Shane's Departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belemuel

pow001 said:
oh shane is gone, its sad, what the hell you all did to him, after all of the improvements he made.

I GUESS YOU ARE ALL SELFISH EEEEEEEEE
THINKING OF YOUR OWN EGO
YOU JUST MAKE YOURSELVES HERE KINGS
NO RESPECT FOR OTHERS HAHAHAH

NO WONDER NOBODY LIKES YOU PEOPLE
THEY JUST RESPECT YOU OUT OF FEAR
LIKE, I WILL BAN YOU WHEN YOU DO NOT RESPECT ME :D

YOU MADE A GREAT PERSON GO WHAT A SHAME
You're an idiot.

ChaoticMantis

Belemuel said:
pow001 said:
oh shane is gone, its sad, what the hell you all did to hback, after all of the improvements he made.

I GUESS YOU ARE ALL SELFISH EEEEEEEEE
THINKING OF YOUR OWN EGO
YOU JUST MAKE YOURSELVES HERE KINGS
NO RESPECT FOR OTHERS HAHAHAH

NO WONDER NOBODY LIKES YOU PEOPLE
THEY JUST RESPECT YOU OUT OF FEAR
LIKE, I WILL BAN YOU WHEN YOU DO NOT RESPECT ME :D

YOU MADE A GREAT PERSON GO WHAT A SHAME
You're an idiot.
What Bele said. You clearly didn't read even a sentence of this whole thread. Just..... go back to wherever you came from pls

anir

....*rading post*...*reading*....*frowning*...*reading more*..

i've heard enough

Either pwo will survive or not, it all dependes on the Staff's professionalism.

Nobody gives a damn if u don't like each other, just work it out, and do what's best for this project.
If u don't like shane (talking to those who were acting like Jerks towards him) then at least respect his skill and ability to move the game forward.

Now that the Only dev is gone, is there any future for the game?

Sepulchre

Ok .... so i just started playing this game and was quite excited to finally find an online pokemon game (._. ironically its been here since 2007) but after hearing about this incident and the fact that everyone is calling *Shane* the only active gm...... I dunno what to do now imo (ill still most probably play cos well Pokemon. :3) However, im pretty sure this is the perfect time to show how this game will stand now ...... its really vital now for the gms to get some good updates now (and perhaps a 2 v 2 trainer battle? <3) or trainers will just leave the game (b4 i even get my charmeleon turn into a charizard) qq

Mantis

Youngster
Website
www.technopathic.org
Sepulchre said:
Ok .... so i just started playing this game and was quite excited to finally find an online pokemon game (._. ironically its been here since 2007) but after hearing about this incident and the fact that everyone is calling *Shane* the only active gm...... I dunno what to do now imo (ill still most probably play cos well Pokemon. :3) However, im pretty sure this is the perfect time to show how this game will stand now ...... its really vital now for the gms to get some good updates now (and perhaps a 2 v 2 trainer battle? <3) or trainers will just leave the game (b4 i even get my charmeleon turn into a charizard) qq

Don't get too discouraged. We've been through a LOT worse. and always pulled through it. ontop of that, Shane was always kinda wishy-washy on being here before he quit recently. yes, i understand that it was due to IRL issues, but he'd be gone for almost years at a time.
so don't worry. Things will start improving soon enough

Yukiro~

Youngster
I came back to pwo after a year and I must say I'm fairly disappointed. Retired staff arguing within a thread letting the players know how unstable things really are. Players involving themselves in something which they can't confirm but only opinion-ate. The admin team still showing a lack of professionalism? I take no side, but back when he was here more often Shane got things done and he seemed more professional about his workings. In the end it boils down to this topic being pointless, at this point Shane isn't coming back and people are letting out grudges or just involving themselves to get known.

At the end of the day not a single word muttered in this topic will change the current situation of PWO. I hope though, the admins get a better grasp on that programming situation. I can also say, for this game to have been out as long as it has been, it's quite pathetic that Hoenn or anything else still hasn't been released. Had your team worked faster towards programming a functional new engine rather than doing work on one where your capabilities are limited...the game wouldn't be in this mess.

I used to think Bis was a bad guy, until reading this thread. He's actually gained a +1 from me. There's no excuse behind unprofessional-ism, and like it was previously said none of the staff have been professionally trained and are mostly hobbyist developers who are still in school, don't expect too much from a fan based mmorpg kids.

- Yuki

Mantis

Youngster
Website
www.technopathic.org
Merse said:
We have been through a lot worse? When?

The Zidonuke incident, the Cease and desist letter from Nintendo which had the server down for 5-7 months straight, the DDOS attacks which we've had multiple of throughout the years. just because you personally weren't here for an incident or don't hear people talking about it doesn't mean that nothing bad ever happened before now. It'd be wise to remember that in the future. You weren't around for WWII, but that doesn't mean it wasn't bad.
I was simply explaining to a new player that the game isnt "dead" or "over" like the lot of you all seem to believe.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
Mantis said:
Merse said:
We have been through a lot worse? When?

The Zidonuke incident, the Cease and desist letter from Nintendo which had the server down for 5-7 months straight, the DDOS attacks which we've had multiple of throughout the years. just because you personally weren't here for an incident or don't hear people talking about it doesn't mean that nothing bad ever happened before now. It'd be wise to remember that in the future. You weren't around for WWII, but that doesn't mean it wasn't bad.
I was simply explaining to a new player that the game isnt "dead" or "over" like the lot of you all seem to believe.
I've been around for all the incidents, and you know whats the common trend? They're all staff induced.

Zidonuke: He was a great Developer, but **** attitude. He actually wasn't that bad, until certain staff members of the game and IRC disrespected him and etc, kinda like what happened to Shane recently. Unlike Zido, Shane was more mature about it. However Zidonuke wasn't some psycho who joined the game just to ruin it. He made several upgrades and changes to the server, however the staff and IRC drove him away.

DDOS attacks: I know of several attacks that happened to PWO because of chocobo, by NinjaBR and his friends. They claim I'm rude to the players I banned. I don't remember anyone I banned ddosing the server for weeks straight.

Sopa.Panois said:
You will unban my account ?

Your answer may decide the future of the PWO !

"Revenge Group" - "Union Fighting to Destroy Games"

"This notice was sent directly to Chcobo"

-Bis: I do not have much patience as my friend NBR, I'm not making threats I just make unannounced.
Tonight Server will suffer major Damage if my account is not activated can say that the "Choco" if you can.
This is a small snippet of what I'm talking about.
If someone is making threats against your game (and has been ddosing the game), you don't ignore him because of your ego. You sit down and talk to him, try to negotiate a peaceful ending. I had to do this several times in the background, so that players could just get on the game. Yea thats right, the disrespectful "rude" bad attitude GM negotiated peacefully with Ninjabr and had stopped the game from being attacked at least for a few weeks (till I went on vacation). If I could swallow my pride and make concessions, why couldnt Chocobo or Bluerise?

Finally, none of those things that happened were as bad as what happened here recently. Xanatus had a backup of the game, so Zidonuke didnt make a big dent. In actuality, we improved after the Zidonuke incident, as we had Vash encrypt all the passwords. Xanatus and Zammbi I believe found a work around the C&D letter, and the server was up the entire time. PWO was never down because of the C&D. DDOS attacks happen, once they stop, things move on. But there is NOTHING worse, than a game remaining stagnant with minimal improvement. So unless PWO manages to get their hands on several quality DEVS (and not guys like Hardcoreh who hasnt completed his client in a year, and Thugie, who both leave because they're being shown up) and an actual Project Manager (Bluerise is not a project manager. He cannot handle people, assign roles, recruit, MANAGE, or be as transparent as the community needs, he's just a glorified scripter on a power trip. Honestly, if Jinji got the stick out of his *** and started trying, he'd make a pretty decent Project Manager.) this game will remain stagnant..

Mantis

Youngster
Website
www.technopathic.org
if we werent down for the C&D letter then what was it that caused the mutiple month downtime then, Bis?
not trying to be a smartass, i'm seriousy asking because i know we were both staff during the time of that downtime. it was back when we had old forums and the IP chat built into the forums. I could have sworn that was the C&D letter.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
Mantis said:
if we werent down for the C&D letter then what was it that caused the mutiple month downtime then, Bis?
not trying to be a smartass, i'm seriousy asking because i know we were both staff during the time of that downtime. it was back when we had old forums and the IP chat built into the forums. I could have sworn that was the C&D letter.
It wasn't down, it was actually up. Ask nizar, he went on a botting spree during the C&D era. Nee was busy handing out shiny pokes, as was Jinji I believe. I do remember that the server was also down several weeks because of coding issue or needing kyro or whatever, however.

Arnie

Mantis said:
oh wait... i remember that now.

then maybe the thing im remembering it being down for a long time was the coding issues

this was infact due to trying to host more than 1 game server. it worked for like a week then broke the database due to syncing issues.

Merse

Youngster
I wouldn't blame every DDOS attack on the staff, even though it's well known that NinjaBR was behind many. But there was that incident in which case almost all but one Pokemon MMOs were attacked simultaneously.
Anyway, that doesn't change the fact that I don't think we were ever in a dire situation such as this, because even though there were crises, there always was a stable staff who kept the game up and running. Now the staff is falling apart and key positions cannot be filled any more crippling (if not fatally wounding) the development of the game.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
It's not a secret that Ninja attacked the server because I banned his accounts, why he blames me for this is another question considering he had accounts banned by other GMs before I even held the rank. I would guess that it was because I found his 'hidden' accounts but only he could answer than, just as no one can speak for what was said between myself and him other than ourselves since you cannot know what was said between us unless you can go back over 2 years(?) worth of PMs and other conversations.
I think the wiki post that was linked gives a pretty decent overview of the problems of the past, not including that there were times where the game would be down for even a month at a time waiting for Kyro to return for a single server restart on what was a server much less stable than todays.

Stank

Youngster
actually bis and Mantis both of you were right about the C&D the game was taken off line for a short time and then the server status was set to appear offline. so it was down to the outside world but players knew it was still up the whole time

NinjaBr

Banned
Chocobo7 said:
It's not a secret that Ninja attacked the server because I banned his accounts, why he blames me for this is another question considering he had accounts banned by other GMs before I even held the rank. I would guess that it was because I found his 'hidden' accounts but only he could answer than, just as no one can speak for what was said between myself and him other than ourselves since you cannot know what was said between us unless you can go back over 2 years(?) worth of PMs and other conversations.
I think the wiki post that was linked gives a pretty decent overview of the problems of the past, not including that there were times where the game would be down for even a month at a time waiting for Kyro to return for a single server restart on what was a server much less stable than todays.

It all started in Account "pokevibe" when I was banned for not knowing the rules and it was something innocent, I was a rookie and the game was new to me.

I have nothing nice to say, therefore nothing to say at all!

<link removed by ArcticSun>

Status
Not open for further replies.