks.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
For the record, the majority of players who are banned never make an appeal. You cannot judge the work of GMs by the Ban Appeal section alone.

G

Event....

yuudev

i do not analysis from ban peal alone, i hear for rumor as well,,so many player find a lot of botter, but still i know its not objective method,,its a intersubjective method of analysis,,

and the effect of the bot user will soon destroy this game, like i say before the four effect will make us the clean player harder to compete
either in matter of trade, battle, or cacth pokemon,,so i think this case need more attention not just from GM, but from us as well.

but some player do not pay attention about this important issue,,i think the staff need to get clean player attention to help them..

to get the attention heres the solution;
i think the GM or staff can give the clean player a prize if she/he find and prove other player using a bot.
i think pokedollar prize is a best solution

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]I don't think that is the solution. If this was implemented would happen a hunt for botters and we would have massive reports (Players reporting only to get the prize). What in my point of view only disturb the staff work.[/glow]

yuudev

yeah i agree is not the best solution,it will be a chaos..

so what is the better solution then,,, just sit back and give this problem to staff? well i think that too is not the best solution

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Report them, whining how they're not being dealt with is not going to help.

yuudev

by the way bluerise can i report only the name without video recording? like you told me before?

-just to make sure-

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
We used to have problems of witch-hunts involving botters a while ago...even WITHOUT rewards. It was absolutely horrible and started divisions between the community. Plus, people who are completely unaware of what a botter actually looks like might report innocent players, adding a lot of traffic to the reports. I'm just saying, that's not worth the positives.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]I think this way is better because a GM always needs to check the case before ban anyone and as someone said that videos doesn't prove anything about hacking, they're only supposed evidences.[/glow]