Stop. Just STOP IT.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Hi, as many of you know, I am female. This has an unfortunate side-effect of making every other male on PWO confess their love/hit on me/want me to do...stuff for them (without even knowing who I am, really).

This has happened in PWO for as long as I remember, and at first it was flattering but now people just get creepier and creepier and I just don't know who they are. I have tried both being nice and nasty, but it doesn't matter because another guy comes up to replace them.

To cut to the chase:

EVERY. DAMN. DAY.
I am made uncomfortable through private messaging. Random people are treating me like some sort of goal. It's like they try to get me to feel affections for them or... I don't even know. They have tried guilt-tripping me to get my name, location, address, cell phone number...People have attempted coercion for everything short of my Social Security Number. And this is in Every faucet of PWO. I am never left alone.
I cringe when I have any messages. I cannot take it anymore, I literally CANNOT.

I am a human being that just wants to enjoy this game without having to pretend to be somebody I am not. I will no longer hide behind hidden accounts or politely decline you, because I shouldn't have to resort to that to feel safe. This seems dramatic, but I kid you not the situation has gone above and beyond. It is NOT acceptable for this to happen to anyone, and I have gone through enough for this post to be justified.

So if you even hint at wanting something more than friendship, I will not be professional with you. I will, at the least, ignore you. If you continue to treat me that way, I am warning you now that I will do whatever the hell I want to about the situation. That includes, if possible, reporting your harassment and getting you banned from this game. It has gone on for too long now and I will not put up with it. I will not take ANY SLIGHT HINT. I've been in these situations several times now and if you even try it after reading this post,
censored.png
you for not considering me. You are not worth my time. (Besides, I'm taken anyway.)

TL;DR:
Don't hit on me. Ever.​
-Sincerely,
Zebra.

lundy

wow thats quite the paragraph
hope things get sorted :)

p.s i like the cat in ur pic hahaha

Criticalz

Go you Zeb! You should be able to fully enjoy this game like you want to enjoy it. If people want some sexual attention or attention in any way related to that i can only say move to a datingsite or anything but dont PM or try anything stupid with the ladies that play PWO. I think this should be a message to everyone that you have to respect EVERYONE on this server. Male, Female, Younger, Older it doesnt matter! Just treat people with respect.

Respect Zeb..

Crit.

Mangos

I got your back xD...
Back_off.jpg
sorry to hear you get harassed though. Terrible stuff. It really is...

InvisibleMonsters

no matter if you're a girl, dude, whatever you identify as, you shouldn't be feeling uncomfortable when all you want to do is enjoy a game like everyone else. people who make you feel anything but joy or w/e when playing a game or on anything really are ridiculous. i think it's worse on games though..once you mention you're a girl on an game when the majority is guys..all hell breaks loose but that doesn't mean you should have to hide who you are in fear of harassment, etc. people need to just chill and let people enjoy the game.

mad30

Youngster
Are you single? Wanna hang out? I know this good movie playing tonight...

Mangos

mad30 said:

hey mad... are you single? Wanna hang out? :-*

mad30

Youngster
Mangos said:
mad30 said:

hey mad... are you single? Wanna hang out? :-*
Sure pick me up at 8. And I expect flowers.

Depends on your idea of free

PsychoticSylph

Actually I wasn't even aware you were a girl,
haha.
Wanna get some ice cream sometime?

Just kidding :-X
I'm sorry guys are being pigs to you. (I'm not saying every guy is a pig).
I just either ignore it or laugh it off, but I've never been guilt tripped before for personal information :/
That definitely sucks.

Hopefully this message is heard!

crenel

Youngster
Protip for boys: try playing a female character in a game for more than a week. When people inevitably ask you "are you a girl irl????" say yes, then see how long you last.

Protip: guys are disgusting and horribly insensitive when anonymous.

Protip: guys, no one wants to see your genitals. Grow out of puberty.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Protip for boys: try playing a female character in a game for more than a week. When people inevitably ask you "are you a girl irl????" say yes, then see how long you last.

Dare you to talk on all chat a lot too.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
For something like this to get to the point where a post like this is actually needed paints a pretty depressing picture of how people can act, its just plain harassing another user.So what that its a girl? Is this honestly such a rare sight? I don't know about the people doing this, but I see girls all the time and you know what, its about 50% of the world's population too, so I don't know what demands you to act in such a stupid and downright disgusting way.

This is something I do not want to see here, its something I didn't even expect people to see, people being so low as to even think of this towards a fellow player, let alone a member of the game's staff -__-
I can pretty safely assume that Zeb isn't the only person who gets or has gotten this sort of treatment from this section of out community and I can't begin to imagine what its like, but what I can do is try to limit the amount of people who this happens to, I highly encouarge people to report people who do this, privately or otherwise, otherwise its just going to taint people's opinions of us and the game itself.

And to anyone who has done or considered doing this, just don't, think about what you would feel like if you were on the recieving end of it all.

/rant

G

Its a pity you have to say this in such a manner.

People really need to cool their jets and play the game and leave people alone: male or female.

Ragus

*raise hand* one question. Why would anyone want to date a cat? lol