shiny in banner?

Arnie

would there be any way for the Msg banner to inform of shiny status also? i know it was done in shanes first client version, however never noticed it was missing until last night. id actually prefer it in the actual chat though...being blind does have its disadvantages after all -_-

Zywa-Torpeda

I think there are more important things than this. Poke is sparkling + it has big S in front of name, so it's enough for everyone i belive.

pieoffury

Zywa_Torpeda said:
I think there are more important things than this. Poke is sparkling + it has big S in front of name, so it's enough for everyone i belive.
Yes it is enough but having the "shiny..." appear makes it more exciting. Also, not everyone are pokemon fanatics and I have seen several players play pokemon for the first time here in pwo. They wouldn't always know the difference. Adding that bit wouldn't do any harm to the community but could benefit the uninformed.

SOULTAKER1994

Zywa_Torpeda said:
when youre literally just killing and spamming run you dont notice this or the sparkles in the pokes. its happened with me many times and i kinda agree with arnie that the banner should show the S logo on it as it did before.

Buggot

Arnie_Jr said:
would there be any way for the Msg banner to inform of shiny status also? i know it was done in shanes first client version, however never noticed it was missing until last night. id actually prefer it in the actual chat though...being blind does have its disadvantages after all -_-

So do you mean blind, or do you mean colorblind? I agree, it would be very difficult for a completely blind person to play.

Arnie

Buggot said:
Arnie_Jr said:

So do you mean blind, or do you mean colorblind? I agree, it would be very difficult for a completely blind person to play.

im legally blind, so yeah

Shiningamisgirl

Personally I like the idea. Adding a verbal/message banner on top of the S and the Sparkles. It is sadly easy enough to miss an S poke when you get into that hunting tunnel vision area. Just hitting run or kill repetitively, waiting for the glitter to pop up.

So much so that most new players don't recognize what an S is. Plus with people who's eyes are..say..always on chat. A nice little pop up would be good.

The question is not 'importance' so much as it is 'ease of implementation'. If its real super easy for them to add this feature back in, or on top of, then it'd be nice.

I'm sure there are lots of people who can say they've run from an S poke, on mistake, because the color change wasn't enough to jog a person out of that hunting zone.

They added the change with releasing pokemon as well, because people would spam release and then..well. So now theres a time limit, and a nice handy pop up of 'are you sure you want to release this?" click option.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Shiningamisgirl said:
I'm sure there are lots of people who can say they've run from an S poke, on mistake, because the color change wasn't enough to jog a person out of that hunting zone.

Also the colour isn't that much different on some shinies and lag can be a factor in seeing it is shiny. I used to watch for the sparkles but now I look for both sparkles and gold S after running from a shiny chinchou that looked normal until I pressed run and the watched as the sparkles appeared as the battle ended.

There's no guarantee the feature is still there in the client or that it can be re-activated without the source code, but I don't see why it shouldn't be if it is possible next time a minor client update is made.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Banner, in chat msg, above chat msg or in the 'action' (left) box?

Which do people prefer?

PS. Not promising anything.

Buggot

Action Box - Nah, I almost never pay attention to that when searching for shinies.

Chat Msg- If it was a different color maybe. But still, I pay less attention to it when searching for shinies

Banner - I would choose this one, because I see it the first thing, and usually look and "interpret" it more :D

Promise something, Blue! :p JK, hope this gets in though

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I would vote for both banner and in chat system message if it's possible/desired to have two of those options. If only one, the banner.

Arnie

id prefer it in chat (i tend to stare at the chat a lot rather than focusing on where im walking and only looking up when the battle screen flashes)

Shiningamisgirl

HitmonFonty said:
I would vote for both banner and in chat system message if it's possible/desired to have two of those options. If only one, the banner.

This option, and what soul said. Both. Because chat can rush right by, unless your on something other than the main chat.

Both would be nice though, if possible. Not only in chat tho.

Arnie

what u could do (not saying u will of course this is merely a suggestion) is create a chat command where it turns on the pokemon encounter dialogue in the main chat aswell as have it in the banner. that way if people dont want it they could just keep it off (have it off as default). Not the moves used and stuff only the actual encounter.