Shane's Departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Sorry to be a killjoy but thats enough of the turtle's, you're free to make a topic in other forum section for them though. :)

ChaoticMantis

its also enough of the petty arguing. but people wont be stopping that crap any time soon. :l

also burdbrain, youre no fun. turtles is love. turtles is life.

Stank

Youngster
Chocobo7 said:
Sorry to be a killjoy but thats enough of the turtle's, you're free to make a topic in other forum section for them though. :)

This is mildly upsetting, though I will abide by your decision.
Unless you decide to change your mind that is.
Really though i see no harm in a little fun.
Though I will no longer mention them any more
Losers are the only one who talk shelled reptiles
Enough enough i know lol
Seriously though no more (L)

Pangaea

Krysi said:
Go regroup with your buddies and think of something else, instead of spewing the same thing over and over when its already been answered. FFS
So you honestly think you deserve to be Admin with an attitude like that? Also, I'm not sure if you're aware...but in reality, teams always agree on things before putting something into motion. By the way, I'm not sure what buddies you're talking about. I came here myself because I was tired of all the selfishness I've been seeing here[/quote]

^^ dont know why it isnt quoting the rest of it. :eek:

except it isnt a team, it's a staff....

ChaoticMantis

Stank said:
Chocobo7 said:

This is mildly upsetting, though I will abide by your decision.
Unless you decide to change your mind that is.
Really though i see no harm in a little fun.
Though I will no longer mention them any more
Losers are the only one who talk shelled reptiles
Enough enough i know lol
Seriously though no more (L)

Im gonna kill both of you lol

mad30

Youngster
Thank you bis, this actually begs more questions I have.

First, I never said any of his changes he made was client changes, I simply did not have the ability he does (which I've mention numerous times) and having the client source code would have made me understand things better (like how the server/client communicates with each other).

Secondly, if the client source code was actually released (even an outdated version) why was I nor anyone to my knowledge informed of this. This is not shanes fault but xans.

Note: trying to defend the current staff from attacks does not mean I am trying to make Shane look bad. I will continue to defend shanes efforts as much as the staff.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
from one of my past conversations with lee, he had access to the source code, but it was outdated so he found it useless, or something of the sorts. sadly skype only holds convo data for up to a year then deletes, so i cant back this up.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Some of you are going off-topic, don't expect others to take your future comments with maturity because you are showing the opposite...

Everything that could've been said has already been said. Shane left while he shouldn't and yes, he made his faults but, the staff made some faults aswell and thats it. Some will support the staff and some will support Shane, because of friendship reasons or personal reasons, it doesn't matter anymore because its done, he may return or not(please god elp us), what matters is the way we are going to keep pwo alive, but sure this isn't the way. Changes should appear now, there's stuff to think about, we'll see.

One thing I'd like to quote, because I want you (staff) to re-read it or to simply read it in case you haven't:

kjata30 said:
By chance, I happened to head back to the site a few days ago. I have been following this predicament from information released by both sides and what I have to say is this: are you serious? I have never witnessed such a childlike approach to development and game support in any game that I have ever played. Regardless as to whether or not you own the IP, you are selling a product. That product depends on active, ongoing, professional development and support. PWO has failed miserably to deliver on both accounts, tying developers' hands behind their backs and taking a frankly belligerent stance with your own players.

I work in a real development studio. Do you know what happens in the real world when you find a bug in your game? You fix it immediately! You don't promise your users you'll get around to it and leave them hanging for months (years!) before even taking a look at it. This product is going to fail, and it's not because your users don't like the product. It's because something better is going to come along and replace you. And frankly, you haven't been setting the bar very high with actions like this.

mad30

Youngster
matileo19 said:
Some of you are going off-topic, don't expect others to take your future comments with maturity because you are showing the opposite...
sorry mati, but I've stop taking anything you say as useful for a long time now. Bis has actually enlightened me on a few things, to bad you will never understand that feeling.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
mad30 said:
matileo19 said:
sorry mati, but I've stop taking anything you say as useful for a long time now. Bis has actually enlightened me on a few things, to bad you will never understand that feeling.

This wasn't mainly- directed to you and Bis. Don't worry, I know that feeling, even better than some of you, but the time doesn't have a Pause button.

ChaoticMantis

matileo19 said:
Im assuming this was directed at me and stank but I honestly don't care. Everyone is doing nothing but arguing over petty crap but im considered to be a nusiance for joking. Take a look around at 99.9% of these posts that are nothing but people arguing with other people saying "you're wrong because I say and think I'm right."

Arnie

its funny how this thread has been swamped with ex staff members :3

also up until recently the source code they had was version 1.52 (which was released in 2010 and therefore useless)

ChaoticMantis

I also noticed this trend lol.

Why can't we all agree this argument is stupid and move on? Srsly guize.

Merse

Youngster
I wonder why can't either side just suck up their big balls, be the wiser one and apologize. Either Shane or Blue, I don't really care. But I pretty much doubt that without Shane there will be no more major updates for PWO. And that hurts us, players and hurts whoever gains form all the donations. But mostly it hurts us, so please, find a compromise already! :)

Gozz

Website
www.google.com
I have absolutely no insight on the way staff functions, nor do I know any of these people personally; however, I love the game as much as anyone, have spent my fair share of time playing, and I think I can provide a helpful neutral opinion to consider on both ends. This back and forth action, although helpful to mad which is good, is not really accomplishing anything. I believe the tensions that have arisen in this forum are due to the fact the initial post from staff was simply not proactive enough (aside from vaguely suggesting that current staff will work on the remnants of Shane's work - a seemingly inefficient solution as many have voiced). The statement released was perfect in addressing the issue and I clearly understand what happened along with their side of the story, thus it completed its intended function. The problem I see being voiced on this forum, aside from Bis clarifying his end as much as possible as I feel he should be entitled to do, is that people just don't know what to expect for the future and are even afraid the best times have passed, which is certainly not true.

As people like JD and Merse are suggesting, the possibility of some kind of apology may make things better on both ends. I'm sure Shane does care about the game and did not want to leave PWO like this, especially as a co-owner; I'm also sure the current staff has not been exactly thrilled at the opinions voiced, can possibly be unmotivated to work on a free project for players who are putting them down, and of course must be bummed, at least a little, by the fact that they seemingly lost a great DEV. Additionally, flat out rejecting someone that is willing to work for free and clearly is passionate about the game in Bis may be a talking point for moving forward as his positive aspects may outweigh his negatives and he may even remain in close contact to Shane to clarify things if a resolution between parties cannot be reached (again I stress I do not know these people personally, do not even know if this would be possible, and this is just a hopeful suggestion).

At the same time I understand that due to the circumstances these actions may not be possible through current disagreement and problems from the past, in which case assuring players that new DEVs are being sought out, that the current staff has an idea on what to do with Shane's work that can be specified for players (even a small roadmap that links Shane's remnants to a viable update would do wonders in my eyes), and that maybe even Bis can help by providing further tools through himself or even Shane to help move the game forward. I don't think a plea like this is all that much to ask for and I hope staff realizes that regardless of what happens, even if there is no further action taken, all players appreciate the effort and work accomplished by you guys and understand that it is completed voluntarily. I think that the benefits of producing a game that so many people spend lots of time on and really do love should outweigh personal disagreements.The staff has made it this far and I have absolutely no doubts that the game will continue progressing in its own way. I wish the best for both sides of this disagreement and hope that a resolution of these problems may still be a viable option.

~Gozz

pow001

oh shane is gone, its sad, what the hell you all did to him, after all of the improvements he made.

I GUESS YOU ARE ALL SELFISH EEEEEEEEE
THINKING OF YOUR OWN EGO
YOU JUST MAKE YOURSELVES HERE KINGS
NO RESPECT FOR OTHERS HAHAHAH

NO WONDER NOBODY LIKES YOU PEOPLE
THEY JUST RESPECT YOU OUT OF FEAR
LIKE, I WILL BAN YOU WHEN YOU DO NOT RESPECT ME :D

YOU MADE A GREAT PERSON GO WHAT A SHAME

Status
Not open for further replies.