Some Jinji answers about new regions for coming into PWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
  • Plans for Kanto Battle Frontier are being discussed.
  • As stated in several places on the Forum, the Hoenn region is in progress and is about 50% complete terrain-wise. However, some of the Hoenn maps have quite complicated layering - for example, Fortree City, which has buildings above trees and bridges above the ground - which pose a challenge for our current mapping system and prevent the maps working as intended in-game, because our current three-layer system only allows the lowest level as floor. A rewrite to this system is planned to allow us to remove this limitation and complete designing the region; then we need to add NPCs and content in before we can finally launch it.
  • Sinnoh and Unova are currently not planned to be implemented in the near future; for various reasons.
  • Orange Islands may be considered after completion of Hoenn, but there are no promises.

Puar

Youngster
=/ would rather have seen jinji post this or confirm

Sasori

Kanto Battle Frontier is for ?

Hoenn is very beautiful, good luck for programmation.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Naruto asked me questions earlier in the week about the progress of mapping in the game, basically wanting to know about the other regions of Pokémon and their plans. The responses I gave were pretty much as listed above. Naruto had asked if he could make a topic about what I told him; and while I doubted the need since many of my responses can be read elsewhere on the Forum, I decided to allow it on the basis that a lot of people don't seem to like reading several topics and would rather similar information was gathered in one place. Of course, I hadn't intended for the responses to be copied word-for-word...

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
White_Wolf is back on the team and we are testing other potential Mappers as we speak; and there's the new Diglett's Cave just been launched. Otherwise its been pretty uneventful for now. Of course, our teams never stop working, so who knows when the next new addition to the game will spring up?

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 4

Markdkh

Hey Jinji What kind of basic knowledge would i need to start mapping?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Markdkh said:
Hey Jinji What kind of basic knowledge would i need to start mapping?
Helpful tips to know are:
  • Nature is random and unpredictable; and outdoor maps should be too. Only make things straight and cleanly laid out if there's buildings or something man-made nearby.
  • Don't use the same tile continuously for the same object - often there are tiles specifically for different positions. For example, there are tiles for starting, continuing and ending fences; and if they don't end cleanly, they look messy. The same is true of trees - some tree tiles have additional shadows around them, which are useful when the trees are bunched up together; but if there's nothing on one side, there shouldn't be a shadow on that side. And so on.
  • An empty space shows an empty mind. Give as much of your map a purpose as possible; and remember that wide open spaces are boring for people to walk through.
  • However, don't overclutter a map either.
  • Look up how the Layering System works as it's important you get it right to make the map work perfectly.
  • Never be afraid to ask for help.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
narutofoxLT said:
How Hoenn same progress or more?
There is nothing new to report about the future inclusion of Hoenn or any other region. When we have some news about these, it will be posted on the Forum.

mad30

Youngster
SMT-450 detected, can we detain the PWO-456 in regards to hoenn. A JRL-654 should be a priority as well as PAE-678

mad30

Youngster
Arenya said:
Bis has my ponies captive, oh and I love him too. It's obvious I wrote this, as my grammar is impeccable.

Damnit no wonder when i went to your place, arenya, to light your ponies on fire I couldn't find them

Arenya

Website
www.dezeen.com
Pssh, I cant even spell grammer right, plus Im too lazy to use apostrophes 87.63% of the time! Clearly that is a lame attempt at impersonating the great me!

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
ponies are getting no remorse now. just you watch! i thought we haz sumting speeeshulll

Arenya

Website
www.dezeen.com
Nuuu, not my darling ponies!
tumblr_lpnyaifkxg1qhhcy7o1_500.gif

In a lame attempt to get back on topic, a Kanto Battle Frontier would be something that I would never use but other people would probably find great joy in.

Status
Not open for further replies.